What are you eating today?

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Re: What are you eating today?

Postby greybeard » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:20 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:Lunch

Looks like you dripped cheese all over the place, but that melted gooey stuff looks awful anyway.
I used to really like them loaded up, messy, gotta eat with a fork or spoon chili dogs, especially the ones from Sonic. Tried one a couple years ago and it was so salty I couldn't eat it. Wife said her's was the same way.

I'm the same way about green peas as some are about macNcheese. I've eaten 9 gondola carloads of little green pellet peas (english peas) in my life and if I never see another one it will be too soon.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:04 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:Image

Two ribeyes, Mac and cheese, and green beans. I am so stuffed I feel like a turkey at Thanksgiving dinner.

Looks good .. Where's my plate ?

lol I think it would be pretty cold by the time we got it to you. Butter, Earl Campbell seasoning salt, Worcestershire sauce, a good cut of meat, and a hot flat iron my secret recipe :lol2: . When I don't feel like going outside to grill that is the best way I have found to make a steak.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:12 pm

Jogeephus wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:Looks good Waco but I just can't do the Mac and cheese. I think I've eaten enough of that in my lifetime to do me.

I am addicted to the stuff. I ate both steaks and some of the MAC and Cheese and some green beans. Tonight I had leftover green beans and Mac and Cheese. I have eaten all kinds baked, high end, every ones special recipe and they are good but I keep coming back to the Kraft blue box.

I used to love it but like anything else if you eat to much of it you get tired of it and I've eaten a truckload of it so its something I can do without. A few years ago I ate some a lady made from scratch. I think it had seven pounds of cheese in it and there were several different cheeses in it. I had to give that a try and it was real good. I figured the lady got her recipe from Sky because it was really just cheese with a macaroni scattered in it here and there. :lol:

That does sound like a Sky recipe :lol2:
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:13 pm

greybeard wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:Lunch

Looks like you dripped cheese all over the place, but that melted gooey stuff looks awful anyway.
I used to really like them loaded up, messy, gotta eat with a fork or spoon chili dogs, especially the ones from Sonic. Tried one a couple years ago and it was so salty I couldn't eat it. Wife said her's was the same way.

I'm the same way about green peas as some are about macNcheese. I've eaten 9 gondola carloads of little green pellet peas (english peas) in my life and if I never see another one it will be too soon.

:lol:
wacocowboy wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:Image

Two ribeyes, Mac and cheese, and green beans. I am so stuffed I feel like a turkey at Thanksgiving dinner.

Looks good .. Where's my plate ?

lol I think it would be pretty cold by the time we got it to you. Butter, Earl Campbell seasoning salt, Worcestershire sauce, a good cut of meat, and a hot flat iron my secret recipe :lol2: . When I don't feel like going outside to grill that is the best way I have found to make a steak.

Nice... I will grill out in a snow storm ... If I weren't working in it that is :lol: I always feel like grilling
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:35 pm

I'd rather grill in a snowstorm than 100 degrees heat.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:09 am

wacocowboy wrote:I'd rather grill in a snowstorm than 100 degrees heat.

I agree :D
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:06 pm

Chicken marinated in teriyaki marinade and bbq sauce ... cream peas... cream squash ... mac and cheese

0 x

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:49 pm

Looks pretty tasty Sky.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:51 pm

wacocowboy wrote:Looks pretty tasty Sky.

Thanks It was... I am not sure what dinner will be this weekend yet. What about you?
0 x

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:56 am

Tomorrow will get deep fried ribs then Sunday where Dad wants to go for Fathers Day
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:39 am

I had fresh squash green beans steak mashed potaotes corn on the cob I was too hungry forgot to take pic till the end

0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:22 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:I had fresh squash green beans steak mashed potaotes corn on the cob I was too hungry forgot to take pic till the end

Wish you lived closer Sky....would love to watch you destroy a big buffet somewhere. :lol2:
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:53 pm

TexasBred wrote:Wish you lived closer Sky....would love to watch you destroy a big buffet somewhere. :lol2:

:lol: I can put a dent in a buffet with good foods.
0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:55 pm

Looks good. How is the squash prepared? Never seen it done like that.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:09 pm

Jogeephus wrote:Looks good. How is the squash prepared? Never seen it done like that.

Cook squash in milk and onions and pepper till really soft
Bring milk and squash to a boil them cut it down to medium cook it till squash is soft then add sugar cook a few more minutes
0 x

Return to “Recipes and Cooking”