What are you eating today?

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28029
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: What are you eating today?

Postby TexasBred » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:54 pm

houstoncutter wrote:Fried bushytails, mashed garlic potatoes and fresh peas!

Dangit I haven't had a good mess of squirrel in years. My wife won't even help clean one let alone cook it.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

User avatar
alisonb
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4296
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:37 am
Location: South Africa

Re: What are you eating today?

Postby alisonb » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:10 pm

Breakfast al fresco :D - Image
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

User avatar
hillsdown
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9928
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:25 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: What are you eating today?

Postby hillsdown » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:29 pm

It is our Thanksgiving Weekend in Canada so I have foregone the traditional turkey and pumpkin pie, for BBQ beef brisket and cheese cake for our festive dinner today .
0 x
HD

{No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having the love of a dog makes you rich.
Louis Sabin}

hooknline

Re: What are you eating today?

Postby hooknline » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:34 pm

Happy thanksgiving HD.
Dinner tonight is bacon wrapped dove breast and leftover pulled pork sandwiches
0 x

bigbull338
Beefmaster Breeder
Beefmaster Breeder
Posts: 16551
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:34 pm
Location: texas

Re: What are you eating today?

Postby bigbull338 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:55 pm

hillsdown wrote:It is our Thanksgiving Weekend in Canada so I have foregone the traditional turkey and pumpkin pie, for BBQ beef brisket and cheese cake for our festive dinner today .

now thats some good eating.enjoy being with family.
0 x

User avatar
CottageFarm
-
Posts: 1900
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:44 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: What are you eating today?

Postby CottageFarm » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:08 pm

alisonb wrote:Breakfast al fresco :D - Image


Boy, that OJ sure looks like a yummy Breakfast. The rest looks more like dinner for me! Never could eat in the Morning :D

Happy Thanksgiving HD!!

We had our semi-annual lunch out today. Japanese. Cali Rolls, spring rolls, and Teriaki Beef & Chicken.
I think I'll make BLT's with a butternut squash soup with sausage & chard for dinner
0 x
Discontent is the want of self-reliance. Ralph Waldo Emerson
"He that lives upon CF's CFS alone, will die fasting" :lol2: Ouachita

User avatar
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 23310
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: What are you eating today?

Postby Jogeephus » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:44 am

Allison that does look good. Onions and mushrooms are one of my favorites to compliment a dish.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

User avatar
alisonb
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4296
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:37 am
Location: South Africa

Re: What are you eating today?

Postby alisonb » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:11 pm

CottageFarm wrote:Boy, that OJ sure looks like a yummy Breakfast. The rest looks more like dinner for me! Never could eat in the Morning :D

When I still smoked I very seldom had breakfast, to this day I can't eat too early - usually when the crew take their breakfast around 9am I have something substantial. Could it be that you breakfast on OJ and a couple of nicotine sticks? :P

HD - Hope you had a super Thanksgiving.

Jo - cutting the tomato quite coursely and adding it to the mushroom + onion mix can also do the thing but I must agree with you :D
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

User avatar
CottageFarm
-
Posts: 1900
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:44 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: What are you eating today?

Postby CottageFarm » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:23 pm

alisonb wrote:
CottageFarm wrote:Boy, that OJ sure looks like a yummy Breakfast. The rest looks more like dinner for me! Never could eat in the Morning :D

When I still smoked I very seldom had breakfast, to this day I can't eat too early - usually when the crew take their breakfast around 9am I have something substantial. Could it be that you breakfast on OJ and a couple of nicotine sticks? :P
HD - Hope you had a super Thanksgiving.

Jo - cutting the tomato quite coursely and adding it to the mushroom + onion mix can also do the thing but I must agree with you :D


Guity as charged :oops: Although, truthfully I generally skip the OJ til noon, too and just have coffee or tea :lol2:
0 x
Discontent is the want of self-reliance. Ralph Waldo Emerson
"He that lives upon CF's CFS alone, will die fasting" :lol2: Ouachita

User avatar
alisonb
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4296
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:37 am
Location: South Africa

Re: What are you eating today?

Postby alisonb » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:46 pm

CottageFarm wrote:Guity as charged :oops: Although, truthfully I generally skip the OJ til noon, too and just have coffee or tea :lol2:

:lol:

Supper (I dished up too much :oops: ) - Image
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

User avatar
hillsdown
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9928
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:25 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: What are you eating today?

Postby hillsdown » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:48 pm

alisonb wrote:
CottageFarm wrote:Guity as charged :oops: Although, truthfully I generally skip the OJ til noon, too and just have coffee or tea :lol2:

:lol:

Supper (I dished up too much :oops: ) - Image


You can never dish out too much pasta ! Looks yumtabulous Alison :D

We had a very nice TG dinner, thank you for asking. :tiphat:
Had left over brisket so made some beef pot pies today ,will be great for a quick dinner when things start getting completely chaotic around here .
0 x
HD

{No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having the love of a dog makes you rich.
Louis Sabin}

User avatar
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 23310
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: What are you eating today?

Postby Jogeephus » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:46 pm

That looks very good. I'm hungry.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 14131
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: What are you eating today?

Postby greybeard » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:09 pm

Leftover BBQ chicken, baked beans, and tater salad.
(beans 2 nights in a row means I'll be sleepin on the couch or porch--last time I did that, the bullfrogs came up from the pond to see who the new competition was)


Tomorrow? Who knows. Headed out to Houston--Brenham, then Fredericksburg for the whole weekend. Okctoberfest.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

cross_7
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3855
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:45 pm
Location: NE Oklahoma

Re: What are you eating today?

Postby cross_7 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:34 pm

greybeard wrote:Leftover BBQ chicken, baked beans, and tater salad.
(beans 2 nights in a row means I'll be sleepin on the couch or porch--last time I did that, the bullfrogs came up from the pond to see who the new competition was)


Tomorrow? Who knows. Headed out to Houston--Brenham, then Fredericksburg for the whole weekend. Okctoberfest.


have fun but be careful with that dark german beer
0 x
She said you're ramblin' man
You ain't ever gonna change
You got a gypsy soul to blame
And you were born for leavin'

User avatar
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 23310
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: What are you eating today?

Postby Jogeephus » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:07 am

Okctoberfest!? Oh my. That sounds like you could have too much fun. I assume you have made arrangements for the phone call you will receive about your cows being on the highway just after you've finished your 10th mug of beer. ;-)
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.


Return to “Recipes and Cooking”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests