What kind of BBQ person are you?

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Re: What kind of BBQ person are you?

Postby skyhightree1 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:46 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Rafter S wrote:And by the way, I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me, but if meat is cooked with the heat source way away from it, such as in a firebox, that's not barbeque. That's smoked meat. It might be good, but it's not barbeque. If the meat is directly above the coals, that's barbeque.

How do you cook (BBQ) an 8 lb or larger brisket of direct heat and end up with a piece of meat you an actually chew and disgest??

Guess everybody has their own definition. direct heat to me is "grilled". But I like a heavy bark, no BBQ sauce.. I enjoy tasting the meat without the doctored up sstuff on it. Slow cooked over low heat. Maybe that's "Smoked" but that's the way most BBQ is done in Texas. And Sky you can keep the cold slaw.. :lol2: :lol2: I want some tater salad and cowboy beans.

I will gladly keep the slaw lol
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:48 pm

0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:50 pm

0 x

Return to “Recipes and Cooking”