Quick Meals (Hearty and Satisfying)

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
Cross-7
GURU
GURU

Re: Quick Meals (Hearty and Satisfying)

Postby Cross-7 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:10 pm

0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:29 pm

NECowboy wrote:
Cross-7 wrote:Can't go wrong with a good cut of meat sliced against the grain like fajita strips
Cut chicken breast the same way.
Cut up some peppers of your choice ( I like red and yellow bell peppers, banana peppers, green chilies ) cut up an onion, a little salsa.
Wrap in foil pack avid throw on grill till nearly done.
Open up pack and pour all in big wok and cook till most of the liquid is cooked off
Most not all or it'll be dry
Serve with tortillas, salsa and guacamole

Hate peppers, squash (unless it's cooked and mashed up with ritz crackers, butter, egg, and cheese aka squash casserole), zucchini, lot of stuff. Can't say I've ever been a veggie fan that's probably what I'm supposed to eat though. More of a meat n taters kind of guy.

Me too, till they split my chest apart like a wishbone at Thanksgiving and started replacing arteries with a vein they jerked out of my leg...........
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

NECowboy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby NECowboy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:06 am

greybeard wrote:
NECowboy wrote:
Cross-7 wrote:Can't go wrong with a good cut of meat sliced against the grain like fajita strips
Cut chicken breast the same way.
Cut up some peppers of your choice ( I like red and yellow bell peppers, banana peppers, green chilies ) cut up an onion, a little salsa.
Wrap in foil pack avid throw on grill till nearly done.
Open up pack and pour all in big wok and cook till most of the liquid is cooked off
Most not all or it'll be dry
Serve with tortillas, salsa and guacamole

Hate peppers, squash (unless it's cooked and mashed up with ritz crackers, butter, egg, and cheese aka squash casserole), zucchini, lot of stuff. Can't say I've ever been a veggie fan that's probably what I'm supposed to eat though. More of a meat n taters kind of guy.

Me too, till they split my chest apart like a wishbone at Thanksgiving and started replacing arteries with a vein they jerked out of my leg...........

So would you start eating more veggies if you were me I'm a young buck yet but heart issues catch up with ya?
0 x
"So guess I'll stay right where I'm at, wear my boots and my cowboy hat...I gotta live my life and write my songs beneath these western skies" - Chris LeDoux, Western Skies

Return to “Recipes and Cooking”