Great Pyrenees/Anatolian

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Great Pyrenees/Anatolian

Postby wacocowboy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:20 am

What is the point in crossing the Anatolian with Great Pyrenees? Almost all the puppies I see for sale are a cross.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

branguscowgirl
GURU
GURU

Re: Great Pyrenees/Anatolian

Postby branguscowgirl » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:24 am

wacocowboy wrote:What is the point in crossing the Anatolian with Great Pyrenees? Almost all the puppies I see for sale are a cross.

Hybrid vigor! :mrgreen:
0 x
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but, rather, a manner of traveling!

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:38 am

branguscowgirl wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:What is the point in crossing the Anatolian with Great Pyrenees? Almost all the puppies I see for sale are a cross.

Hybrid vigor! :mrgreen:

True. I only know what I've been told but that is that the cross is more intelligent, and a better working dog. Pyrenees are good but just not as good. Seem to want to wander off more and play with the kids (which they're great with). Others probably know much more about them than I.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

4x4dually
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby 4x4dually » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:44 am

All I can say is that the cross HAS to be more intelligent than crossing a Pyrenees and a Blood Hound. She thought she could whip a crude oil tanker...she lost. ;(

Sweet heart....but dumb as a box of schidt.

Our Anatolian is huge and lazy but protects the house really well. She is 9.

0 x
Electrical Engineer.....with a few momma cows....so basically, Rancher still in training wheels.

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:51 am

We have that cross for one of our dogs, although he looks more like a Pyrenees. Very, very friendly and smart dog........ But his biggest problem is he barks all night and sleeps a day.
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

4x4dually
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby 4x4dually » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:54 am

Alan wrote:We have that cross for one of our dogs, although he looks more like a Pyrenees. Very, very friendly and smart dog........ But his biggest problem is he barks all night and sleeps a day.

With all the rural burglaries out here as of late, that isn't always a bad thing. $.02
0 x
Electrical Engineer.....with a few momma cows....so basically, Rancher still in training wheels.

GMN
GURU
GURU

Postby GMN » Wed May 06, 2015 4:33 pm

i prefer the straight Pyringes-great dogs-good guardians, another great family dog and guardian is a Newfoundland-Ihave one of those and he is just the best dog in the whole wide world!!
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon May 11, 2015 2:43 pm

GMN wrote:i prefer the straight Pyringes-great dogs-good guardians, another great family dog and guardian is a Newfoundland-Ihave one of those and he is just the best dog in the whole wide world!!

My first pyrenees was a great guard dog. Stayed with the cows most of the time and patrolled constantly it seemed. The next one wanted to just be a pet and play with the other dog and the kids......she would go out with the cows occasionally but just didnt' seem as interested.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Mon May 11, 2015 4:12 pm

TexasBred wrote:
GMN wrote:i prefer the straight Pyringes-great dogs-good guardians, another great family dog and guardian is a Newfoundland-Ihave one of those and he is just the best dog in the whole wide world!!

My first pyrenees was a great guard dog. Stayed with the cows most of the time and patrolled constantly it seemed. The next one wanted to just be a pet and play with the other dog and the kids......she would go out with the cows occasionally but just didnt' seem as interested.

So she was a "Not quite so Great Pyrenees" then?
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue May 12, 2015 2:18 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
TexasBred wrote:

So she was a "Not quite so Great Pyrenees" then?

:lol2: :lol2: Yeah....just rode the clock.
0 x

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”