WTH

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: WTH

Postby jehosofat » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:00 am

I'm getting bored with this one, I'm ready for a new story.
2 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:49 am

True Grit Farms wrote:And I'd say 47 lbs of energy isn't enough to penetrate a wall, but I won't because I honestly don't know. There's more to this story than we know.
it was a utility shed. Most folks don't sleep in them where I'm from.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:21 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:
kenny thomas wrote:I'm not a bit interested in the pistol, I want some of the 9mm ammo that can travel 1000ft and still have enough power to go through a wall. Powerful ammo so I guess it it takes a Wilson to hold up to it.

I was way off with the distance...it was over 3000 ft...the shot could have been fatal if it were a direct hit in the head at that distance. Son said the hole was at his head level...he's tall. Anywho, who knew. The topography of the land out there would favor how the bullet were to hit too...Since there is a creek running between the properties, the neighbors land is higher than my daughters house. Should make everyone more aware of where their bullets are going...that's a long way for a stray..

He must have been sitting on a mountain when he pulled that trigger then. The drop of a 9mm round in it's last 20 ft of travel (from 990ft distance to 1010 ft) is 16 FEET!
The bullet took 5.11 seconds to travel the 1000 yards. It reached a height of 110 feet at 583 yards from the shooter. It arrived at a velocity of 377 fps.

This first graph shows the height in inches from the point of aim. At the target the bullet is hitting over 2900 inches low. That is over 240 feet below the point of aim!

Total drop for 1000 yards is 241 feet.
In this graph the rate of descent at the 1000 yard mark is shown. That is nearly 11 inches of additional drop for each yard of travel.

http://blog.joehuffman.org/2014/08/12/1 ... -with-9mm/
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:48 pm

Well I was impressed at 1000ft and now it's 3000ft. And here I have spent money needlessly on a long range 6.5x284 Norma and big scope hoping to shoot 1000yd. I could have just bought a Wilson 9mm instead.
1 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:12 pm

kenny thomas wrote:Well I was impressed at 1000ft and now it's 3000ft. And here I have spent money needlessly on a long range 6.5x284 Norma and big scope hoping to shoot 1000yd. I could have just bought a Wilson 9mm instead.

You probably can't afford one either.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:44 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
kenny thomas wrote:Well I was impressed at 1000ft and now it's 3000ft. And here I have spent money needlessly on a long range 6.5x284 Norma and big scope hoping to shoot 1000yd. I could have just bought a Wilson 9mm instead.

You probably can't afford one either.

Yep, because only certain people here have any $$ or assets... :roll:
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

Covet Not!

Cross-7
GURU
GURU

Postby Cross-7 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:21 pm

One time at BANNED camp warning !
:D :D :D

I bought a new limflex Bull last year.
He was 16 months old and just a long legged kid.
A year later he’s still very lean looking and tall.
I’ve got my first calf crop out of him and he put the leg and height on them. I’m hoping the cows will put the width and weight on them but do so far they are built like a thoroughbred.
I’m anxious to see the how they grow out but I’m thinking I need more bull power. Everything is bred back to him so I have at least one more round out of him.
I think I probably need to go straight limousine and stay away from the limflex.
The angus x limousine a bad cross ?
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:43 pm

M-5 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:And I'd say 47 lbs of energy isn't enough to penetrate a wall, but I won't because I honestly don't know. There's more to this story than we know.

I can almost throw a rock a hit one where they do. a 9mm would go plumb through it.but a lot of folks around here, just need a hole to crawl in....to call home..
0 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:04 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:
M-5 wrote:

I can almost throw a rock a hit one where they do. a 9mm would go plumb through it.but a lot of folks around here, just need a hole to crawl in....to call home..

I had explained that they are going to build a house in the near future. BUt until then, they bought a small office building, that looks like the barn shaped ones you get at HD...BUt, I think this one was built by some Mennonites and is finished inside. They did not want to add anything to the house that couldn't be taken off because it would just be wasted on what will probably be a cabin or shop later on, its small and a house she had built when she graduated college and started teaching. I'd say it equals a one bedroom apartment right now and her daughter just turned 4 and she knows it will be at least a year before they can build so this is what she's done... They added it to the back of the house. Soon as they build and move, that can be sold just as it was when she bought it..
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:04 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:
ALACOWMAN wrote:
M-5 wrote: it was a utility shed. Most folks don't sleep in them where I'm from.

I had explained that they are going to build a house in the near future. BUt until then, they bought a small office building, that looks like the barn shaped ones you get at HD...BUt, I think this one was built by some Mennonites and is finished inside. They did not want to add anything to the house that couldn't be taken off because it would just be wasted on what will probably be a cabin or shop later on, its small and a house she had built when she graduated college and started teaching. I'd say it equals a one bedroom apartment right now and her daughter just turned 4 and she knows it will be at least a year before they can build so this is what she's done... They added it to the back of the house. Soon as they build and move, that can be sold just as it was when she bought it..

That stuff don't matter, all anyone wants in this thread is a Wilson 9 :lol2:
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:09 pm

If I had a do over,instead of building my cabin aka dog house.. I'd look into one myself...some are pretty neat..especially the two story ones..
0 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:36 pm

jehosofat wrote:I'm getting bored with this one, I'm ready for a new story.

Your wish is my command.

I picked up a hitchhiker the other day on I-75 and it was hot as hades outside. The fella was real thankful and told me that I was one in a million because most everyone who sees a hitchhiker automatically assumes they are serial killers. I just laughed and explained that I had a background in statistics and the probability of there being two serial killers in the location on the same day at the same time in the same truck was so low that you'd have better odds of being eaten by a great white shark in Lake Tahoe than that ever happening.

How was that story? Still bored?
8 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:53 pm

Prison wasn't so bad, I kind of miss the food.
2 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:04 pm

0 x

Covet Not!

Cross-7
GURU
GURU

Postby Cross-7 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:07 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:Prison wasn't so bad, I kind of miss the food.

Yup three meals a day, a roof over your head and sex whether you want it or not :D
4 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”