Outdoor Kitchen

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
okiek
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Outdoor Kitchen

Postby okiek » Tue May 29, 2018 12:56 pm

Even in Farmersville, a fireplace on the porch is a must have for me so I can enjoy that many more days on the back porch! A nice pond dug close enough for passing shots at duck would be a HUGE bonus!!
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Tue May 29, 2018 1:41 pm

okiek wrote:Even in Farmersville, a fireplace on the porch is a must have for me so I can enjoy that many more days on the back porch! A nice pond dug close enough for passing shots at duck would be a HUGE bonus!!

Unfortunately, the only place for a duck pond here is out of shotgun range. The fire pit will be about 15 feet away from the patio with a nice little walkway to it. At least that's the plan.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Tue May 29, 2018 2:26 pm

Neat thread, can't wait to see the finished product.
1 x

millstreaminn
Rancher
Rancher

Postby millstreaminn » Wed May 30, 2018 8:28 am

slick4591 wrote:You might wait long enough for me to finish so I can tell you what not to do. lol We decided last night to include an island and move the sink to it. Just found what we want and bought it.

If you look back on this thread I asked about Polygal. We are going with it in a smoke tint as the roof. Supposedly it's pretty tough stuff.

I see now. I have a greenhouse made out of it. Yes, it is VERY tough stuff. $$$, but tough. You will like it.
0 x
“Become friends with people who aren't your age. Hang out with people whose first language isn't the same as yours. Get to know someone who doesn't come from your social class. This is how you grow.

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:26 am

millstreaminn wrote:I see now. I have a greenhouse made out of it. Yes, it is VERY tough stuff. $$$, but tough. You will like it.

I sure hope it's worth the money. It has been highly recommended by several contractors.
0 x

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Thu May 31, 2018 4:11 am

Very interested to see the progress Slick! Got a good start!
1 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are. -Anais Nin
Happy people build their inner world; unhappy people blame their outer world. -Dalai Lama

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu May 31, 2018 7:24 pm

okiek wrote:Even in Farmersville, a fireplace on the porch is a must have for me so I can enjoy that many more days on the back porch! A nice pond dug close enough for passing shots at duck would be a HUGE bonus!!

SKEETERS!!!

and snakes
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Thu May 31, 2018 9:40 pm

Yup. Have to figure something out.
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:49 pm

greybeard wrote:SKEETERS!!!

and snakes

Probably can't do much about snakes but a 6' ceiling fan came in today which should keep the skeeters spread out. Fire pit is here along with all the stainless cabinet doors, shelves and drawers. The Santa Maria grill should be delivered tomorrow. This means I can relax a bit because I was worried they wouldn't be here until after the counter build. This way the stone mason can make sure they are a good fit. The only major thing left in the way of appliances is fabrication of the smoker doors which might be finished the end of next week, but that's still ahead of schedule.

A little more progress going on today. It has rained the last couple of mornings running the plumber/electrician/gas guy off. He returned this morning to work. First off... the guy speaks English, but it's not great. There is a water line that runs from the house to the old barn (torn down) that I've wanted killed for a long time, just never knew for sure where it originated. It was uncovered Saturday and when I saw the portion of line running up and under the house was still in good shape I wanted to use that to feed the kitchen and that would kill the other part running to the old barn.

For some reason the guy wanted to tap into that line about 30 feet from where I wanted him to and leave a lot of live old rusty pipe under the patio. We went over all that Monday morning and I knew he didn't understand it. This morning I was finally able to convince him and it's now getting done correctly. If this guy gets the water, gas and electricity stubbed in we are still on schedule for concrete Saturday morning.

0 x

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:18 pm

I can't wait to see that thing finished, I love stuff like this.
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:39 pm

jehosofat wrote:I can't wait to see that thing finished, I love stuff like this.

I can now see why the first guy bid the thing so high. Sometimes it's a big headache.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:01 pm

Just curious..........Did you have to get a county building permit for this project and get the plumbing/electric inspected?
I don't have to here, but some counties are more strict about that part.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

Covet Not!

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:34 pm

greybeard wrote:Just curious..........Did you have to get a county building permit for this project and get the plumbing/electric inspected?

We have no permitting here either, except for sewer. You have to pull a permit for sewer, and guess who does that? Alabama Railroad Commission. Splain that to me.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:38 pm

jehosofat wrote:
greybeard wrote:Just curious..........Did you have to get a county building permit for this project and get the plumbing/electric inspected?

We have no permitting here either, except for sewer. You have to pull a permit for sewer, and guess who does that? Alabama Railroad Commission. Splain that to me.

This might explain it:
http://www.psc.state.al.us/News/ComHist.html
0 x
Make America Happy Again

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:42 pm

jehosofat wrote:

One of the most powerful agencies in Texas is the RRC..Railroad Commission of Texas.
They handle the Oil & Gas sector....

The Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC; also sometimes called the Texas Railroad Commission, TRC) is the state agency that regulates the oil and gas industry, gas utilities, pipeline safety, safety in the liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) industry, and surface coal and uranium mining. Despite its name, it no longer regulates railroads..
0 x

Covet Not!

Return to “Recipes and Cooking”