Poll "Pets"

Submit your photo today! You can be the next winner.

Poll "Pets"

Poll ended at Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:15 pm

1:
16%
2:
5%
3:
4%
4:
9%
5:
2%
6:
5%
7:
7%
8:
7%
9:
2%
10:
2%
11:
4%
12:
7%
13:
9%
14:
14%
15:
7%

Total votes: 56

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Poll "Pets"

Postby Nesikep » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:56 am

greybeard wrote:If ugly counts, I could provide a very good entry of a UGLY pet.....I'm just glad no one entered any serpents...

Umm.. you DID provide just that! I'm going to post more pictures of snakes just for you ;)
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

M5farm
GURU
GURU

Postby M5farm » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:13 am

Nesikep wrote:
greybeard wrote:If ugly counts, I could provide a very good entry of a UGLY pet.....I'm just glad no one entered any serpents...

Umm.. you DID provide just that! I'm going to post more pictures of snakes just for you ;)

Nesi, that was GB's selfie pic
0 x
Move along, nothing to see here.

alisonb
GURU
GURU

Postby alisonb » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:23 pm

Think we had a record breaking number of votes for this contest, it's great to see so many participating in the contests :D

Here is a little about Charlie in pic #13, thanks to those that voted for my boy -
http://www.cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=70608

Oh, and here's another pic of him :oops: ...his ma sure luvs him -
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

MO_cows
GURU
GURU

Postby MO_cows » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:43 pm

Here is the one I would like to have used, but it has been "enhanced". This is our "memorial" photo of Freebie the Foo Foo Dog. He was about 13 in the photo, he lived to 16. He defied death a few times: survived an attack by a big dog, survived getting run over by a full size pickup, and also an attack of acute pancreatitis. He also nearly killed one of our Great Danes...bit her in the face, hit an artery, and she about bled out before we got to the vet!

And while I am rambling on, the little dog in my entry (#6), is Honey, the world's only known surviving "Bull-eranian". Accidental breeding of a Pomeranian and French Bulldog. That is my grand-daughter sleeping, Honey is her dog. Wore them both out -- Grandma rules!
0 x
It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with the simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
Laura Ingalls Wilder

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:14 pm

M5farm wrote:
Nesikep wrote:

Nesi, that was GB's selfie pic

No, but I have a friend that has a mature, but totally hairless raccoon--it's fugly!!
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:48 pm

I think Charlie is a very pretty cat. He has that pose down pat.
0 x

alisonb
GURU
GURU

Postby alisonb » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:55 am

Thanks Chuckie. He's a natural when it comes to posing :D
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

3waycross
Mentor
Mentor

Postby 3waycross » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:52 am

MO_cows wrote:Here is the one I would like to have used, but it has been "enhanced". This is our "memorial" photo of Freebie the Foo Foo Dog. He was about 13 in the photo, he lived to 16. He defied death a few times: survived an attack by a big dog, survived getting run over by a full size pickup, and also an attack of acute pancreatitis. He also nearly killed one of our Great Danes...bit her in the face, hit an artery, and she about bled out before we got to the vet!

And while I am rambling on, the little dog in my entry (#6), is Honey, the world's only known surviving "Bull-eranian". Accidental breeding of a Pomeranian and French Bulldog. That is my grand-daughter sleeping, Honey is her dog. Wore them both out -- Grandma rules!

That Frenchie sure enuf knocked the hair off the Pom. :lol2: We have had a Pom for most of the last 20 years. They truly believe that they are a Malmute. Our first one would eat raw Elk until he passed out. Unfortunately they cause most of their own trouble when it comes to bigger dogs. I have looked out the window numerous times to see the current one hanging on the lip of my very patient Lab bych.
0 x
USA.......... ride for the brand or get out!

MO_cows
GURU
GURU

Postby MO_cows » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:42 am

Some of our family members raised Poms, and based on their behavior, I didn't want one! But father in law gave Freebie to our son, he was a timid puppy and would hide under the couch when customers came, so he wanted a "special home" for him. Well you don't say no to Grandpa, so we brought him home. We raised him with a Dane and a medium size mutt, he was treated like a "real dog" and behaved more like one. Before he lost the hip joint, he could "load up" in the back of the truck, a spring-loaded little devil. He was quite a character and we miss him, but I don't see myself getting another one. They are big dogs in a small package for sure.

The bull-eranian is a pretty cool little dog. You would think she would be ugly as sin, but she was spared the smush-face.
0 x
It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with the simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
Laura Ingalls Wilder

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:46 pm

Wanda, How did you keep your dog so still in the hat? He is beautiful, and he almost doesn't look real, as he looks perfect with his bright little eyes.
0 x

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:48 pm

MO cows, that is such a sweet picture. I love the little dog laying close to your child. The dog must really love her. That is what I love about dogs. When they love you back, they act like humans. Sometimes I think they are.
0 x

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:49 pm

I really like Caustic's little Jack Russell too. Those are my favorite.
0 x

hillsdown
GURU
GURU

Postby hillsdown » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:06 am

Chuckie wrote:Wanda, How did you keep your dog so still in the hat? He is beautiful, and he almost doesn't look real, as he looks perfect with his bright little eyes.

Kate was just a tiny innocent puppy then and a sweet heart . She did look like a stuffed animal ,and smelt like peaches and cream . NOT now she is the devil , she stalks my cat and she does not listen at all . She also loves to 'gather' the cattle which ends up as bark and chase :mad: and she will not stay out of water holes as she always is too hot ( we live in Alberta it is never too hot) I have to bath her every few days because she stinks to high heaven and she gets a skin rash form the stagnant water . BTW she is a witch to bath .

But yup she is cute and when she wants something she is your best friend full of kisses and snuggles then as soon as she gets it you are nothing to her . I have never ever had a dog like this and the only thing keeping her alive is that sometimes I like her and she is really really cute . :cowboy:
0 x
HD

{No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having the love of a dog makes you rich.
Louis Sabin}

Chuckie
GURU
GURU

Postby Chuckie » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:24 pm

Wanda, she sounds like a real cutie and a mess!! :lol2: I bet she has a personality out of this world. She is in heaven as she loves being a dog, and no one has her penned up in a tiny spot where she cannot enjoy her life.
She has a happy home and a good mama.

Dogs love to chase the cats as all of my dogs stalk the cats here. They know three phrases, "No Cats!" and "No Cows!" And at Mom's, "No Chickens!"
It's funny as I have never put it down on paper before, but they all start with the letter, "C." And when they hear that phrase, they know to stop.

The cats have wised up that if they don't run, then the dogs lose interest. The dog will charge, and the cat will just squat down, and that immediately throws water on their fire.

Kate and Buster together would be too much for one person to be able to survive. Buster talks constantly and no matter how much I tell him to shut up, it makes him bark faster for what he wants.
He has seven things that make him bark and demand attention now!!!

1. I have a bone, and try to take it away from me... as he is sitting in the middle of floor with it in his mouth.
2. Get me something out of the pantry, now! (Chew bones)
3. It is 2 minutes past time to eat.
4. I need to go outside.
5. Someone pulled up outside
6. Kevin is home from work.
7. It is time for Kevin to go to bed.

#7. Time to go to bed; Buster has a ritual as he wants to be the first one in the bedroom. If he thinks Kevin is going to go in there before him, he gets mad. So each night at the same time, he will lay beside the TV and the door leading to the bedroom, and start barking to draw Kevin toward the bedroom. We have to tell him to shut up. Buster too, has skin rashes, and I give him Benadryl everyday as it stops the itching. Each morning and night I give him a 2 pills and it works.
I take the pill, and wrap it up in a meat that I purchase called "Braunschweiger" which is made from liver and bacon, and it comes in a tube like a pate'. It is soft and I make a small ball out of it and put the pill in the center. They don't even attempt to chew it.

Often when I go in the kitchen to give him his night medicine, Kevin will start going toward the bedroom and Buster cannot decide if he wants the liver ball the most, or beat Kevin in the bedroom. Beating Kevin in the bedroom is his goal in life. At times Buster will bite my hand trying to get the ball quicker to dash to get to the bed room first. Buster will leap fast for the meat and run.
Buster crawls under the bed growling and barking to get positioned in, "The Bat Cave." Mention the word "Bat Cave" to him, and he gets pretty ripped up as that is sacred ground to him and he will run to the bed to protect it. When Kevin manages to beat him in the bedroom which is seldom, Buster stays mad about it and growls and barks under the bed.
Kevin will knock on the head board, and it makes Buster really mad. One night Kevin kept doing it until Buster came up on the side of the bed to bite him. Kevin would roll from side to side on the bed to fool him on which side he was on. Buster figured out which side he was on and then Kevin was not quick enough to get away from him. The last time Kevin did it, Buster came boiling out from underneath the bed and grabbed him by the arm. It was sooooooooooooooooooo funny. Buster looked like he was a hornet and someone had swatted the nest with a bat. Kevin stopped knocking on the head board so much after that night. :lol2: He will occasionally do it after he gets in the bed just to stir him up a little bit. After Kevin goes to sleep, Buster will come back in the living room with me. If Kevin gets back up, then Buster will start barking at the doorway like he is telling on him. Buster weighs 55 lbs, and if you are at the door way, he will literally run over you to get to the bed first. He is so competitive!!
He is hilarious and has a tremendous personality.
There will never be another Buster, that is for sure.
0 x

pdfangus
GURU
GURU

Postby pdfangus » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:07 pm

nesikep has the good bells on his cows with the leather strap.....

mine have the cheap bell from the feed store on a piece of chain.....
0 x
Strength is of no value if it does not have a
useful application for good.
Jim Tate
pdfangus@gmail.com

Return to “Photo Contest”