TEXANS

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
CottageFarm
-

Re: TEXANS

Postby CottageFarm » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:57 pm

halfbean wrote:They're Italians, would you expect more?

Ummm....yeah, I would!
Just cause they picked a name that sounds Italian, dont mean they are or that they know chit about it.
0 x
Discontent is the want of self-reliance. Ralph Waldo Emerson
"He that lives upon CF's CFS alone, will die fasting" :lol2: Ouachita

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:17 pm

SJB wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:I like how they claim its uncured when it's illegal to sell if it's not cured.

not only that, if it's not cured, it's not salami

"Wiki: Salami is a type of cured sausage consisting of fermented and air-dried meat, typically beef or pork."

The whole label is nothing more than a unicorn fart. As you know you can mix a unicorn fart with with a heaping ladle full of ignorance and serve it to libtards, tree huggers and prairie fairies and it'll make them as giddy as a cat in a catnip patch.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:19 pm

Jogeephus wrote:
SJB wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:I like how they claim its uncured when it's illegal to sell if it's not cured.

not only that, if it's not cured, it's not salami

"Wiki: Salami is a type of cured sausage consisting of fermented and air-dried meat, typically beef or pork."

The whole label is nothing more than a unicorn fart. As you know you can mix a unicorn fart with with a heaping ladle full of ignorance and serve it to libtards, tree huggers and prairie fairies and it'll make them as giddy as a cat in a catnip patch.

:lol: :clap: Joe, that ole gal at the blood bank did get you riled up didn't she :lol:
0 x
"You don't have to be a genius to be successful. Just surround yourself with smart people. And LISTEN to them" C.M.

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:18 pm

JMJ, I'm just pulling my hair out watching Rome burn and these fools run around chasing butterflies.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

NECowboy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby NECowboy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:45 pm

Jogeephus wrote:JMJ, I'm just pulling my hair out watching Rome burn and these fools run around chasing butterflies.

Jo ur usually pretty calm go eat a nice meal! :lol2:
0 x
"So guess I'll stay right where I'm at, wear my boots and my cowboy hat...I gotta live my life and write my songs beneath these western skies" - Chris LeDoux, Western Skies

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:11 pm

NECowboy wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:JMJ, I'm just pulling my hair out watching Rome burn and these fools run around chasing butterflies.

You don't know Joe, he's not very opinionated either. :D
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

NECowboy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby NECowboy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:21 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
NECowboy wrote:

You don't know Joe, he's not very opinionated either. :D

Would love to come to one of y'alls fish fries and share opinions on the world would be a blast but I'm too dam far away. Apparently I don't know joe!
0 x
"So guess I'll stay right where I'm at, wear my boots and my cowboy hat...I gotta live my life and write my songs beneath these western skies" - Chris LeDoux, Western Skies

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:15 pm

Sometimes, Joe don't know Joe, but I imagine that blood lady came awful close to knowing the Joe that Joe don't know..if ya get my drift.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:20 pm

Guilty as charged. :lol2: :lol2:

I’ll admit I have little tolerance for stupidity especially when its cloaked In political correctness and its my belief this warped mentality will be the downfall of our nation.

Take this company, they are advertising a product as “uncured” from “free-range pork aka wild boar”. That sounds so hipster doesn’t it? “Uncured” seems to be one of the many buzz words these spoiled entitled elitists demand of their foods. The flaw with their fairy tale is it is illegal to sell products like this because without the curing its apt to kill you.

These toxicphobes fear nitrate which is a naturally occurring substance found in all plant life and its the backbone of the nitrogen cycle without which there would be no life on this planet. Yet they think its some unnatural man made poison. Heck, their organic lettuce smeared with Javier’s feces contains more nitrate than any processed meat they can buy.

So in one breadth they claim the meat is uncured but in the next they admit they are using nitrates from sea salt and celery powder. Truth in labelling is inconsequential when one's customers are incapable of connecting dots. But what gets my goat is the government’s complicity in this. Take for instance a regular meat processor – or even an honest artisan meat processor – the regulations require both to discard any cured meats that contain over 220 ppm yet tests have shown products claiming to be “nitrate free”, “no added nitrates” or “uncured” sometimes contain ten times this allowable limit.

So on one hand we are regulated to death but fear of offending a certain element of the population the rules are pushed aside because the nitrate used in this “green” process comes from processed celery or sea salt as if this is somehow more natural than nitrate dug from an ancient dried sea bed.

Its these same people who point their fingers at you and me and accuse us of filling our water tanks with LA200 and the complicity of the government in this only leads to more knee jerk regulations that will only make it harder on us in the future. All because of a fairy fart.

Thankfully, some folks like the Canadian gov’t use common sense and don’t allow this false advertising but sadly ours seems to be all to eager to promote it. In fact, I was at a meeting a few years ago and the gov’t guy was telling us how we could all make more money by embracing this and even instructed us how to do it legally. He correctly said, “you are only selling a feeling”.

Personally, this offends me as I believe a quality product will always sell and I don’t need the crutch of lies to sell quality. I think its sad that we have come to this point where the truth takes a back seat to people’s feelings. I think the country will be set on the right tract when more people stand up and remind these fools that our rights don't end where their feelings begin.

Rant over. Now I'll retreat to my safe place. Daughter is home from school and she is wanting some halal, free-range, gluten-free, carbon-neutral, sustainable pork spare ribs.
0 x

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:38 pm

I hear ya Joe. I'm in your corner.
0 x
"You don't have to be a genius to be successful. Just surround yourself with smart people. And LISTEN to them" C.M.

NECowboy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby NECowboy » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:19 pm

Jogeephus wrote:Guilty as charged. :lol2: :lol2:

I’ll admit I have little tolerance for stupidity especially when its cloaked In political correctness and its my belief this warped mentality will be the downfall of our nation.

Take this company, they are advertising a product as “uncured” from “free-range pork aka wild boar”. That sounds so hipster doesn’t it? “Uncured” seems to be one of the many buzz words these spoiled entitled elitists demand of their foods. The flaw with their fairy tale is it is illegal to sell products like this because without the curing its apt to kill you.

These toxicphobes fear nitrate which is a naturally occurring substance found in all plant life and its the backbone of the nitrogen cycle without which there would be no life on this planet. Yet they think its some unnatural man made poison. Heck, their organic lettuce smeared with Javier’s feces contains more nitrate than any processed meat they can buy.

So in one breadth they claim the meat is uncured but in the next they admit they are using nitrates from sea salt and celery powder. Truth in labelling is inconsequential when one's customers are incapable of connecting dots. But what gets my goat is the government’s complicity in this. Take for instance a regular meat processor – or even an honest artisan meat processor – the regulations require both to discard any cured meats that contain over 220 ppm yet tests have shown products claiming to be “nitrate free”, “no added nitrates” or “uncured” sometimes contain ten times this allowable limit.

So on one hand we are regulated to death but fear of offending a certain element of the population the rules are pushed aside because the nitrate used in this “green” process comes from processed celery or sea salt as if this is somehow more natural than nitrate dug from an ancient dried sea bed.

Its these same people who point their fingers at you and me and accuse us of filling our water tanks with LA200 and the complicity of the government in this only leads to more knee jerk regulations that will only make it harder on us in the future. All because of a fairy fart.

Thankfully, some folks like the Canadian gov’t use common sense and don’t allow this false advertising but sadly ours seems to be all to eager to promote it. In fact, I was at a meeting a few years ago and the gov’t guy was telling us how we could all make more money by embracing this and even instructed us how to do it legally. He correctly said, “you are only selling a feeling”.

Personally, this offends me as I believe a quality product will always sell and I don’t need the crutch of lies to sell quality. I think its sad that we have come to this point where the truth takes a back seat to people’s feelings. I think the country will be set on the right tract when more people stand up and remind these fools that our rights don't end where their feelings begin.

Rant over. Now I'll retreat to my safe place. Daughter is home from school and she is wanting some halal, free-range, gluten-free, carbon-neutral, sustainable pork spare ribs.

Hey I hope this doesn't getting to effecting us all as beef producers, refuse to play the hipster whole foods game that now even regular supermarkets (such as Kroger) seem to be in on.
0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:37 am

NECowboy wrote:Hey I hope this doesn't getting to effecting us all as beef producers, refuse to play the hipster whole foods game that now even regular supermarkets (such as Kroger) seem to be in on.

It will only effect you if you refuse to immasculate yourself and grow a man bun.

Actually, I think its already effected us than you realize. Take my little town for instance. Years ago we had three butcher shops where you could carry your animals and have them butchered. If you were short on cash the butcher would sell your meat on his shelf and you could carry home what you wanted. But along came someone who wrote a book saying how nasty and unsafe these butchers were and knee-jerk regulations were passed making this all but impossible to do anymore. These butchers were craftsmen - artists if you will. They were small businessmen, family men who supported their families from this trade. No more.

I GET why these hipster types and others want to know where their food comes from and would like nothing more than for us to return to the days where small butcher shops were in every town. But these hipster types are ignorant and blame farmers and ranchers for doing a bad job when nothing could be further from the truth. Their ignorance of what we do and their dissatisfaction with our current system will inevitably lead to more regulation and it is this - the regulation - which is the root of the problem and deprives them of the very thing they are wanting - locally sourced foods.

Just imagine the jobs and money that would be created if we could process and sell our products locally rather than shipping the animals across the country to some huge factory where an illegal alien is taught to make one cut on a carcass on the assembly line. (I recently even read in a meat industry journal where they are pushing for the admission of Syrian refugees to fill the jobs in these plants.) Just think of the fuel savings - oh and lets not forget the small carbon footprint this would have. :lol2:

More recently we almost had more regulation forced on us after the mad cow scare with their attempt to force us to id and document every calf born. They tried to scare us by saying we could not export our cattle if we didn't agree to do this and some cattlemen on this board were even in favor of this and the UK was cited as an example of how well the system works saying the UK could trace the source of the meat back to the producer within 24 hours. Fast forward to 2013 and you see this was BS because no one had a clue where the tons of horse meat came from in their burger.

They claim its all about food safety when common sense will clearly tell you it has nothing to do with this but with control because you and I both know if we had a local shop that did a bad job we wouldn't buy from them and they would be out of business. This is just common sense and how capitalism works. But brace yourself, there is more of this BS sure to come.
0 x

Commercialfarmer
GURU
GURU

Postby Commercialfarmer » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:03 am

Joe,
now that I'm thinking about it, you never did tell us how you identify...

:hide:
0 x
X

Return to “Recipes and Cooking”