Something for Sky

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Something for Sky

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:03 am

3waycross wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:Sky, my wife made this today and when she told me how she made it I thought of you. This is YOUR kind of fudge. Cheese and chocolate. I know it sounds odd but it's actually incredible. And easy to make to boot.

Velveeta Fudge

2 lbs powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
2 sticks butter
1/2 lb velveeta cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups chopped pecans

Mix sugar and cocoa together. Melt butter and Velveeta together. Add vanilla and pecans. Add sugar cocoa mix in this. Spread in buttered 8x8 glass dish and let cool then cut in squares.

Jo I will try it out Thank you so much. I am sorry I got to the post late I have been in the woods again :mrgreen: That sounds like a great recipe. I am always willing to try something with cheese :D

Now that's funny. You might as well have said I am always willing to try air. :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

True :lol2: :mrgreen:
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:06 am

Knock, knock, knocking on heavens door. :lol: :lol: Good stuff Jo, but after my second piece last night I told my wife she should take half the batch to work for the staff to enjoy. Between the two of us we would never finish it before it goes bad.
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

chippie
GURU
GURU

Postby chippie » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:25 am

all in moderation. It would be an easy recipe to split in half.
0 x
What is this hand basket and where are we going?

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:35 am

chippie wrote:all in moderation. It would be an easy recipe to split in half.

:lol: after two pieces my sweet tooth was fulfilled. I have learned that with my limited cooking skills I need to follow the original recipe very closely, than I can make adjustments to it. :? Thinking maybe black walnuts next time.

I did ask my wife if she was taking some into the staff this morning, her reply was, "heck no! Maybe after the weekend." I guess she likes it too.
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

MO_cows
GURU
GURU

Postby MO_cows » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:56 pm

I had that Velveeta fudge one time from a co-worker. I didn't think I would like it, but it was very good. Hate to think how fattening it is.

If you like a softer fudge, I bring you....

World's Easiest Fudge

1 12 oz package chocolate chips - your choice of semi sweet or milk
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
chopped nuts - optional

Put the chips and sweetened condensed milk in a microwavable bowl. Nuke for 30 seconds, stir, repeat this cycle until chocolate is fully melted and blended together with the milk. (Or you can do this in a double boiler if you prefer). Stir in vanilla, nuts, then press into 8 X 8 pan. (I line mine with wax paper) Chill, cut, enjoy.

If this is too soft for you, add a little more chocolate. I think when this recipe was devised, chocolate chips were still 16 oz to the package.
0 x
It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with the simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
Laura Ingalls Wilder

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:56 pm

Mocows that sounds good. I'm not much on sweets. For me to gorge myself on fudge constitutes my eating two 1"x1" pieces then I'm done for the year.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Angus Cowman
GURU
GURU

Postby Angus Cowman » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:13 pm

Jogeephus wrote:Mocows that sounds good. I'm not much on sweets. For me to gorge myself on fudge constitutes my eating two 1'x1' pieces then I'm done for the year.

There Jo I fixed the measurements for you!!
0 x
If they had to actually work with a Spade and Hoe versus electing them we would all be better off (Caustic Burno 2011)

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:07 am

Angus Cowman wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:Mocows that sounds good. I'm not much on sweets. For me to gorge myself on fudge constitutes my eating two 1'x1' pieces then I'm done for the year.

There Jo I fixed the measurements for you!!

:lol2: :lol2:

Yep. Here is the wife and I going to pick up some more Velveeta

0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Return to “Recipes and Cooking”