Hey Texans - Whatever happened with Twin Peaks?

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
User avatar
SteppedInIt
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 442
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:17 pm
Location: SE Texas

Re: Hey Texans - Whatever happened with Twin Peaks?

Postby SteppedInIt » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:14 am

TexasBred wrote:Has any crime, hostage situation, terrorist attack or property takeover ever been solved on CT?? Got a lot of wanna be experts on here. :shock:


Then there are those who may be inconsiderate or just too lazy to care about what's going on, but can log on to a forum and belittle those who are concerned and engage in conversation.
0 x
"When the People fear their government there is tyranny, when government fears the people there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy
Posts: 14242
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:27 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Hey Texans - Whatever happened with Twin Peaks?

Postby backhoeboogie » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:52 am

SteppedInIt wrote:
Then there are those who may be inconsiderate or just too lazy to care about what's going on, but can log on to a forum and belittle those who are concerned and engage in conversation.


Pull up a chair steppedInIt. You're welcome to sit here at this table.
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28146
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Hey Texans - Whatever happened with Twin Peaks?

Postby TexasBred » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:21 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:
SteppedInIt wrote:
Then there are those who may be inconsiderate or just too lazy to care about what's going on, but can log on to a forum and belittle those who are concerned and engage in conversation.


Pull up a chair steppedInIt. You're welcome to sit here at this table.

Then there are those like you two who are like the little dog CB talks about from time to time.....barks constantly just to feel his a$$hole wiggle.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

User avatar
backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy
Posts: 14242
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:27 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Hey Texans - Whatever happened with Twin Peaks?

Postby backhoeboogie » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:29 pm

TexasBred wrote:
backhoeboogie wrote:
SteppedInIt wrote:
Then there are those who may be inconsiderate or just too lazy to care about what's going on, but can log on to a forum and belittle those who are concerned and engage in conversation.


Pull up a chair steppedInIt. You're welcome to sit here at this table.

Then there are those like you two who are like the little dog CB talks about from time to time.....barks constantly just to feel his a$$hole wiggle.


Speaking of barks, check out the number of posts you have. You're over 10,000 posts ahead of me and I bark a lot.

When it comes to this Waco thing, even the Rangers are shaking their heads. But you know more than they do.
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28146
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Hey Texans - Whatever happened with Twin Peaks?

Postby TexasBred » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:47 am

backhoeboogie wrote:
Speaking of barks, check out the number of posts you have. You're over 10,000 posts ahead of me and I bark a lot.

When it comes to this Waco thing, even the Rangers are shaking their heads. But you know more than they do.

I never look at post counts but actually many of my posts contain substance. You might work on that as well instead of always whining. As for 'Waco" I know only enough to know that I don't know enough to pass judgement on any of them. I do agree in the arrests, the bail, let them out when they make bail then present any evidence you have to a grand jury. If there is not enough for an indictment then you "no bill" them and let them go home. If there is enough evidence you indict and go to trial or plea bargain. That's how the system works and it doesn't take 50 bags of BS by people stating little more than their own biased opinions to get to that point. If those rangers know anything I'm sure they'll be given a subpoena to testify. If not they can keep shaking their heads.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

User avatar
Brute 23
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6263
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:59 pm
Location: South Texas Gulf Coast

Re: Hey Texans - Whatever happened with Twin Peaks?

Postby Brute 23 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:59 am

Not trying to start any thing TB buts it's easy to say they all deserve it when it's not you. What you just described is what is exactly what's wring. You stated every one is guilty until they go to grand jury. That's a huge expense and hassel. What happened to innocent until proven guilty.

Too many times law enforcement is assuming every one guilty. Those assumptions have lasting effects whether it be shooting some one by "accident", drawing there guns on law abiding citizens, or charging them with crimes for just being some where.

If you and I go in to a bar, I pull a gun and shoot the bar tender... should you be arrested just for knowing me and being there with me?
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3069
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Yantis, Texas

Re: Hey Texans - Whatever happened with Twin Peaks?

Postby hurleyjd » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:11 pm

According to a friend that lives at china springs. The owner has closed the restaurant where this started and also another at another town. Twin peaks was the name of the restaurant.
0 x

User avatar
backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy
Posts: 14242
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:27 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Hey Texans - Whatever happened with Twin Peaks?

Postby backhoeboogie » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:58 pm

TexasBred wrote:I never look at post counts but actually many of my posts contain substance. You might work on that as well instead of always whining.


I'm just looking at the bright side of things TB. Tons of PM's. Its been a while. Now I'm flooded again.
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28146
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Hey Texans - Whatever happened with Twin Peaks?

Postby TexasBred » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:59 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:
TexasBred wrote:I never look at post counts but actually many of my posts contain substance. You might work on that as well instead of always whining.


I'm just looking at the bright side of things TB. Tons of PM's. Its been a while. Now I'm flooded again.

That's good to know. It will give you a warm fuzzy feeling knowing you are so loved and people have your back. :shock: Enjoy those PMs.

Brute I'm not saying they are all guilty and I'm certainly not in law enforcement nor an attorney but seems logical to place everyone in custody and allow them to make bail. Sort of like arresting everybody at a cock fight. That's not guilty until proven innocent, it's simply an attempt to insure they'll be around for any hearings or a trial if it comes to that. Many have already been released without charges and now some of those will probably file civil suits.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

fenceman
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1778
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:38 pm
Location: Florence tx

Re: Hey Texans - Whatever happened with Twin Peaks?

Postby fenceman » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:11 pm

Tb you do realize that if you are arrested and place bond, then a grand jury no bills your case. You don't get that bond money back.
Or the job, career you may have lost.
I'm sorry but law enforcement needs to do their due diligence to make sure they don't do harm to the life of innocent people. We are all expected to do our jobs even though sometimes it's difficult. That applies to police and government employees to.
0 x
You can all go to he//.
I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28146
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Hey Texans - Whatever happened with Twin Peaks?

Postby TexasBred » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:02 am

fenceman wrote:Tb you do realize that if you are arrested and place bond, then a grand jury no bills your case. You don't get that bond money back.
Or the job, career you may have lost.
I'm sorry but law enforcement needs to do their due diligence to make sure they don't do harm to the life of innocent people. We are all expected to do our jobs even though sometimes it's difficult. That applies to police and government employees to.


Can I get my bail money back?

Yes, you can normally get your bail money back no matter if you are convicted or acquitted of your charges. This applies if you pay for the entire bail and do not use a bail bond. If you get a bail bond, the bondsmen will get their full amount back, but you can not get back the 10% premium that is charged.


People that join motorcycle clubs (the notorious ones) should give more though to the potential hazards of membership (jobs etc). It is not the job of law enforcement to be concerned about your career while you ride as a "Bandito" or member of any other gang. That is personal responsibility and we each have to consider the consequences of our actions. All I know is that they were charged with engaging in criminal enterprise. Now I have no idea what that means but sounds pretty broad making the arrests all easily justified. They will all have their hearings and if the system works the guilty will be tried and hopefully found guilty and the not guilty will be freed. At least the juries will be listening to facts and not hearsay and innuendo.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

User avatar
houstoncutter
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2093
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:52 pm
Location: S.E. Texas

Re: Hey Texans - Whatever happened with Twin Peaks?

Postby houstoncutter » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:09 am

TexasBred wrote:
fenceman wrote:Tb you do realize that if you are arrested and place bond, then a grand jury no bills your case. You don't get that bond money back.
Or the job, career you may have lost.
I'm sorry but law enforcement needs to do their due diligence to make sure they don't do harm to the life of innocent people. We are all expected to do our jobs even though sometimes it's difficult. That applies to police and government employees to.


Can I get my bail money back?

Yes, you can normally get your bail money back no matter if you are convicted or acquitted of your charges. This applies if you pay for the entire bail and do not use a bail bond. If you get a bail bond, the bondsmen will get their full amount back, but you can not get back the 10% premium that is charged.


People that join motorcycle clubs (the notorious ones) should give more though to the potential hazards of membership (jobs etc). It is not the job of law enforcement to be concerned about your career while you ride as a "Bandito" or member of any other gang. That is personal responsibility and we each have to consider the consequences of our actions. All I know is that they were charged with engaging in criminal enterprise. Now I have no idea what that means but sounds pretty broad making the arrests all easily justified. They will all have their hearings and if the system works the guilty will be tried and hopefully found guilty and the not guilty will be freed. At least the juries will be listening to facts and not hearsay and innuendo.



Spot on. I know folks that ride with their clubs all over the state each weekend when the weather permits. They all said they wouldn't be making that trip cause they figured their would be trouble.
0 x

fenceman
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1778
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:38 pm
Location: Florence tx

Re: Hey Texans - Whatever happened with Twin Peaks?

Postby fenceman » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:58 pm

What they oughta due is write everyone in the country a ticket for failing to use their turn signal. Everyone's who has a driver license has probably done it right?
Once you take the day off, go to court and prove you never have failed to signal, you can get the ticket dropped.
0 x
You can all go to he//.
I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28146
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Hey Texans - Whatever happened with Twin Peaks?

Postby TexasBred » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:39 pm

fenceman wrote:What they oughta due is write everyone in the country a ticket for failing to use their turn signal. Everyone's who has a driver license has probably done it right?
Once you take the day off, go to court and prove you never have failed to signal, you can get the ticket dropped.

Tried something similar when I was a teenager. Told the HP I left my license at home. He wrote me a ticket and told me to take my license to the JP office and they would void the ticket. I paid the ticket. Then he stopped me about 2 weeks later and asked me if I had my license. I confessed that I had lied and he confessed that he knew I was lieing all the time adn really didn't care if I ever got a license but it was gonna cost me $16.50 everytime he saw me. I went the next week and got that $3.00 drivers license.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

fenceman
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1778
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:38 pm
Location: Florence tx

Re: Hey Texans - Whatever happened with Twin Peaks?

Postby fenceman » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:49 pm

I knew you was a outlaw.. :D
0 x
You can all go to he//.
I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett


Return to “Every Thing Else Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TennesseeTuxedo and 5 guests