Winner "Fall"

Submit your photo today! You can be the next winner.
hillsdown
GURU
GURU

Winner "Fall"

Postby hillsdown » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:59 pm

Congratulations to HDRider ! Very pretty pic :clap: :clap:

Thank you to all who submitted a photo and to all that voted . :tiphat:
0 x
HD

{No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having the love of a dog makes you rich.
Louis Sabin}

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Re: Winner "Fall"

Postby HDRider » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:34 pm

Thanks, I really like all the picture that were entered. Fall is a great time for pictures. I felt like picking one of those persimmons.

We came across this by accident. North of Asheville on the Blue Ridge Parkway was closed and we got off to the west and saw this little creek coming down the hill. I like to just explore and see what we see.

We took this on the same trip.

0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

3waycross
Mentor
Mentor

Postby 3waycross » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:40 pm

Very nice congrats!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
0 x
USA.......... ride for the brand or get out!

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:48 pm

I voted for the old blue store. Figured somewhere back in there was probably a few cold Bud Lights, a domino table, a warm stove and 4-5 old timers having a big time.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:46 pm

Great pic! It got my vote! Reminds me of the PNW!

Congrats :tiphat:
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

HOSS
GURU
GURU

Postby HOSS » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:56 pm

TexasBred wrote:I voted for the old blue store. Figured somewhere back in there was probably a few cold Bud Lights, a domino table, a warm stove and 4-5 old timers having a big time.

TB, the old store is where I grew up at. I remember many a deer season where all the old men would hang out in the back around a pot bellied stove telling tales and waiting on everyone who killed a deer to bring it by. Just to the right side of the store the old oil change ramp is still there. The owner would go out and do an oil change under the shade tree if you needed one and then fix you a baloney sandwich from the store deli. I have ate many a moon pie and RC Cola at that store. It is no longer a store. My cousin bought it a few years ago and restored the outside like it was. The inside is set up with a kitchen, sofas, and bunk beds. It is now his hunting cabin :lol2: The community is called Gillis Mills. I don't know if that is even on the map. Cabo might know where it is but it is pretty remote. Just a wide spot in the road. The old school house is about 300 yards down the road. It has long been abandoned but my Dad went to grammar school there some 65 years ago. It was one room at the time :cowboy:

HD, great picture and a well deserved win :tiphat:
0 x

alisonb
GURU
GURU

Postby alisonb » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:53 pm

Awesome pic HDRider, congrats! :clap: Love that second one as well.
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:11 am

HOSS wrote:
TexasBred wrote:I voted for the old blue store. Figured somewhere back in there was probably a few cold Bud Lights, a domino table, a warm stove and 4-5 old timers having a big time.

TB, the old store is where I grew up at. I remember many a deer season where all the old men would hang out in the back around a pot bellied stove telling tales and waiting on everyone who killed a deer to bring it by. Just to the right side of the store the old oil change ramp is still there. The owner would go out and do an oil change under the shade tree if you needed one and then fix you a baloney sandwich from the store deli. I have ate many a moon pie and RC Cola at that store. It is no longer a store. My cousin bought it a few years ago and restored the outside like it was. The inside is set up with a kitchen, sofas, and bunk beds. It is now his hunting cabin :lol2: The community is called Gillis Mills. I don't know if that is even on the map. Cabo might know where it is but it is pretty remote. Just a wide spot in the road. The old school house is about 300 yards down the road. It has long been abandoned but my Dad went to grammar school there some 65 years ago. It was one room at the time :cowboy:

Thanks Hoss. Your picture along with the story sure brings back some good memories.
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

Fire Sweep Ranch
GURU
GURU

Postby Fire Sweep Ranch » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:47 pm

I'm with denvermartinfarms, in SW MO and our colors are just starting to change right now. The last pic I just happened to get last weekend when we were taking fall senior pictures with my daughter. I will try to get some this weekend, I bet they would be able to compete with the others. Our colors out here are just gorgeous!!! No other way to explain it!!!
0 x
God, family, and Simmental cattle; that's what makes life worth living!

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:51 am

HOSS wrote:

Hoss we had one of those old stores when I was growing up. Learn a lot sitting there listening to those oldtimers. Life was so much more simple back then. ;-)
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Return to “Photo Contest”