Dairy farmers breakfast on the go?

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
Post Reply
OzssieDave19
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:11 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Dairy farmers breakfast on the go?

Post by OzssieDave19 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:54 pm

Hi there, I am working on big dairy farms artificial br3eding. We start 3 am working through to 7 am. Then it's a brief break and on to the next job. Breakfast has been a bacon and egg toasties from a cafe on the go.

It's expensive and going to hurt my waist. Anyone got a suggestion of something I could do? I have been thinking porridge in a thermos?

Thanks. I should note it has to be in the car before i go to bed or grab it with me as i walk out the door. I normally take a coffee cup for the drive.



User avatar
sstterry
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 am
Location: Bulls Gap, TN
Has thanked: 455 times
Been thanked: 279 times

Re: Dairy farmers breakfast on the go?

Post by sstterry » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:46 pm

1. Apple and a Granola Bar?
2. A homemade breakfast burrito with eggs and bacon?
3. A Protein or meal shake (stay away from that Instant Breakfast stuff it is all sugar)

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 30162
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas
Has thanked: 230 times
Been thanked: 207 times

Re: Dairy farmers breakfast on the go?

Post by TexasBred » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:54 pm

OzssieDave19 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:54 pm
Hi there, I am working on big dairy farms artificial br3eding. We start 3 am working through to 7 am. Then it's a brief break and on to the next job. Breakfast has been a bacon and egg toasties from a cafe on the go.

It's expensive and going to hurt my waist. Anyone got a suggestion of something I could do? I have been thinking porridge in a thermos?

Thanks. I should note it has to be in the car before i go to bed or grab it with me as i walk out the door. I normally take a coffee cup for the drive.
My wife makes a couple of dozen breakfast burritos at one time and puts them in the freezer in plastic bags. Two minutes in the microwave and they're very hot. Most of the times it's scrambled eggs, bacon, chopped up hash brown potatoes, chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, and cheese. Some she will substitute sausage for bacon. REally hits the spot early in the morning.
“Tell me what you brag about and I'll tell you what you lack”

Spanish Proverb

User avatar
Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 12297
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:31 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: Dairy farmers breakfast on the go?

Post by Bigfoot » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:04 pm

Keep a jar of peanut butter in the cab of your truck, and you’ll never starve.
Your not a small business owner. Your a stay at home mom trapped in a pyramid scheme.

User avatar
1982vett
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8920
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Central Texas
Has thanked: 76 times
Been thanked: 141 times

Re: Dairy farmers breakfast on the go?

Post by 1982vett » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:52 pm

McDonald’s sausage biscuit, $1.09 is my go to on the road breakfast.
Aug 7, 2019 22:51GMT -5 the illustrious potentate said:
Because you have the freedom to say what you think, doesn't always mean that you should.

The right to speak freely is not free of consequences.

User avatar
1982vett
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8920
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Central Texas
Has thanked: 76 times
Been thanked: 141 times

Re: Dairy farmers breakfast on the go?

Post by 1982vett » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:59 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:54 pm
OzssieDave19 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:54 pm
Hi there, I am working on big dairy farms artificial br3eding. We start 3 am working through to 7 am. Then it's a brief break and on to the next job. Breakfast has been a bacon and egg toasties from a cafe on the go.

It's expensive and going to hurt my waist. Anyone got a suggestion of something I could do? I have been thinking porridge in a thermos?

Thanks. I should note it has to be in the car before i go to bed or grab it with me as i walk out the door. I normally take a coffee cup for the drive.
My wife makes a couple of dozen breakfast burritos at one time and puts them in the freezer in plastic bags. Two minutes in the microwave and they're very hot. Most of the times it's scrambled eggs, bacon, chopped up hash brown potatoes, chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, and cheese. Some she will substitute sausage for bacon. REally hits the spot early in the morning.
I’ve had to delete the potato’s and tortillas for the most part. Guess it’s closer to a scrambled omelet. :D
Aug 7, 2019 22:51GMT -5 the illustrious potentate said:
Because you have the freedom to say what you think, doesn't always mean that you should.

The right to speak freely is not free of consequences.

Redgully
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:24 am
Location: Karragullen, Western Australia
Has thanked: 426 times
Been thanked: 310 times

Re: Dairy farmers breakfast on the go?

Post by Redgully » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:08 pm

Vegemite sandwhich, what more could you ask for.

User avatar
alisonb
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5129
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:37 am
Location: South Africa
Has thanked: 282 times
Been thanked: 263 times

Re: Dairy farmers breakfast on the go?

Post by alisonb » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:00 pm

sstterry wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:46 pm
1. Apple and a Granola Bar?
2. A homemade breakfast burrito with eggs and bacon?
3. A Protein or meal shake (stay away from that Instant Breakfast stuff it is all sugar)
Good one and it satisfied the appetite for quite awhile.
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

Post Reply