Opened A New Feed Store

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
FlyingLSimmentals
GURU
GURU

Re: Opened A New Feed Store

Postby FlyingLSimmentals » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:45 am

I'll check it out the next time I'm in Clarksville. Best of luck with it.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:11 am

Congrats and good luck... Do C.T. members get discounts ???????? :cboy: ;-)
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Ol' 243
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Ol' 243 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:39 am

What exit off of I-24? I'll be coming through there on Thursday, I'd love to check it out.
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:42 am

Ol' 243 wrote:What exit off of I-24? I'll be coming through there on Thursday, I'd love to check it out.

The "fastest" way would probably take exit 11 and go around the bypass until you hit the big intersection where you would turn left on HWY 48/13. Go a couple of miles until you cross the Cumberland River and we will be on your left! Hope to see you soon.
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:43 am

skyhightree1 wrote:Congrats and good luck... Do C.T. members get discounts ???????? :cboy: ;-)

Absolutely!! :cboy:
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:46 am

TN Cattle Man wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:Congrats and good luck... Do C.T. members get discounts ???????? :cboy: ;-)

Absolutely!! :cboy:

:lol2: If I ever find my way out there I will look you up. :tiphat:
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:49 am

Sounds good Sky!
0 x

cattle60
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby cattle60 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:41 am

Good Luck on the new venture. Glad a son is in it with you.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:56 pm

Well I found myself within 30 miles of the Diamond H Farm & Feed Store today so I decide to take a little detour and visit Brian for an hour or so. Every time we tried to sit down and discuss his product line an actual paying customer would call his phone or walk in the front door looking for assistance. I'd say he and his son have a good thing going and they should do exceptional well.

I urge all you CT members in south central Kentucky and northern middle TN to stop by and check things out.

Oh, and that 72" Dixie Chopper is one heck of a mowing machine.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

NECowboy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby NECowboy » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:58 pm

I wish I lived even remotely close to or had relatives nearby the feed store so I could go visit it. I get sick of Tractor Supply, Orscheln's, not having what I need and the salespeople not having much knowledge. That's where I try to buy as much as I can local at the independently owned stores. You know that TN Cattle Man will carry good products and have what you are looking for where he has been and still is a rancher presumably most all his life. Moreover he'll understand your operation and what he can do to help your operation product and equipment wise cuz he's been there himself. And to me that makes for one heck of a store! Best of luck Brian, I don't think you'll have any trouble with your background and sounds like also great product line!
0 x
"So guess I'll stay right where I'm at, wear my boots and my cowboy hat...I gotta live my life and write my songs beneath these western skies" - Chris LeDoux, Western Skies

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:27 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:Well I found myself within 30 miles of the Diamond H Farm & Feed Store today so I decide to take a little detour and visit Brian for an hour or so. Every time we tried to sit down and discuss his product line an actual paying customer would call his phone or walk in the front door looking for assistance. I'd say he and his son have a good thing going and they should do exceptional well.

I urge all you CT members in south central Kentucky and northern middle TN to stop by and check things out.

Oh, and that 72" Dixie Chopper is one heck of a mowing machine.

Thanks for the kind words Larry! It was a pleasure sitting down with you today... I look forward to the day when we can just meet at the farm and have a social visit without all the distractions.
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:30 pm

NECowboy wrote:I wish I lived even remotely close to or had relatives nearby the feed store so I could go visit it. I get sick of Tractor Supply, Orscheln's, not having what I need and the salespeople not having much knowledge. That's where I try to buy as much as I can local at the independently owned stores. You know that TN Cattle Man will carry good products and have what you are looking for where he has been and still is a rancher presumably most all his life. Moreover he'll understand your operation and what he can do to help your operation product and equipment wise cuz he's been there himself. And to me that makes for one heck of a store! Best of luck Brian, I don't think you'll have any trouble with your background and sounds like also great product line!

Thanks NECowboy!
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:47 pm

What kind of pocket knives do you carry? A few Moore Maker knives are on my shopping list.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

NECowboy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby NECowboy » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:49 pm

TN Cattle Man wrote: I look forward to the day when we can just meet at the farm and have a social visit without all the distractions.

Yeah work is like that especially with a well run business, a little chaotic, that's why I have a secretary that sets appointments so I can focus and help one person to the fullest at a time and I like to get in super early to get the work done without distractions, but something about working with cattle even if they are angry, stressed, bellowing, misbehaving is relaxing and helps me deal better with the chaos at work and put it all into perspective! Chaos at work is good though it means people are calling, stopping in, you're making money!!

Do you have a flyer with weekly, biweekly deals? One of our local hardware stores here does that (but not feed store) and it is fantastic. It builds excitement about current and new products, gets your name out there in front of people on a regular basis, and people always like to feel they got a great deal. An even cheaper way might be to do this with email list - I know I get emails from Orschelns several times a week (but they are a big company) but I know a lot of the older farmers and ranchers around here would not use email so that would only be limited at best.
0 x
"So guess I'll stay right where I'm at, wear my boots and my cowboy hat...I gotta live my life and write my songs beneath these western skies" - Chris LeDoux, Western Skies

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:28 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:What kind of pocket knives do you carry? A few Moore Maker knives are on my shopping list.

Haven't decided on what to carry just yet... still investigating all the options. I will check out the Moore Maker brand. Will probably start with the Case knives and grow it from there.
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”