Resizing pictures

Submit your photo today! You can be the next winner.
millstreaminn
Rancher
Rancher

Resizing pictures

Postby millstreaminn » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:25 pm

Why is it when I upload Picts to photobucket and resize them, it crops off the right side of the pic? My pics start out as 1024X677 and I resize to 640x423 but the right hand 1/3 of the pic is gone?

Even this original- sized 1024 is missing the right 1/3 of the shot.

This second one I cropped and got a bit more of the shot but not all. What am I doing wrong!? Thanks

0 x
It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

hillsdown
GURU
GURU

Re: Resizing pictures

Postby hillsdown » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:27 pm

640x423
0 x
HD

{No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having the love of a dog makes you rich.
Louis Sabin}

branguscowgirl
GURU
GURU

Postby branguscowgirl » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:03 am

I don't know, but you do have to make sure that you "save" the new size, and give photo bucket some time. If you do it too quickly, it does not take. But I have struggles with it also.............
0 x
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but, rather, a manner of traveling!

branguscowgirl
GURU
GURU

Postby branguscowgirl » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:04 am

BTW Nice calf!!! :D
0 x
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but, rather, a manner of traveling!

Putangitangi
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Putangitangi » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:48 am

I see the whole of your nice calf. It's about how your browser deals with big photos.
0 x

millstreaminn
Rancher
Rancher

Postby millstreaminn » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:59 am

hillsdown wrote:640x423

That's weird. When you post my pic, I can see the whole thing. On the pic I posted, I can barely see the left of the gate.
0 x

regolith
GURU
GURU

Postby regolith » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:25 am

By using the 'zoom out' to adjust the size of everything within the browser the whole pic can be seen... it's all there.
I suspect branguscowgirl is on to it... if it was correctly resized it would fit any browser. I can't use pb at all, so don't know how it's done.
0 x
Stepping backwards and progress are not mutually exclusive

millstreaminn
Rancher
Rancher

Postby millstreaminn » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:49 am

regolith wrote:By using the 'zoom out' to adjust the size of everything within the browser the whole pic can be seen... it's all there.
I suspect branguscowgirl is on to it... if it was correctly resized it would fit any browser. I can't use pb at all, so don't know how it's done.

Ah, you are correct! Zooming in and out works on my computer at work. I'll try and figure out how to do it on my iPad.

Thanks! That was really starting to bug me. I thought I knew how to resize pics in photobucket, guess I was doing it correctly, just had my browser set wrong.
0 x

millstreaminn
Rancher
Rancher

Postby millstreaminn » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:54 am

branguscowgirl wrote:BTW Nice calf!!! :D

Thank you. She's gonna be a keeper. By far my favorite calf this year. She's just like her mother, an absolute pleasure to work with. Nothing gets her excited. :nod:

0 x

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:36 am

millstreaminn wrote:
regolith wrote:By using the 'zoom out' to adjust the size of everything within the browser the whole pic can be seen... it's all there.

Ah, you are correct! Zooming in and out works on my computer at work. I'll try and figure out how to do it on my iPad.

Thanks! That was really starting to bug me. I thought I knew how to resize pics in photobucket, guess I was doing it correctly, just had my browser set wrong.

That's how mine works, on my desk top it's never a problem, but on my iPad, which I use 99% of the time, I have to touch the pic, hit save image and then I can view the whole image from the photo gallery. I see you posted a pic of the calf and dam, I got the whole image on my iPad, did you have to resize the pic?

BTW, very nice calf!
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

millstreaminn
Rancher
Rancher

Postby millstreaminn » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:43 am

Alan wrote:
millstreaminn wrote:

That's how mine works, on my desk top it's never a problem, but on my iPad, which I use 99% of the time, I have to touch the pic, hit save image and then I can view the whole image from the photo gallery. I see you posted a pic of the calf and dam, I got the whole image on my iPad, did you have to resize the pic?

BTW, very nice calf!

Yes. That pic is 640x423. She is a nice girl. Thanks!
0 x

alisonb
GURU
GURU

Postby alisonb » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:54 am

Millstreaminn - You may find it easier to do all editing on your camera's software or something like Microsoft picture manager on your computer before uploading to PB.
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

Return to “Photo Contest”