Winner - 'It's Christmas'

Submit your photo today! You can be the next winner.
User avatar
alisonb
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4569
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:37 am

Winner - 'It's Christmas'

Postby alisonb » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:56 pm

Well, well, well...and our winner is...Dun. Congrats Dun, great pic :clap: :clap:

So nice to see new contestants entering :D

Image

Greybeard
Image

Slick
Image

Randi
Image

Farm Fence Solutions
Image

Greybeard...I think you may have a story to share with us :lol:
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

ez14.
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1081
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:42 pm

Re: Winner - 'It's Christmas'

Postby ez14. » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:08 pm

Yeah Greybeard lets here it!

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 17063
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm

Re: Winner - 'It's Christmas'

Postby greybeard » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:01 pm

Not much of one, and I've told it here before anyway.
First it was this.

Image

Which caused this..

Image

and not long afterwards, caused the picture I submitted for the contest.
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

User avatar
dun
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 47343
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:34 am

Re: Winner - 'It's Christmas'

Postby dun » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:20 pm

The participants of the photo thank you for voting for it/them.
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

ez14.
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1081
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:42 pm

Re: Winner - 'It's Christmas'

Postby ez14. » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:30 pm

greybeard wrote:Not much of one, and I've told it here before anyway.
First it was this.

Image

Which caused this..

Image

and not long afterwards, caused the picture I submitted for the contest.
I got a friend who has pictures of her cat in the tree! But I don't think it caused any damage though

User avatar
Fire Sweep Ranch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2537
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:43 am

Re: Winner - 'It's Christmas'

Postby Fire Sweep Ranch » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:40 pm

Dun, how did you get everyone to dress the same???? Never would work in my house.
God, family, and Simmental cattle; that's what makes life worth living!

ez14.
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1081
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:42 pm

Re: Winner - 'It's Christmas'

Postby ez14. » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:48 pm

Fire Sweep Ranch wrote:Dun, how did you get everyone to dress the same???? Never would work in my house.
if you look closely you can see their not all dressed EXACTLY the same

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 17063
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm

Re: Winner - 'It's Christmas'

Postby greybeard » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:59 pm

dun wrote:The participants of the photo thank you for voting for it/them.

What I like most about that photo?
The mattress down on the floor. Reminds me of the times lo g ago, we had company or visited a relative and there weren't enough beds or bedrooms..not like today where people have huge 4-5 bedroom houses. Actually, we were lucky to get a 'pallet" down on the floor, which was just several blankets on the floor and a couple on top of us. Back in the days before air mattresses were common and inexpensive..
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

ez14.
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1081
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:42 pm

Re: Winner - 'It's Christmas'

Postby ez14. » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:42 pm

greybeard wrote:
dun wrote:The participants of the photo thank you for voting for it/them.

What I like most about that photo?
The mattress down on the floor. Reminds me of the times lo g ago, we had company or visited a relative and there weren't enough beds or bedrooms..not like today where people have huge 4-5 bedroom houses. Actually, we were lucky to get a 'pallet" down on the floor, which was just several blankets on the floor and a couple on top of us. Back in the days before air mattresses were common and inexpensive..

We have a 4 bedroom house I never thought of it as huge though! (I also never thought of it as small either just normal size until I got older and started talking to other people about houses and now I know by most people's standards it's pretty small) and with 10 of us living in it there was no extra room

User avatar
dun
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 47343
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:34 am

Re: Winner - 'It's Christmas'

Postby dun » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:46 pm

There were 2 of the kids with their significant others from out of town that were there. One of those was taking the picture. It's a family that we have more or less adopted.
It;s a tradition that one of the kids reads "Twas the night before chrismas" that when the picture was taken
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle