Smoke House

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Smoke House

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:40 am

Thanks King I think I saw that book in Tractor supply I will go look if not probably get it.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:55 am

I started on my firebox I was burning and created a big fire in it with oak and charcoal .. I will use the barrel till I run across an old wood stove that's reasonable. Next comes the smoke house framing.

0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

LRAF
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby LRAF » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:51 pm

How would you smoke with a Cajun Microwave? I've never used one but looks interesting, but doesn't seem like it would "smoke" meat.
0 x
Quality before Quantity

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:08 am

Kingfisher wrote:I'm working on a "smoker" project too. I'm gathering material. I'm going to make one "Cajun microwave " style. I've got some printing press plate to line inside and I'm going to use some of that (I don't know it's trade name) 2" thick insulation board that has foil on one end to create a box that should hold heat. I'm not going big but should be able to cook or smoke w the box I'm making with some efficiency.

LRAF wrote:How would you smoke with a Cajun Microwave? I've never used one but looks interesting, but doesn't seem like it would "smoke" meat.

bumped up for LRAF
0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:38 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
Kingfisher wrote:I'm working on a "smoker" project too. I'm gathering material. I'm going to make one "Cajun microwave " style. I've got some printing press plate to line inside and I'm going to use some of that (I don't know it's trade name) 2" thick insulation board that has foil on one end to create a box that should hold heat. I'm not going big but should be able to cook or smoke w the box I'm making with some efficiency.

LRAF wrote:How would you smoke with a Cajun Microwave? I've never used one but looks interesting, but doesn't seem like it would "smoke" meat.

bumped up for LRAF

One's I've seen only bake the meat - no smoke.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

LRAF
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby LRAF » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:52 pm

Jogeephus wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:

bumped up for LRAF

One's I've seen only bake the meat - no smoke.

That's what I thought too. Didn't understand how it would smoke
0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:02 pm

I think one of the good things about them is they sort of steam the meat like what happens when you bury a pig only there is no shoveling involved. I imagine you could fill the chamber with pineapple and other fruit and it would infuse the meat with all these flavors like stuffed pigs wrapped in banana leaves and buried. That right there is pretty awesome pork.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:54 am

There's a new smoker in town. This one is at a local car lot.

0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:58 am

slick4591 wrote:There's a new smoker in town. This one is at a local car lot.

Very nice.. Gather up a few of your birds that you don't want and tell them you need to test drive before buying and post some pics.
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:18 am

Keeping the birds at the moment. I give him style points but that's about it.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:37 pm

slick4591 wrote:Keeping the birds at the moment. I give him style points but that's about it.

:lol:
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:57 am

Well I got it framed up so hot can only stand 15 mins a day .. I have a guy cutting my sides out of 1"x6" oak boards from my logs.

0 x

Kingfisher
GURU
GURU

Postby Kingfisher » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:30 pm

What's that red house sitting next to smoker Sky?
0 x
Green grass cures alot of ills.
The dream is free. The hustle is sold separate.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:28 pm

Kids old play house I'm getting ready to burn.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:01 pm

Finished all the smoker framing and internal items

Meat bench on angle to help the drainage better

2 sandwiched 2x4's are where the hams and bacon will hang from while smoking

0 x

Return to “Recipes and Cooking”