fertilizer values

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
M-5
GURU
GURU

Re: fertilizer values

Postby M-5 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:10 am

tja477t wrote:
M-5 wrote:I just ordered a load of fert this morning 60# n -0 - 60# K 325.00 a ton and need 4.5ton on the 30 acres im doing

i wanted to buy 60-0-60 since my soil test says i dont require any phosphorus. i just dont understand how much N and K are in it since you cant get 60#n and 60#k out of 100 lbs. of fertilizer unless they are using "new math". normally fertilizer is based on percentages such as 23-12-18 which would contain 23%n so i would get 460 lbs nitrogen in one ton.

I had the fertilizer guy try and explain to me yesterday. My soil test said I needed 100N 200K he recommended breaking it up into 3 applications. This first application is 60N 60K the blend is 20-0-20 to get the prescribed amount it was applied at 300# per acre. I realize this is pretty basic to most but My mind works different and all the years of putting out Fertilizer growing up it was never explained cause we just called the coop and told them how many acres we need to do , they pulled the soil test and figured everything back then. Now that I'm writing the check I have to know how it works.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby dieselbeef » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:29 am

ok so heres another one for ya...

since its dry as a desert here ..liquid fert or dry fert.. no rain in sght.....everything else being equal which one
0 x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

sooner or later im gonna be all beefmasters...probly be later

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:36 am

dieselbeef wrote:ok so heres another one for ya...

since its dry as a desert here ..liquid fert or dry fert.. no rain in sght.....everything else being equal which one

Both require what your lacking IMO ..........................................Moisture
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby dieselbeef » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:38 am

hence my holding off..its past time
0 x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

sooner or later im gonna be all beefmasters...probly be later

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:42 am

dieselbeef wrote:hence my holding off..its past time

Yes , same here I should have fertilized 3 weeks ago but we had no moisture, got 5/10th sunday and a fair chance today so I rolled the dice yesterday
0 x

tja477t
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby tja477t » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:56 pm

we dont put down any fertilizer that contains nitrogen unless we are going to have a light rain. i realize in some parts of the country that probably cant happen but in Maine we usually dont have to wait long
0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:27 pm

dieselbeef wrote:ok so heres another one for ya...

I use NutriSphere whenever I put out nitrogen. IMO, its cheap insurance.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

tja477t
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby tja477t » Tue May 02, 2017 11:21 am

[/quote]I use NutriSphere whenever I put out nitrogen. IMO, its cheap insurance.[/quote]
ive never heard of it. on the website it doesnt look like it is available in Maine.
0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Tue May 02, 2017 6:05 pm

I was a little doubtful when it first came out but after seeing how it did during a drought I was pretty well sold. If you get a chance to use it don't be scared because it really seems to help.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Fri May 05, 2017 6:17 pm

Jogeephus wrote:I was a little doubtful when it first came out but after seeing how it did during a drought I was pretty well sold. If you get a chance to use it don't be scared because it really seems to help.

Is it for urea.
0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Fri May 05, 2017 9:44 pm

hurleyjd wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:I was a little doubtful when it first came out but after seeing how it did during a drought I was pretty well sold. If you get a chance to use it don't be scared because it really seems to help.

Is it for urea.

That's what I use it on.
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”