Sonic - blended hamburger

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Re: Sonic - blended hamburger

Postby Son of Butch » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:37 pm

I do like the flavor combination of beef and mushrooms.
I've liked the burgers with mushrooms and cheese that I have tried before, but not sure I'd like them as much with
the mushrooms ground and blended in as I do when they're a topping.

j_20
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby j_20 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:47 pm

Yes mushrooms are fine with some melted cheddar or swiss atop my burger but I dont want them blended in.

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:05 pm

Don't know, I've never tried it. Only cheddar or swiss? I like both especially swiss, but blue cheese too!

I've never eaten at Sonic, so doubt I'll get the chance to try their blended burger without going well out of my way.
When someone mentioned their Chicago dog as a favorite I wanted to try that too.

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:38 pm

greybeard wrote:I don't go to Sonic any more. They 1st stopped offering banana splits, and more recently, decided it was just too much trouble to put a tablespoon or 2 of powdered malt extract in their milk shakes and took malts off the menu.
Their burgers weren't all that great to begin with either..

I would only stop for their cherry limeade. I hope they havent changed that.
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are. -Anais Nin
Happy people build their inner world; unhappy people blame their outer world. -Dalai Lama

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:35 am

i just read your average hamburger you buy at fast food / grocery has 100+ head mixed together.

j_20
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby j_20 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:55 am

ddd75 that is no different than a tube package of ground beef bought at the grocery store. As long as we the producers do our job on our end and the packer does their job correctly I see 100 people that got paid thanks to that with no problems. Do you think a box of chicken nuggets come from one chicken?

ez14.
GURU
GURU

Postby ez14. » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:16 am

Son of Butch wrote:Don't know, I've never tried it. Only cheddar or swiss? I like both especially swiss, but blue cheese too!

I've never eaten at Sonic, so doubt I'll get the chance to try their blended burger without going well out of my way.
When someone mentioned their Chicago dog as a favorite I wanted to try that too.
the first time I ate at sonic was when we went to the Graham school for cattlemen and sonic was right on our way from the hotel to the school so we ate there for breakfast and dinner almost every day that week! I've never had so much fast food before

D2Cat
Rancher
Rancher

Postby D2Cat » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:24 am

Those two jackazz's that do the TV ads for Sonic make me want to eat somewhere else!

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:39 am

j_20 wrote:ddd75 that is no different than a tube package of ground beef bought at the grocery store. As long as we the producers do our job on our end and the packer does their job correctly I see 100 people that got paid thanks to that with no problems. Do you think a box of chicken nuggets come from one chicken?

i don't see a problem with it either and I figured it'd be around 20 / cows a burger but i wasn't thinking 100. I found it interesting is all.

My burgers are made up of 1 cow and I don't eat nuggets or fast food, so I have NO problem with it. :mrgreen:

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:18 am

Only reason I go to sonic is the drinks especially during happy hour or some cheese sticks. Local burger joints are better.
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:26 am

Sonic chili cheese dog is real good.
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:05 pm

ga.prime wrote:Sonic chili cheese dog is real good.

I always thought so as well, but the last 2 times I tried one, each was so salty I couldn't finish either.
I'm not sure what they changed..or whether it was in the wiener or in the chili
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:30 pm

greybeard wrote:

I always thought so as well, but the last 2 times I tried one, each was so salty I couldn't finish either.

May be, I haven't had one in a good while. Another place that used to have really good chili cheese dogs was Checkers. I don't know the range of Checkers franchises, if they're in other states or not, they're scattered around in Georgia and I haven't been to one in several years. Checkers also had milkshakes as good as any I've ever had anywhere.

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:30 pm

ga.prime wrote:
greybeard wrote:

May be too salty now, I haven't had one in a good while. Another place that used to have really good chili cheese dogs was Checkers. I don't know the range of Checkers franchises, if they're in other states or not, they're scattered around in Georgia and I haven't been to one in several years. Checkers also had milkshakes as good as any I've ever had anywhere.

shaz
GURU
GURU

Postby shaz » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:15 pm

Their jalapeno poppers make my mouth water.
"The Pope? How many divisions does he have?" Joseph Stalin