Safest States In America

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
sstterry
GURU
GURU

Re: Safest States In America

Post by sstterry » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:04 pm

True Grit Farms wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:27 pm
My wife shot a moccasin this morning while mowing the grass around the lake.
I hope no one was still wearing it! :lol:

haase
GURU
GURU

Post by haase » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:40 pm

SOB, you keep posting them great stats on Minnesota, you folks elected a great representative , not saying that ours is any better, but atleast he doesn't have a towel wrapped around his head, can't wait to see them Vikings stats this year. πŸ‘

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Post by Son of Butch » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:02 pm

I can't apologize for liking my home state, especially outside the 7 county metropolitan area.
But I don't view the majority of small town America as that much different than rural Minnesota.

As for the Vikes, they'll put up great stats for having one of the toughest schedules in the league
in 2019 and go 10-6 but of course they will fall short in the playoffs as usual. It's what they do.

haase
GURU
GURU

Post by haase » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:16 pm

I agree, can't wait until football season.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by True Grit Farms » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:29 pm

Son of Butch wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:02 pm
I can't apologize for liking my home state, especially outside the 7 county metropolitan area.
But I don't view the majority of small town America as that much different than rural Minnesota.

As for the Vikes, they'll put up great stats for having one of the toughest schedules in the league
in 2019 and go 10-6 but of course they will fall short in the playoffs as usual.
I think you'd find here in the south is a lot different than what your use to. I spent a lot of time in Two Harbors, MN and have a fIshing cabin in Hayward, WI. I'm fully aware how good you have it, that is till the cold sets in for months. People always tell me they can take the cold better than the heat, they've never been to Duluth in February.
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

haase
GURU
GURU

Post by haase » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:48 pm

Heading up to Spooner wi, next Saturday, for a week will spend some time in Hayward, beautiful part of the country, and great fishing.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by True Grit Farms » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:22 pm

haase wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:48 pm
Heading up to Spooner wi, next Saturday, for a week will spend some time in Hayward, beautiful part of the country, and great fishing.
Can't beat that, do you fish the Chippewa? My cousins own a candy shop on main street in Hayward, and the Lakewoods resort and golf in Cable.
https://tremblayssweetshop.com
www.lakewoodsresort.com

haase
GURU
GURU

Post by haase » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:06 pm

Have fished the flowage, this time were fishing Big McKenzie, just outside of spooner.

ChrisB
GURU
GURU

Post by ChrisB » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:30 pm

Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:29 pm

in 2019 and go 10-6 but of course they will fall short in the playoffs as usual.
I think you'd find here in the south is a lot different than what your use to. I spent a lot of time in Two Harbors, MN and have a fIshing cabin in Hayward, WI. I'm fully aware how good you have it, that is till the cold sets in for months. People always tell me they can take the cold better than the heat, they've never been to Duluth in February.
Grit, I was just down in your neck of the woods a couple weeks back. Stayed in north Georgia, but spent 1 day down by Atlanta. I was a little hesitant of going to Georgia in the end of June but that's what my wife wanted to do. We were blessed with really nice weather, mid to upper 80's most days, and think a day or two may have been low 90's but that's not too bad when your not doing any work. Had a good time just relaxing and seeing the area. Thought of getting on here and seeing if anyone in Georgia would be up for some out of towners checking out their farm & cattle but never got around to it. Only problem I had with your state was that I couldn't stop trying different BBQ joints out and ruined my diet.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Post by greybeard » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:09 pm

in 2019 and go 10-6 but of course they will fall short in the playoffs as usual. It's what they do.
I'll trade teams with you...Texans for the Vikes.

If a person is going to call somewhere home, they should always stand up for it. State, and country.
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by True Grit Farms » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:38 pm

ChrisB wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:30 pm
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:29 pm

Grit, I was just down in your neck of the woods a couple weeks back. Stayed in north Georgia, but spent 1 day down by Atlanta. I was a little hesitant of going to Georgia in the end of June but that's what my wife wanted to do. We were blessed with really nice weather, mid to upper 80's most days, and think a day or two may have been low 90's but that's not too bad when your not doing any work. Had a good time just relaxing and seeing the area. Thought of getting on here and seeing if anyone in Georgia would be up for some out of towners checking out their farm & cattle but never got around to it. Only problem I had with your state was that I couldn't stop trying different BBQ joints out and ruined my diet.
We rent a lake house in Hiwassee GA every year to beat the heat. Only 19 more days till heat relief. As long as you don't go south of the capital Atlanta isn't bad....besides the speedway traffic.

Little Cow
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by Little Cow » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:49 pm

I hope the word gets out about my state being dangerous. Quit moving here, lol! We're getting too full. Too many of the gators must be trying to stay sober because not enough drunk tourists are getting munched on this year. A couple of munchings by gators (usually it's people who drowned themselves first, but the gator takes the blame) slows the newcomers down.

Maybe part of the reason we're more dangerous is, unless there is a hurricane blowing, you can get into trouble year round. It doesn't get cold enough to keep people inside and out of trouble on the street. Plus, all that time wasted bundling up and stripping down. What do crooks do? Get inside a place and say, "Hang on, let me get my heavy coat and these gloves off so I can maneuver properly and get my finger on the trigger..." :P

Buck Randall
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by Buck Randall » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:05 pm

Little Cow wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:49 pm
Maybe part of the reason we're more dangerous is, unless there is a hurricane blowing, you can get into trouble year round. It doesn't get cold enough to keep people inside and out of trouble on the street. Plus, all that time wasted bundling up and stripping down. What do crooks do? Get inside a place and say, "Hang on, let me get my heavy coat and these gloves off so I can maneuver properly and get my finger on the trigger..." :P
Petty crime really does decrease around here in the winter. Who is going wander around town trying to snatch purses or break into cars when it's -40? You can't even get in a decent fight if you're appropriately dressed for winter. Passersby can't tell if you're wrestling or cuddling to stay warm.

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Post by Son of Butch » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:22 pm

I hope the word gets out about my state being dangerous.
If you look at the data the reason Florida is rated 48 overall for safety isn't crime (40) or gators,
but appears Floridians lack a common sense gene to cross a road without hurting themselves
or when driving it seems they're pretty careless about running into things or each other.

Mississippi is the unsafest overall, also due to road safety, seems too many there shouldn't be
allowed to drive a mule let alone a car.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Post by Caustic Burno » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:08 pm

Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:22 pm
I hope the word gets out about my state being dangerous.
If you look at the data the reason Florida is rated 48 overall for safety isn't crime (40) or gators,
but appears Floridians lack a common sense gene to cross a road without hurting themselves
or when driving it seems they're pretty careless about running into things or each other.

Mississippi is the unsafest overall, also due to road safety, seems too many there shouldn't be
allowed to drive a mule let alone a car.

Might be Mississippi ranks 50 in IQ by state.
Money doesn’t buy happiness, but the lack does buy misery.