Contest 3-9 March "Farming Activities"

Submit your photo today! You can be the next winner.
alisonb
GURU
GURU

Contest 3-9 March "Farming Activities"

Postby alisonb » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:46 pm

Our third and last landscape contest must focus on the farmer/rancher, family and/or friends busy with farming activities. We would like to see the human factor in your pic - a rider herding cattle, someone stacking/loading/feeding bales, plowing, working cattle etc.

You have until 9 March to submit your pic, the voting poll will run from 10 - 16 March and the winner will be announced on 17 March. All entries to be submitted to hillsdown via personal message. Pic dimensions should be 640x480 pix(or close to that) so please resize before submitting.

:D
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Contest 3-9 March "Farming Activities"

Postby TexasBred » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:06 pm

Guess four or five of us sitting around drinking beer "after working cattle" won't qualify?? :???:
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

hillsdown
GURU
GURU

Postby hillsdown » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:07 pm

TexasBred wrote:Guess four or five of us sitting around drinking beer "after working cattle" won't qualify?? :???:

I don't see why not !!! That is the best part of the day after all . :tiphat:
0 x
HD

{No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having the love of a dog makes you rich.
Louis Sabin}

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:46 am

I've got one in mind.. have to find it though... it's an old one of me on an old Ford County plowing... I think it was taken about 18 years ago
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:40 pm

hillsdown wrote:
TexasBred wrote:Guess four or five of us sitting around drinking beer "after working cattle" won't qualify?? :???:

Will you take our word for it that we've been "working cattle?" ;-)
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

hillsdown
GURU
GURU

Postby hillsdown » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:30 pm

TexasBred wrote:
hillsdown wrote:

Will you take our word for it that we've been "working cattle?" ;-)

As long as we can see you are all covered in cow poop and have the war wounds too . ;-)
0 x
HD

{No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having the love of a dog makes you rich.
Louis Sabin}

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:54 pm

alisonb wrote:Our third and last landscape contest must focus on the farmer/rancher, family and/or friends busy with farming activities. We would like to see the human factor in your pic - a rider herding cattle, someone stacking/loading/feeding bales, plowing, working cattle etc.

You have until 9 March to submit your pic, the voting poll will run from 10 - 16 March and the winner will be announced on 17 March. All entries to be submitted to hillsdown via personal message. Pic dimensions should be 640x480 pix(or close to that) so please resize before submitting.

This is a tougher than normal contest a lot of us do everything by ourselves.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

denvermartinfarms
GURU
GURU

Postby denvermartinfarms » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:12 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
alisonb wrote:Our third and last landscape contest must focus on the farmer/rancher, family and/or friends busy with farming activities. We would like to see the human factor in your pic - a rider herding cattle, someone stacking/loading/feeding bales, plowing, working cattle etc.

This is a tougher than normal contest a lot of us do everything by ourselves.

That's what I thought, and when I do have help I ain't off takin pictures of my help working. I ain't gonna be entering anything this round.
0 x
This world is not my home i'm just passing through

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:58 am

First thing I thought of when I saw what the contest was about is that Jed should have this one sewn up. :mrgreen:
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

alisonb
GURU
GURU

Postby alisonb » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:51 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:This is a tougher than normal contest a lot of us do everything by ourselves.

Thought about pulling this last landscape theme as I too realized it was not gonna be an easy one but then several people have requested a similar theme on a number of occasions and it had already been announced in advance in the first contest, so decided to leave it up to the really creative :D.

Am sure we will receive an entry from Jed of AC working his butt off, Slick I think you may be right ;-)
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

hillsdown
GURU
GURU

Postby hillsdown » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:36 pm

alisonb wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:This is a tougher than normal contest a lot of us do everything by ourselves.

Thought about pulling this last landscape theme as I too realized it was not gonna be an easy one but then several people have requested a similar theme on a number of occasions and it had already been announced in advance in the first contest, so decided to leave it up to the really creative :D.

Am sure we will receive an entry from Jed of AC working his butt off, Slick I think you may be right ;-)

I have a few really good entries but we won't have a full house ,however it is still a good category . One doesn't have to submit a pic of themselves working, it can be of others working the land, cattle too, like neighbors etc , l.
0 x
HD

Louis Sabin}

Return to “Photo Contest”