Winner(Aug) - 'The Perfect Steak'

Submit your photo today! You can be the next winner.
alisonb
GURU
GURU

Winner(Aug) - 'The Perfect Steak'

Postby alisonb » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:12 am

The suspense is over...Ga.prime(very appropriate ;-) ) is the winner of our perfect steak contest. Big congrats to you Ga.prime :clap: :clap: :clap:.
At least 12 people would like to know more details ie cut, method of cooking etc. When you submitted your entry you told me that there was a lot of lightning around the night you took the pic...did you cook the steak or did you have a little assistance from nature? :lol: :mrgreen:

Alan
Slick
Alison
Rafter
Callmefence
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

alisonb
GURU
GURU

Re: Winner(Aug) - 'The Perfect Steak'

Postby alisonb » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:13 am

Truegrit
JMJFarms
NECowboy
Cottagefarms
Nesikep

Well done to everyone, it was a great contest!! :D
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:55 am

Good looking steak.
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

NECowboy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby NECowboy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:28 pm

Congrats ga prime should have known Alison would have the pretty looking one with fresh sprig of rosemary!
0 x
"So guess I'll stay right where I'm at, wear my boots and my cowboy hat...I gotta live my life and write my songs beneath these western skies" - Chris LeDoux, Western Skies

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:52 pm

Congrats Ga.prime! Well done! (not the steak)
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:59 pm

I think jmj had a contender, but it looks like he's got excited and ate the good part before he got a picture took.
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:59 pm

I'm pretty happy with my finish.. 3 year old bull steak. Cooked on a barbeque would have improved it a little, but it was delicious as it was... GA prime's steak looks yummy too :)
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:58 pm

I was really torn between GA prime and JMJs steak. Went with JMJ because his steak is exactly how I like to eat one. Congrats to everyone and especially GA prime, the onion/pepper side was an outstanding touch.
0 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.
-Anais Nin

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:43 am

Well darn. I voted for #9. Still think it's the best looking steak. And still can't figure out why Dash has the switchblade laying by his plate.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

NECowboy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby NECowboy » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:19 am

TexasBred wrote:Well darn. I voted for #9. Still think it's the best looking steak. And still can't figure out why Dash has the switchblade laying by his plate.

Thanks TB it's a ribeye (they cut em close to a pound in size up here) marinated for about half hour in lawry's pineapple teriyaki marinade then we grill it about 10 minutes a side on high heat (400 degrees or so) on Traeger wood pellet grill. After I grilled and cut into it wife thought I cooked it little too long for contest guess I like my steaks medium though.

Fence still hasn't told me the story behind his little dinky knife though is that the one you're talking about?
0 x
"So guess I'll stay right where I'm at, wear my boots and my cowboy hat...I gotta live my life and write my songs beneath these western skies" - Chris LeDoux, Western Skies

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:29 am

Now which steaks came from black-hided cattle?
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:47 pm

callmefence wrote:I think jmj had a contender, but it looks like he's got excited and ate the good part before he got a picture took.

:lol2: It was one of the best I've eaten in a while Fence. But I'm happy to concede to my neighbor. Great job gaprime :tiphat: Next time I will be expecting a phone call when you light the grill since you're now a celebrity steak chef :nod:
0 x
"You don't have to be a genius to be successful. Just surround yourself with smart people. And LISTEN to them" C.M.

Return to “Photo Contest”