Need help from a chef or wannabe like me, pepper grinder

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
Alan
GURU
GURU

Need help from a chef or wannabe like me, pepper grinder

Postby Alan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:08 am

I'm ready to toss my third pepper grinder, they work great for a few weeks and then I hardly get anything from them. I love the taste of fresh ground pepper but seems sooner or later I have to reach for the pepper shaker. As I said, the pepper grinder works great for a few weeks and then I can hardly get any pepper from it. I have tried cleaning them and dismantling them as much as I can and clean them, but I'm ready to toss my third one. Any help on a good one that doesn't break the bank or any tips that I'm missing on cleaning or adjusting them. Is there a good affordable one out there?
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

Aaron
GURU
GURU

Re: Need help from a chef or wannabe like me, pepper grinder

Postby Aaron » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:35 am

Only tip I have is to keep them nearly full to grind best. Other than that, are you sure you aren't using it upside down? :P
0 x
Nothin' prettier than a red Ford truck, a Massey Ferguson tractor and a red-n-white Hereford sittin' on the farm.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:34 am

buy the peppercorns with the grinder made onto jar. Quit trying to be high faluten .
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:44 am

Aaron wrote:Only tip I have is to keep them nearly full to grind best. Other than that, are you sure you aren't using it upside down? :P

Thanks I didn't think about filling it up all the way it makes sense. I did draw an arrow on the grinder to show me up, but now I thinking the arrow may be upside down. :lol:
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:45 am

M-5 wrote:buy the peppercorns with the grinder made onto jar. Quit trying to be high faluten .

Anything to help me be a better crook!

Ahh, I mean cook....really that's what I meant...really
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:38 pm

simple cheap solutions - peppercorns in a kitchen towel meat tenderizer mallet wrap the peppercorns up give them a good whack ... Good as grinding the pepper... or put them in a coffee grinder... coming straight from the kitchen of chef boy are me
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:16 pm

skyhightree1 wrote: coming straight from the kitchen of chef boy are me

:lol: :lol: :lol: thanks I think I have it figured out, from the kitchen of chef boy are me ....wannabe!
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:54 pm

I've had a battery operated Peugeot that has lasted for years. Only the battery has let me down.

http://www.chefsresource.com/peugeot.ht ... _campaign=
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Return to “Recipes and Cooking”