Smoke House

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
tater74
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Smoke House

Postby tater74 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:30 am

Update? Also, I'm waiting on samples of the 2nd batch.
0 x
Nobody gets something for nothing unless somebody got nothing for something

"the cows are where your at,the bull is the direction your going...." ALACOWMAN

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:40 pm

tater74 wrote:Update? Also, I'm waiting on samples of the 2nd batch.

:lol: the guy that is cutting my oak logs into boards hasn't got to it yet so it's at a stand still.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

tater74
Rancher
Rancher

Postby tater74 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:24 pm

Updates? Still waiting on samples. :)
0 x
Nobody gets something for nothing unless somebody got nothing for something

"the cows are where your at,the bull is the direction your going...." ALACOWMAN

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:26 pm

tater74 wrote:Updates? Still waiting on samples. :)

Picking lumber up this week but jo informed me I was going down the wrong path so doing a change cause we all know Jo knows his meats and smokers.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:38 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:

Picking lumber up this week but jo informed me I was going down the wrong path so doing a change cause we all know Jo knows his meats and smokers.

That had nothing to do with the smokehouse only had to do with your sinful heathen ways.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:04 pm

Jogeephus wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:

That had nothing to do with the smokehouse only had to do with your sinful heathen ways.

:lol2: :clap:
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:45 pm

Been meaning to post these pics ..Ok I got it to where its functional rethinking putting the oak board siding on it probably will use shed siding instead and save oak boards for corral or fencing. Here is a few pics its sealed pretty good I am letting the caulk cure a day so maybe tomorrow evening can start a fire and see how it goes heres some pics.

0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:18 am

Looks like you are almost there. When will you start killing pigs?
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:54 pm

Jogeephus wrote:Looks like you are almost there. When will you start killing pigs?

Yea I found that I put too much wood in and the temp went inside to 230 degrees... :oops: but closed the door on the barrel it calmed that down I found you cant put too much wood in it. I will start killing them 2nd week of Nov ill try to do 2 per day
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:31 pm

0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:33 pm

Well you christened it. With that many hogs you should have built it much larger. :lol2:
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:47 pm

Jogeephus wrote:Well you christened it. With that many hogs you should have built it much larger. :lol2:

Yes sir that wood turned colors pretty darn quick...I may put a damper in it too. Yea I figure only thing I will do is put maybe 8 hams in there and then use it to smoke hams and bacon few pigs feet ears . I gotta see if I can build a few racks in there to put fish or whatever on. I will have to see if I can find some old ovens somewhere and get those racks out and put them in there. I had several people ask for a ham once I smoke it and cure it... NO WAY... 8 country style hams might be a bit much for us though.
0 x

Return to “Recipes and Cooking”