Few hours of free time and this is what I do

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
j_20
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Few hours of free time and this is what I do

Postby j_20 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:15 pm

I've been thinking about building a few pig and sheep sheds out of some pallets if you get around to that sky I'd defiantly like to see some pics.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:11 pm

j_20 wrote:I've been thinking about building a few pig and sheep sheds out of some pallets if you get around to that sky I'd defiantly like to see some pics.

Will be sure to take some pics most the time for goats and calves I get old totes and cut them for housing. I will make my shelter out of wood I have only buy hardware to build it and see what I can come up with.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

JW IN VA
Rancher
Rancher

Postby JW IN VA » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:30 pm

wacocowboy wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:Sky's man cave or maybe a tack room to store all of the stuff for those horses he loves.

You need to be whooped with a peach limb

TexasBred wrote:
Where does your bed go?? :hide:

I truly thought about putting a hammock in there :lol2:

Lol

Biggest "doghouse"I ever saw. :hide: :)
0 x
Not everything your neighbors do is wrong-Not everything they do is right,either.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:07 am

JW IN VA wrote:
Biggest "doghouse"I ever saw. :hide: :)

:shock:
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:11 pm

Here is the mock up. Debating on using shingles I got left over or using other pallets wood by taking them apart and putting the pieces in between the other pieces of wood.
0 x

RanchMan90
GURU
GURU

Postby RanchMan90 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:33 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:Here is the mock up. Debating on using shingles I got left over or using other pallets wood by taking them apart and putting the pieces in between the other pieces of wood.

Looks functional. Old tin would look good on there. I had a few of those structures starting out with sheep. Only lasted a few years, but got me out of a bind at the time.
0 x
The secret to getting ahead is getting started ~ Mark Twain

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:12 am

RanchMan90 wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:Here is the mock up. Debating on using shingles I got left over or using other pallets wood by taking them apart and putting the pieces in between the other pieces of wood.

Looks functional. Old tin would look good on there. I had a few of those structures starting out with sheep. Only lasted a few years, but got me out of a bind at the time.

Thanks yea for the 10.00 I have invested in nails if I get a few years usage out of it I'd be really happy. I will be making more though.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:49 pm

j_20 wrote:I've been thinking about building a few pig and sheep sheds out of some pallets if you get around to that sky I'd defiantly like to see some pics.

All scraps nothing purchased.. The board across the top is twisted but still used it anyway... The top will be pallets with 2x4's in between

0 x

ranchersswiss
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby ranchersswiss » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:07 pm

Wow! This is nice. This will take all of your time though just building something.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon May 08, 2017 9:52 am

Worked on it a little more after it finished raining. I put up some more fencing and worked on the shelter more. I should have it done by the weekend. I think I may leave the sides open so that wind can circulate through there.The roof I will put on then tar paper 30# will have 25 bucks tied up into it.

0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Mon May 08, 2017 9:56 am

that corner is not built too spec , but I don't build fences for a living so I could be wrong
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon May 08, 2017 11:01 am

M-5 wrote:that corner is not built too spec , but I don't build fences for a living so I could be wrong

I figured for a 3' fence with electric on the inside it was ok to not build to spec :lol:
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Mon May 08, 2017 3:59 pm

the outside corner looks like a dandy post for bulls to rub on!
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon May 08, 2017 4:45 pm

Nesikep wrote:the outside corner looks like a dandy post for bulls to rub on!

No bulls there lol
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:57 am

Not sure if you are still around but heres a few pics I am done for the most part but will put tar paper on the roof.

Next I plan on building a goat house out of pallets but that will be when it cools down
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”