Page 1 of 2

Burgas Recipe

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:03 am
by Jogeephus
With much regret I won't be able to make it to Kentucky this weekend to watch Patch make history but was wondering if anyone had a good recipe for burgas. If not, I'll just stick with the mint juleps and catch what I can on the television.

Re: Burgas Recipe

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:41 pm
by HDRider
OK Jo, what the heck is it? I couldn't even get Google to tell me.

Re: Burgas Recipe

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 4:02 pm
by TennesseeTuxedo
Burgoo stew perhaps?

Re: Burgas Recipe

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:31 pm
by Jogeephus
HDRider wrote:OK Jo, what the heck is it? I couldn't even get Google to tell me.


My bad, I can't spell.

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:Burgoo stew perhaps?


That's it. My aunt always makes it but I never have.

Re: Burgas Recipe

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:36 pm
by TennesseeTuxedo
Jogeephus wrote:
HDRider wrote:OK Jo, what the heck is it? I couldn't even get Google to tell me.


My bad, I can't spell.

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:Burgoo stew perhaps?


That's it. My aunt always makes it but I never have.


Lots of recipes online Jo.

Re: Burgas Recipe

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:59 pm
by Jogeephus
Yeah but I was hoping some of you Kentucky folks would chime in with some secret authentic recipe.

Re: Burgas Recipe

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:32 pm
by Bright Raven
Joe,

I am cooking something very similar to Burgoo right now in the crook pot. It is easy to make. I like to put succatash (canned) in it.

Caproni's On The River has great succatash.

Re: Burgas Recipe

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:35 pm
by TennesseeTuxedo
Jogeephus wrote:Yeah but I was hoping some of you Kentucky folks would chime in with some secret authentic recipe.


I won't eat the stuff so I can't help.

Re: Burgas Recipe

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:28 pm
by Jogeephus
Well I guess I'll fall back to plan B and open a can of Dinty Moore Stew and after a few drinks I probably won't care but somehow I just don't think it will be the same.

Re: Burgas Recipe

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:47 pm
by Craig Miller
Never heard of it but it looks a lot like Brunswick stew. It Looks good

Re: Burgas Recipe

Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:46 am
by wacocowboy
You can't get the recipe from your Aunt or another family member? I got to work but hopefully I will get home in time for the race. If not got the DVR set.

Re: Burgas Recipe

Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:32 am
by Farm Fence Solutions
First thing you need is a dead lamb......or the phone number for Moonlite BBQ in Owensboro.

Re: Burgas Recipe

Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:40 am
by Bright Raven
Farm Fence Solutions wrote:First thing you need is a dead lamb......or the phone number for Moonlite BBQ in Owensboro.


That town is obsessed with BBQ.

Re: Burgas Recipe

Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:32 pm
by Farm Fence Solutions
My girls with American Pharoah a couple weeks before he completed the triple crown. They were both more excited about that than any of the famous people they've met, and I can't say I blame em!
Image

Re: Burgas Recipe

Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:35 pm
by Bright Raven
Farm Fence Solutions wrote:My girls with American Pharoah a couple weeks before he completed the triple crown. They were both more excited about that than any of the famous people they've met, and I can't say I blame em!
Image


Good picture. I need to start getting my Derby face on. It is my favorite sporting event to watch.