Making pictures look better

Submit your photo today! You can be the next winner.
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Making pictures look better

Postby TexasBred » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:31 pm

Nesikep wrote:Not at all :)... I just find it makes photos you think are good just stand out that bit more..

You'd think I'm on the promo team for that program.. I'm not.. Honest!

Many thanks Nesi....tried them and liked them.....quick and easy to get going. Really worked wonders on the few pics I've used them on.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:25 pm

There's the advanced mode, which gets complicated pretty quick.. but is quite a tool
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:13 pm

Nesi~ I DL'd the freeware and got a bucket full of malware that didn't get caught by my antivirus. Changed a few things on the machine too, so I'd advise anyone that wants it to be very careful.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Putangitangi
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Putangitangi » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:16 pm

I had a look at the site and thought about it. Nesikep, I suspect I sent you the wrong kind of photos, you want noise, not lack of clarity. I'll think about what else I have, because if it can do more than I can currently do with the program I use, it could be useful - without the malware!!!
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:25 pm

I never got malware at all with it.. I'll have to check up on that though. Did you download it from www.NeatImage.com?.. sometimes 3rd party sites add a whole bunch of "extras" into the installer and if you aren't *really* carefull when installing it you do inadvertently get the crap... I haven't downloaded it in some time so this would be a new thing.
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:14 am

Yes, I did from them. I had 143 objects and it changed my homepage and default search even though I declined their offer to do so. I would think it's something that attached itself without permission.

One of the biggies was that there were three objects in my registry. If I remember correctly that's where they obtain your key strokes.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:28 am

Nesi I got a bunch of stuff too but "Norton" caught it all. Have used it a few times on photos but am now getting a bit leery of it after the feedback.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:28 pm

well that's BS then! I hate it when otherwise great programs start to bundle absolute garbage...
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:49 pm

It may not be them doing it.
0 x

Return to “Photo Contest”