Pickled Sausages

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Pickled Sausages

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:22 am

Trying a new pickle so I don't know how these will turn out but I have high hopes. The pickle tastes pretty good with a lot of garlic and but also has some sugar to cut the vinegar. Should know better in a week.

0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Re: Pickled Sausages

Postby HDRider » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:42 am

Maybe this is a dumb question considering who I am asking. Did you make the sausages?
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

chippie
GURU
GURU

Postby chippie » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:42 am

I bet that they will be delicious. Did you can them in a pressure cooker or water bath?
0 x
What is this hand basket and where are we going?

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:05 pm

Did make the sausages. They are pepperoni and cheese snack sticks smoked in pecan.

Chippie, I did neither. Canning, especially pressure canning would heat the sausages too much and render the fat making it a greasy paste in the casing. Instead, I used a combination of barriers including chemical to pickle them.

Had to test one this morning and they are pretty nice so I doubt they will stay in the cooler long.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Return to “Recipes and Cooking”