Poll "Unused Buildings"

Submit your photo today! You can be the next winner.

Poll " Unused Buildngs "

Poll ended at Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:42 pm

1:
11%
2:
8%
3:
30%
4:
No votes
5:
3%
6:
3%
7:
14%
8:
16%
9:
No votes
10:
16%

Total votes: 37

denvermartinfarms
GURU
GURU

Re: Poll "Unused Buildings"

Postby denvermartinfarms » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:03 pm

greybeard wrote:
TexasBred wrote:Can't remember the last time I saw one of those old fire towers. Didnt' know any were still standing.

Several around here too-one about 5 miles from me and was another up at Pumpkin about 12 miles east that they layed down with a big crane and it sat there for years before someone came in and cut it up for scrap. I wanted to buy it and set it up on my place but the cost of the crane and moving it was waay too much for my pocket.

Great pics. I can't help but look at pics like these and think of the work that went in to them--especially ones like the brick building. I seen lots of them riding a train across Texas one time--on a train, you see the back side of people's lives--kinda like driving down an alley behind a subdivision full of fancy houses all neat and pretty in the front and full of all kinds of stuff in the back along the alley, where nothing much drives but the trash pick up truck.
The dust of our lives that we leave behind....

Lot of people want those towers now. You can't get one for much under 25000$.
0 x
This world is not my home i'm just passing through

alisonb
GURU
GURU

Postby alisonb » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:27 am

0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:53 pm

denvermartinfarms wrote:Lot of people want those towers now. You can't get one for much under 25000$.

Seems like it would be awfully expensive dismantling a tower, hauling it to your location and putting it back up. Might be worth that "delivered and installed".
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

Return to “Photo Contest”