Contest 1 - 6 April "Sandwich"

Submit your photo today! You can be the next winner.
User avatar
alisonb
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4298
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:37 am
Location: South Africa

Contest 1 - 6 April "Sandwich"

Postby alisonb » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:45 am

This week we are taking a pic of our favorite sarmie, does not necessarily have to be made by yourself but am sure will score points if it is(IOW homemade). It must be a 'proper' sandwich made with slices of bread with filling on/in between. So BLT, ALT, turkey, Reuben, toasted chicken mayo, egg, peanut butter, smoked salmon, tuna....the list is endless. Don't forget your garnishes ;-) and let's see the meat on those sarmies folks(apologies to any vegans) :oops:

You have until 6 April to submit your pic, the voting poll will run from 7 - 13 April and the winner will be announced on 14 April. All entries to be submitted to hillsdown via personal message. Pic dimensions should be 640x480 pix(or close to that) so please resize before submitting.

Food, glorious food! :D
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

User avatar
Bez__
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:31 am
Location: The far east corner of Ontario - cheap beer in Quebec - I can still speak English here!

Re: Contest 1 - 6 April "Sandwich"

Postby Bez__ » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am

alisonb wrote:This week we are taking a pic of our favorite sarmie, does not necessarily have to be made by yourself but am sure will score points if it is(IOW homemade). It must be a 'proper' sandwich made with slices of bread with filling on/in between. So BLT, ALT, turkey, Reuben, toasted chicken mayo, egg, peanut butter, smoked salmon, tuna....the list is endless. Don't forget your garnishes ;-) and let's see the meat on those sarmies folks(apologies to any vegans) :oops:

You have until 6 April to submit your pic, the voting poll will run from 7 - 13 April and the winner will be announced on 14 April. All entries to be submitted to hillsdown via personal message. Pic dimensions should be 640x480 pix(or close to that) so please resize before submitting.

Food, glorious food! :D


Apologies to veggies are not accepted or acceptable!

They do not apologize to us! LOL

And usually tout their agenda in your face to boot.

You cruel animal abuser!

Remember - "Meat is Murder and dairy is rape" is the new cry in my part of the world.

Love the term "sarmie" - never heard it before.

And yes I know I might have hijacked your thread. LOL

I will get the old girl to make me a sarmie and maybe take a pic of it before I chow down.

Have a good one

Cheers

Bez
0 x
Still have no idea what the meaning of life is.

User avatar
hillsdown
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9928
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:25 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Contest 1 - 6 April "Sandwich"

Postby hillsdown » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:40 pm

OK ,let the sandwich making begin !

So the rules are : a sandwich with a slice of bread on the top and bottom . No burgers , buns , pita's ,open faced etc .

Well ,this should be interesting ,hopefully we get some entries . :D
0 x
HD

{No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having the love of a dog makes you rich.
Louis Sabin}

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28051
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Contest 1 - 6 April "Sandwich"

Postby TexasBred » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:20 am

This could get very very interesting. :lol: :lol: Can't wait !!!!
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

User avatar
HOSS
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4348
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:44 pm
Location: Middle Tennessee

Re: Contest 1 - 6 April "Sandwich"

Postby HOSS » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:15 pm

I fully suspect that Jogeephus will run away with this one. He is a sammich guru.
0 x

User avatar
hillsdown
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9928
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:25 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Contest 1 - 6 April "Sandwich"

Postby hillsdown » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:25 pm

HOSS wrote:I fully suspect that Jogeephus will run away with this one. He is a sammich guru.


Judging by what we have seen on the "what's everyone eating today" thread the winner could be anyone . We have some very creative "chefs" on here .

However , WE NEED ENTRIES PLEASE !!! :tiphat:
0 x
HD

{No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having the love of a dog makes you rich.
Louis Sabin}

denvermartinfarms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6181
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:06 pm
Location: Ava mo

Re: Contest 1 - 6 April "Sandwich"

Postby denvermartinfarms » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:51 pm

Since there ain't no tomatoes growing yet I'm out on this one, if this was a little later in the year I'd send in a bacon and mator picture.
0 x
This world is not my home i'm just passing through

User avatar
hillsdown
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9928
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:25 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Contest 1 - 6 April "Sandwich"

Postby hillsdown » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:00 pm

denvermartinfarms wrote:Since there ain't no tomatoes growing yet I'm out on this one, if this was a little later in the year I'd send in a bacon and mator picture.


You don't buy fresh tomatoes at all Denver , just eat the ones that are out of your garden ?

Living in an area where we have winter 9 months a year I rely on local greenhouses and imported fresh veggies during winter and fall , be a tough life without having access to them .

You can always think up another sandwich that is a meat lovers dream . :D
0 x
HD

{No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having the love of a dog makes you rich.
Louis Sabin}

denvermartinfarms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6181
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:06 pm
Location: Ava mo

Re: Contest 1 - 6 April "Sandwich"

Postby denvermartinfarms » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:46 pm

hillsdown wrote:
denvermartinfarms wrote:Since there ain't no tomatoes growing yet I'm out on this one, if this was a little later in the year I'd send in a bacon and mator picture.


You don't buy fresh tomatoes at all Denver , just eat the ones that are out of your garden ?

Living in an area where we have winter 9 months a year I rely on local greenhouses and imported fresh veggies during winter and fall , be a tough life without having access to them .

You can always think up another sandwich that is a meat lovers dream . :D

Out of season Tomatoes here aren't fit to eat on a sandwich. Salad and other things maybe, but when it's the main focus the fresh in season ones are all that work for me.
0 x
This world is not my home i'm just passing through

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28051
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Contest 1 - 6 April "Sandwich"

Postby TexasBred » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:30 pm

denvermartinfarms wrote:Out of season Tomatoes here aren't fit to eat on a sandwich. Salad and other things maybe, but when it's the main focus the fresh in season ones are all that work for me.

Go ahead and buy one at the store. They will be from Mexico....and grown with human Shyt.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

User avatar
M5farm
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5158
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:06 am
Location: Sunshine State

Re: Contest 1 - 6 April "Sandwich"

Postby M5farm » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:44 pm

Image
0 x
Move along, nothing to see here.

presmudjo
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: Narcoossee, Central Florida

Re: Contest 1 - 6 April "Sandwich"

Postby presmudjo » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:25 pm

Just bought tomatoes at veggie stand. He said they are from immocoly (spelling help needed). Didn't taste like the tomato I was use to from there. Hot house tomato. So we will wait on our own tomatoes now.
0 x

User avatar
hillsdown
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9928
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:25 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Contest 1 - 6 April "Sandwich"

Postby hillsdown » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:49 pm

TexasBred wrote:
denvermartinfarms wrote:Out of season Tomatoes here aren't fit to eat on a sandwich. Salad and other things maybe, but when it's the main focus the fresh in season ones are all that work for me.

Go ahead and buy one at the store. They will be from Mexico....and grown with human Shyt.


Aren't there any local greenhouses that grow them all year round ?
0 x
HD

{No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having the love of a dog makes you rich.
Louis Sabin}

User avatar
hillsdown
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9928
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:25 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Contest 1 - 6 April "Sandwich"

Postby hillsdown » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:50 pm

M5farm wrote:Image


Awe ! Poor kitten . :lol:
0 x
HD

{No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having the love of a dog makes you rich.
Louis Sabin}

denvermartinfarms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6181
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:06 pm
Location: Ava mo

Re: Contest 1 - 6 April "Sandwich"

Postby denvermartinfarms » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:35 pm

hillsdown wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
denvermartinfarms wrote:Out of season Tomatoes here aren't fit to eat on a sandwich. Salad and other things maybe, but when it's the main focus the fresh in season ones are all that work for me.

Go ahead and buy one at the store. They will be from Mexico....and grown with human Shyt.


Aren't there any local greenhouses that grow them all year round ?

IMO most greenhouse tomatoes aren't very good.
0 x
This world is not my home i'm just passing through


Return to “Photo Contest”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests