not a very talented cook...

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
DavisBeefmasters
Rancher
Rancher

Re: not a very talented cook...

Postby DavisBeefmasters » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:53 pm

Easy Lasagna & a bag salad

1# ground beef
1# italian sausage
lasagna noodles
colby/monterey jack cheese (a Tillamook small loaf)
2 - 3 jars spaghetti sauce
1 can mushrooms (drained)
1 can sliced black olives (drained)

0. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Brown the ground beef and the sausage
2. Drain the grease from the pan
3. Add spag. sauce & mushrooms (& a little garlic powder if you have some)
4. Let the sauce simmer about 20 minutes (while you complete #5)

5. Use a cheese slicer to cut squares of cheese about 1/8 to 1/4 thick

6. Take a little of the sauce and put it in the bottom of an 11 x 13 pan
7. Lay lasagna noodles across the pan (no need to pre-cook them put them in the pan hard)
8. More sauce on top
9. Lay cheese squares 1 layer across the pan
10. Repeat steps 7 - 9 until you reach the top of the pan

11. For the top layer sprinkle the drained black olives across the top

12. Cover in aluminum foil and into the oven for about 45 minutes
13. Remove aluminum foil
14. Bake additional 15 minutes to brown the top a little

15. Serve with parmesan cheese and a bag salad

Voila! Dinner!
0 x

mnmtranching
GURU
GURU

Postby mnmtranching » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:17 pm

Desert will be a bonus so make something really good for him ,like a rich chocolate cake with pudding

Thanks! :shock: now I got to get me some of this :D
0 x
Its the cost of production and the value of your marketable product, or if you having fun. That's it, everything else is BS.

Angus Cowman
GURU
GURU

Postby Angus Cowman » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:24 am

Tori
He is 17 with such a beautiful young lady as yourself in the room he will not notice what you feed and and probably won't care so grill him a hamburger and he will think it is filet mignon just because you made it
He will be all goo goo eyed just thinking someone as beautiful as you is giving him the priviledge of being your boyfriend

the thing to remember about guys they will eat anything and they only have one thing on their minds so don't stress over what to feed him
0 x
If they had to actually work with a Spade and Hoe versus electing them we would all be better off (Caustic Burno 2011)

grand chaser09
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby grand chaser09 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:32 am

texas... i can't meet him at the door in something form victorias secret. mom will be home when he gets there.

and angus, thank you for the complement. i think i might make burgers or steak. idk. i'll figure it out. i got a bit before he's here.

thanks for all the ideas everyone!

and that chocolate cake sounds really good right now on my day off from school :D
0 x
Tori

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

I luv herfrds
GURU
GURU

Postby I luv herfrds » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:07 pm

Tori,
Sounds like you will do alright. As long as you can read and understand a recipe you should be fine.

Here's a story for you. My oldest sister decided to make dinner to impress her boyfriend at the time. She was going to bar-be-que some chicken. Recipe called for cooking the chicken in the microwave first then grilling on bar-be-que. She didn't read the recipe fully. It called for thawed chicken. :shock:
Needless to say the chicken was pretty raw.
I still haven't figured out how she messed up the banana cream pie. It never did set up, it was instant pudding. :lol2:
0 x
No Skin Off My Nose.
Never eat meals with EMS, firefighters or Ranchers.
Red and White's Are Pure Delight.

"Sign of a good heart Chris." Northern Rancher

hillsdown
GURU
GURU

Postby hillsdown » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:24 pm

ILH your pudding reference reminds me of when I was a kid and my parents would go away for the weekend and leave us girls alone. Well my sister being older was to make the meals and all she liked to eat at the time was lemon pudding ( i am sure that is also all she new how to make as well) so that is what she made ALL the time.. To this day I cannot eat lemon pudding or lemon meringue pie... :help:

Mom and Dad should have kicked her butt, how irresponsible. She still can't cook to this day.. :lol2:

Good luck with dinner Grand chaser and let us know how it went.. :wave:
0 x
HD

{No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having the love of a dog makes you rich.
Louis Sabin}

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:54 am

hillsdown wrote:What about lasagna Tori it is easy to make and your mom can help you prepare everything ahead of time. Then pop it in the oven and hour or so before your boyfriend arrives and he will be none the wiser that you did not make it all yourself.

You can have sparkling cider instead of wine, or your favorite non alcohol beverage.

Desert will be a bonus so make something really good for him ,like a rich chocolate cake with pudding and whipped cream icing or even a cheese cake. Your mom can help you with that as well.. ;-)

Whatever you decide I'm sure you two will have a nice evening .. :)

That's a good idea. At 17, I doubt he would really appreciate a good steak. Lasagna is a good choice. Or even spagetti and meatballs. Couple of very good recipes for meatballs on the board. Heck, if he eats some of the meatballs posted on the board he might go home and slap his ma for feeding him that nasty stuff out of the can.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

grand chaser09
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby grand chaser09 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:58 am

Jo: he has a fondness for his steak. as do i lol.

i think we're gonna go out lol. if not... i'm thinkin some of moms shepards pie mmmmm yumm. and then hmmm... idk what to do for desert!
0 x
Tori

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:25 am

grand chaser09 wrote:Jo: he has a fondness for his steak. as do i lol.

i think we're gonna go out lol. if not... i'm thinkin some of moms shepards pie mmmmm yumm. and then hmmm... idk what to do for desert!

I got this hunch that you could serve him saltine crackers and sardines and he would be happy as a lark as long as he was sharing the meal with you. :tiphat:
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Return to “Recipes and Cooking”