Busy Bug

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Busy Bug

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:40 pm

I had some berries in the freezer and asked The Bug if she wanted to use them to make jellies and such. She liked the idea and she and a friend set about to making some jam, jelly and syrup.

In what seemed like no time they had put this together which she will give friends and neighbors at Christmas.

Watching them work made me hungry so in an effort to insure quality control I sampled some of the strawberry and blackberry syrup on some Blue Bell vanilla ice cream.

0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

LRTX1
GURU
GURU

Re: Busy Bug

Postby LRTX1 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:45 pm

I'm consistently impressed with the commercial kitchen you have.
0 x
Layne

Education is expensive, no matter where you get it.

Education is important but, cold beer is importanter.

hillsdown
GURU
GURU

Postby hillsdown » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:06 pm

Totally envious of "the bug" and your "kitchen" Jo .

Fantastic job girls ! That is not an easy task , and it can be quite tedious . Very impressive :tiphat:
0 x
HD

{No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having the love of a dog makes you rich.
Louis Sabin}

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:14 pm

If I was a lot younger you would have a son-in-law. A young lady that is pretty, nice, works hard, shoots, cooks, what else could anyone ask for.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:19 pm

Looks great Bug! Jo please remember I'm left coast time, just finished dinner, I have berries but no ice cream! Damm you! :lol: Looks great ice cream tomorrow. :tiphat:
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:22 pm

Thanks. The Bug is really becoming a good cook. She's getting her basics down and she isn't afraid to experiment. Kenny, she's can also do a ten inch group at 900 yards. :lol2:

The berry honey/syrup was fantastic.

Thanks Layne. Its taken a lot of baby steps to get this far. Finally made it through most of the gov't hoops and even have some stuff in two stores but wholesaling is not what I want to do.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:25 pm

Jogeephus wrote:Thanks. The Bug is really becoming a good cook. She's getting her basics down and she isn't afraid to experiment. Kenny, she's can also do a ten inch group at 900 yards. :lol2:

The berry honey/syrup was fantastic.

Thanks Layne. Its taken a lot of baby steps to get this far. Finally made it through most of the gov't hoops and even have some stuff in two stores but wholesaling is not what I want to do.

Maybe I dont need to be younger after all. I have a couple of 900 yard rifles but I am not the person to make them look good. You, im sure, are very proud to have a daughter like her instead of a lot of the ones you see her age.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

Williamsv
GURU
GURU

Postby Williamsv » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:27 pm

Smart girls! It all looks delicious, especially that ice cream with strawberry syrup! That would be to die for!
0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:31 pm

I am proud of her and blessed to have her. She has a really level head and a huge heart. I do hope one day she finds someone who is down to earth and owns a few rifles and drives a truck.
0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:34 pm

Williamsv wrote:Smart girls! It all looks delicious, especially that ice cream with strawberry syrup! That would be to die for!

It was actually strawberry and blackberry syrup. That was my bowl and I couldn't decide so I poured both. Just wish the doctor told me I needed to gain 20 lbs because this stuff would make the chore easy. :lol2:
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:38 pm

very nice Jo you are very proud im sure and like others have said if I had a kitchen like that I would camp out in there.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

novatech
GURU
GURU

Postby novatech » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:19 pm

I can't hardly make the day without finishing it off with Bluebell. The only thing I could see making it any better is the Bug's syrup. Well homemade peach cobbler ain't all bad.
0 x
All truth passes through three stages:
First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
--Mahatma Gandhi

Red Bull Breeder
GURU
GURU

Postby Red Bull Breeder » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:46 pm

Girls look to have done very well Jo. Need to coach her on filling the syrup bottles with even amounts. That way there is always plenty of small samples for the ice cream.
0 x

branguscowgirl
GURU
GURU

Postby branguscowgirl » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:10 am

Yum! Nice work Bug!
Anything blackberry is my favorite! :D
0 x
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but, rather, a manner of traveling!

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:56 pm

She could sell that and make some money that looks really good
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Return to “Recipes and Cooking”