Simon

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
kerley
GURU
GURU

Simon

Postby kerley » Sat May 16, 2015 9:33 pm

Back in 1999 my Daughter wanted a new dog of her own. She searched the news papers till she found a Kinnel one hundred miles north of our place that bred and sold Jack Russell pups, she had saved her money and wanted mom and I to take her for a look.
This man had about thirty pups ready to go and Kelly picked a little white male with black spots and it was love at first sight. Kelly was short about Fifty dollars so we paid the difference as Kelly knew we would. Our family loved this little dog.
In June 3, 2000 we were notified that our son Danny was killed in an accident while serving in the United States Navy. You only know that pain when you loose a Child and that loss changed our lives forever. When Kathy was in her darkest moments little Simon would get on her lap and try to comfort her. Simon was always with Kathy and if anyone other than our household got to close to her you would see Simon standing by her side showing those sharp white teeth. Simon started loosing his balance about a year ago and sleeping a lot, so Kathy took him to the Vet. The Vet told her that Simon was in no pain but his quality of life was declining and for us to be prepared to put him down. Kathy decided to give him the extra care required as long as Simon was eating well and showing no sign of pain.
This week Simon took a turn for the worst. Kathy nurtured him until he passed today at 7pm. Simon had a very good life of sixteen years. Kathy knew today would be the day. When I awoke this morning Kathy was gone so I looked and found her setting on our front porch with Simon in her lap. She was gently petting him and he looked comfortable and happy as he peacefully laid there looking up to Kathy. I know Simon had a good life and was comforted by Kathy to the end. We are very sad and I will bury Simon next to Lucy. We pray that there is a special place for Dogs in Heaven.
0 x

LazyARanch
GURU
GURU

Re: Simon

Postby LazyARanch » Sat May 16, 2015 9:48 pm

So sorry for your loss. They hold a place in our hearts that no words can explain, and their loss leaves such a hole in our lives!! Simon was blessed to have your family, and yes, I truly believe there is a place in heaven for our beloved pets!
0 x
"If you want to know where your heart is, look where your mind goes when it wanders." Henri Frederic Amie
Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the M is silent...

Williamsv
GURU
GURU

Postby Williamsv » Sat May 16, 2015 11:10 pm

I was so sorry to read about your loss. I know the pain that comes from losing a pet. I believe too that pets have a place in Heaven. They bring us a lot of joy, but our hearts break when we lose them. Think about your good memories. They will help bring comfort.
0 x

Named'em Tamed'em
GURU
GURU

Postby Named'em Tamed'em » Sun May 17, 2015 12:06 am

Sorry for your loss! I can't imagine life without a dog. Definitely man's best friend .
Scott
0 x
Get over it! It could have been alot worse.

branguscowgirl
GURU
GURU

Postby branguscowgirl » Sun May 17, 2015 1:56 am

I am so sorry. You were blessed to have had Simon, and Simon was blessed to have had your family. I pray for your hearts to heal. And for you all to find peace in that you will be with Simon again someday.
It truly is a blessing to have our pets and for all the love that they give us. Very hard to say goodbye to them. :(
Take care.
0 x
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but, rather, a manner of traveling!

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”