Pay no attention to this post

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
alisonb
GURU
GURU

Re: Pay no attention to this post

Postby alisonb » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:22 am

"A ten-year-old mattress weighs double what it did when it was new due to debris that it absorbs over time. That debris includes dust mites (their droppings and decaying bodies), mold, millions of dead skin cells, dandruff, animal and human hair, secretions, excretions, lint, pollen, dust, soil, sand, and a lot of perspiration, which the average person loses at a rate of a quart a day. Good night!"

:yuck: :yuck:
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:46 pm

alisonb wrote:"A ten-year-old mattress weighs double what it did when it was new due to debris that it absorbs over time. That debris includes dust mites (their droppings and decaying bodies), mold, millions of dead skin cells, dandruff, animal and human hair, secretions, excretions, lint, pollen, dust, soil, sand, and a lot of perspiration, which the average person loses at a rate of a quart a day. Good night!"

Did you say "a ten year old's mattress"? That is why I never lay down on a kids bed...... they are dirty little critters :D
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:36 pm

alisonb wrote:"A ten-year-old mattress weighs double what it did when it was new due to debris that it absorbs over time. That debris includes dust mites (their droppings and decaying bodies), mold, millions of dead skin cells, dandruff, animal and human hair, secretions, excretions, lint, pollen, dust, soil, sand, and a lot of perspiration, which the average person loses at a rate of a quart a day. Good night!"

You rascal. I could have gone the rest of my life without reading that. Now I'll probably stay awake all night feeling little microscopic critters on me. :yuck:
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:19 pm

Lies, lies, lies, everyone weigh your mattresses and report back in 10 years.
0 x

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:35 pm

Our daughter got a good case of bedbugs at her apartment a few years ago, so my wife insisted we put airtight covers on every mattress in the house. I can guarantee ours don't have all that.
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:08 pm

plastic mattress covers?
Oh No!!! :help: :cry2:
Don't you realize you're sleeping on a simple molecule away from artificial butter??
:roll:
(well, not really a 'simple' molecule.. )
:lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:40 pm

greybeard wrote:plastic mattress covers?
Oh No!!! :help: :cry2:
Don't you realize you're sleeping on a simple molecule away from artificial butter??
:roll:
(well, not really a 'simple' molecule.. )
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've slept on worse, and you probably have too.
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

alisonb
GURU
GURU

Postby alisonb » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:46 am

:lol: :lol:

BTW, You know one can't reach their elbow with their tongue :P
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:41 am

Even Gene Simmons?
0 x

alisonb
GURU
GURU

Postby alisonb » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:55 am

He could possibly manage. Did you try? If you did, don't feel lonely :lol:
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:25 am

My husband asked me the other day if I knew how it felt to be dead.. I looked at him, probably said some sort of smartallic reply...but then he said. What did it feel like before you were born? :???:
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:29 pm

Rafter S wrote:Our daughter got a good case of bedbugs at her apartment a few years ago, so my wife insisted we put airtight covers on every mattress in the house. I can guarantee ours don't have all that.

Could you hear those critters screaming and scratching as they suffocated?? :lol2: :lol2:
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:34 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Rafter S wrote:Our daughter got a good case of bedbugs at her apartment a few years ago, so my wife insisted we put airtight covers on every mattress in the house. I can guarantee ours don't have all that.

Could you hear those critters screaming and scratching as they suffocated?? :lol2: :lol2:

When helping our daughter deal with the problem we were very careful not to transfer them to our house, so I don't believe the airtight mattress covers were really necessary, but I've been married long enough that I kept that opinion to myself.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:40 pm

Rafter S wrote:
TexasBred wrote:

When helping our daughter deal with the problem we were very careful not to transfer them to our house, so I don't believe the airtight mattress covers were really necessary, but I've been married long enough that I kept that opinion to myself.

wisdom...
Last edited by greybeard on Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:12 pm

Reckon I've slept on worse in some rig bunkhouses. I've seen guys sleep with no shower and no sheet on those mattresses
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”