Page 2 of 2

Re: Salsa

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:24 pm
by Son of Butch
Some people are jerks. :)
I once went to an Indian restaurant with a friendly acquaintance from India.
We both ordered the same dish 2 star hot for me, 5 star for him and he requested hotter if possible.
When I wasn't looking he switched plates, one bite and the entire meal was ruined for me, one bite was all I ate.
He laughed his butt off... yea, yeah, very funny, now you can pay the bill for both meals, I'm done.
Sweet cherry peppers, ground on a sandwich is more my speed.

Re: Salsa

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:50 pm
by saltbranch
Son of Butch wrote:Some people are jerks. :)
I once went to an Indian restaurant with a friendly acquaintance from India.
We both ordered the same dish 2 star hot for me, 5 star for him and he requested hotter if possible.
When I wasn't looking he switched plates, one bite and the entire meal was ruined for me, one bite was all I ate.
He laughed his butt off... yea, yeah, very funny, now you can pay the bill for both meals, I'm done.
Sweet cherry peppers, ground on a sandwich is more my speed.

Them Indians dont play around with heat. I a still experimenting with that and learning. Our local restaurants go to heat#5, which a prefer. A local C store owner swears she wil teach me recipes. Time will tell

Re: Salsa

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:50 pm
by TexasBred
saltbranch wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
saltbranch wrote:In pot put 20 or so Serranos, an onion, 4-6 cloves garlic. Boil for a few minutes untill peppers are soft, then drain water. Pour into mixer. Mix on high, mean while get a pot of vege oil or the oil you prefer, just need enough to cover bottom of pot. Get the oil hot, then pour in the purr-aid pepper's and let the mix fry a few minutes. Then add salt and pepper to taste. You can add habeneros and ghost peppers to make it spicier


Spicier is NOT the right word saltbranch. :lol2: :lol2:


A quick story for humor. I made some hot sauce to take to work, using recipe above. I added 4 Carolina Reapers into the mix and this stuff would peel paint. After pranking different guys at work, we had this salesman come in. He was a normal vendor from Louisiana and a cool guy. I need to add the taco lady just came and I had bought 2 breakfast tacos. Anyways he and another salesman were talking salsa(set up) and he proceeded to talk about Texas hot and Louisiana hot......how Louisiana hot was hotter. So I brought out my special hot sauce and spooned several spoons on one of my tacos. I suggested he try it and one of the guys had some crackers to use, he was game. I put about a quarter size dab on the cracker and he ate it whole. The Carolina Reapers have creeping heat if you never had them.....so at first he was like good flavor, not bad spice. A minute or so later, he was saying its getting hot :tiphat: then I dumped my taco in the trash. the look on his face was priceless, before it was over with he had eaten butter, sugar, water, salt just to try and kill the heat, literally has tears and spitting drool in the trashcan. He was a bit be nice so I took the same size dab on a cracker and took it for the team :banana: ,Texas heat got him that day :cboy: and he has refused my hot sauce since!


Here you go Salty.http://thebigfly.tripod.com/sonofabitch.htm

Re: Salsa

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:24 pm
by Craig Miller
Son of Butch wrote:Some people are jerks. :)
I once went to an Indian restaurant with a friendly acquaintance from India.
We both ordered the same dish 2 star hot for me, 5 star for him and he requested hotter if possible.
When I wasn't looking he switched plates, one bite and the entire meal was ruined for me, one bite was all I ate.
He laughed his butt off... yea, yeah, very funny, now you can pay the bill for both meals, I'm done.
Sweet cherry peppers, ground on a sandwich is more my speed.


Jalapeno is as hot of a pepper as I'll eat. It prefer it cooked to just get the flavor and not the heat. I do eat hot stuff but my limit to really enjoy it is about that of Tapatio or Texas Pete. I really like cholula. Hot sauce flaver without the heat.

Re: Salsa

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:48 pm
by saltbranch
TexasBred wrote:
saltbranch wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Spicier is NOT the right word saltbranch. :lol2: :lol2:


A quick story for humor. I made some hot sauce to take to work, using recipe above. I added 4 Carolina Reapers into the mix and this stuff would peel paint. After pranking different guys at work, we had this salesman come in. He was a normal vendor from Louisiana and a cool guy. I need to add the taco lady just came and I had bought 2 breakfast tacos. Anyways he and another salesman were talking salsa(set up) and he proceeded to talk about Texas hot and Louisiana hot......how Louisiana hot was hotter. So I brought out my special hot sauce and spooned several spoons on one of my tacos. I suggested he try it and one of the guys had some crackers to use, he was game. I put about a quarter size dab on the cracker and he ate it whole. The Carolina Reapers have creeping heat if you never had them.....so at first he was like good flavor, not bad spice. A minute or so later, he was saying its getting hot :tiphat: then I dumped my taco in the trash. the look on his face was priceless, before it was over with he had eaten butter, sugar, water, salt just to try and kill the heat, literally has tears and spitting drool in the trashcan. He was a bit be nice so I took the same size dab on a cracker and took it for the team :banana: ,Texas heat got him that day :cboy: and he has refused my hot sauce since!


Here you go Salty.http://thebigfly.tripod.com/sonofabitch.htm



LOL...thats perfect! I have warn that hat several times at the shop I work. Not many folks I run with can take the heat like I can.The older I get, the hotter I like it.

Re: Salsa

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:22 pm
by Jogeephus
saltbranch wrote:Not many folks I run with can take the heat like I can.The older I get, the hotter I like it.


I believe you'd find this to hot for your liking. 100% capsicum extracted from the Carolina Reaper. This isn't for food but will be used for cancer research and I have no clue how many Scoville units this would be but I think it would be brutal if you got just a tiny speck on your tongue.

Image

Re: Salsa

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:25 pm
by M-5
saltbranch wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
saltbranch wrote:
A quick story for humor. I made some hot sauce to take to work, using recipe above. I added 4 Carolina Reapers into the mix and this stuff would peel paint. After pranking different guys at work, we had this salesman come in. He was a normal vendor from Louisiana and a cool guy. I need to add the taco lady just came and I had bought 2 breakfast tacos. Anyways he and another salesman were talking salsa(set up) and he proceeded to talk about Texas hot and Louisiana hot......how Louisiana hot was hotter. So I brought out my special hot sauce and spooned several spoons on one of my tacos. I suggested he try it and one of the guys had some crackers to use, he was game. I put about a quarter size dab on the cracker and he ate it whole. The Carolina Reapers have creeping heat if you never had them.....so at first he was like good flavor, not bad spice. A minute or so later, he was saying its getting hot :tiphat: then I dumped my taco in the trash. the look on his face was priceless, before it was over with he had eaten butter, sugar, water, salt just to try and kill the heat, literally has tears and spitting drool in the trashcan. He was a bit be nice so I took the same size dab on a cracker and took it for the team :banana: ,Texas heat got him that day :cboy: and he has refused my hot sauce since!


Here you go Salty.http://thebigfly.tripod.com/sonofabitch.htm



LOL...thats perfect! I have warn that hat several times at the shop I work. Not many folks I run with can take the heat like I can.The older I get, the hotter I like it.


tell your wife that and it might save your marriage