Looking for opinions about vehicles

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
houstoncutter
GURU
GURU

Re: Looking for opinions about vehicles

Postby houstoncutter » Thu May 25, 2017 10:27 pm

As someone who has a Dodge, Ford, and Chevy trucks, just let me say. I'd rather have a sister working in a cathouse than have another Dodge. Great motors and trannies and rest is junk.
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Thu May 25, 2017 10:38 pm

houstoncutter wrote:As someone who has a Dodge, Ford, and Chevy trucks, just let me say. I'd rather have a sister working in a cathouse than have another Dodge. Great motors and trannies and rest is junk.

:pop: three..... two..... one.....
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Fri May 26, 2017 8:19 am

houstoncutter wrote:As someone who has a Dodge, Ford, and Chevy trucks, just let me say. I'd rather have a sister working in a cathouse than have another Dodge. Great motors and trannies and rest is junk.

Well i still haven't fully decided what to do. I was getting set to put the money into it. Once in the last 3 weeks since having it fixed I turned the key and nothing happened. Turned again and it started right up. Yesterday I turned the key and nothing. Turned it off and it did the same thing as before...kept my key and showed to be in reverse for about 3 seconds, then switched to park and released my key. I looked at the lease road again. No way could a car go down any of them.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri May 26, 2017 9:29 am

Cars or suvs my choices Toyota Nissan Honda Hyundai even makes a good one too
Trucks - FORD - There is no other .. There is only fakes trying to be a Ford.
End of discussion lets lock this one down.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri May 26, 2017 9:41 am

skyhightree1 wrote:Cars or suvs my choices Toyota Nissan Honda Hyundai even makes a good one too

HOld on a minute HOSS , DO I need to search and find the picture of your hog pen and the vehicle that says , "im an SUV, No Im a truck, No Im a transgender vehicle" you drive.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:05 am

M-5 wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:Cars or suvs my choices Toyota Nissan Honda Hyundai even makes a good one too

HOld on a minute HOSS , DO I need to search and find the picture of your hog pen and the vehicle that says , "im an SUV, No Im a truck, No Im a transgender vehicle" you drive.

Hey bud everyone makes mistakes... :D That is the biggest POS I ever owned :yuck: . No transgender vehicle its a transport big ticket customer vehicle in comfort and what is deemed as style :lol: Everything else is a ford though :D
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:08 am

skyhightree1 wrote:
M-5 wrote:

Hey bud everyone makes mistakes... :D That is the biggest POS I ever owned :yuck: . No transgender vehicle its a transport big ticket customer vehicle in comfort and what is deemed as style :lol: Everything else is a ford though :D

so its a do as I say and not as I do thing . are your running for political office yet ??
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:17 am

M-5 wrote:
so its a do as I say and not as I do thing . are your running for political office yet ??

My office run starts next year :lol:
0 x

tja477t
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby tja477t » Tue May 30, 2017 7:27 am

Brute 23 wrote:Just keep in mind running two vehicles is not cheap. There are benefits to having two, but it is a luxury. The amount you save in fuel economy or what ever else on one will not make up for the 2 sets of tires, two insurance payments, etc. If you want to drive new vehicles drive new vehicles. If you want to drive used, drive used. At the end of the day they all cost the same... its just a matter of how and when you can tolerate to pay it.

you cant really count tires as an extra expense. i actually think of buying car tires for my little beater as a savings. they are a lot cheaper than the 18" tires on my truck. im putting tires on my car for about a third the cost and they last as long or longer.
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:52 am

tja477t wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:Just keep in mind running two vehicles is not cheap. There are benefits to having two, but it is a luxury. The amount you save in fuel economy or what ever else on one will not make up for the 2 sets of tires, two insurance payments, etc. If you want to drive new vehicles drive new vehicles. If you want to drive used, drive used. At the end of the day they all cost the same... its just a matter of how and when you can tolerate to pay it.

you cant really count tires as an extra expense. i actually think of buying car tires for my little beater as a savings. they are a lot cheaper than the 18" tires on my truck. im putting tires on my car for about a third the cost and they last as long or longer.

Its straight forward math. If you take the cost per mile to operate a truck and subtract the cost per mile to operate the little car... that difference has to pay for the little car and put cash in your pocket for it to be worth while. That is very rare in that instance. You have to be buying very expensive trucks and really cheap, like $2K, cars.
0 x

Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Tue May 30, 2017 8:13 am

We just traded my wife's Suburban in on a Subaru Outback. The cost of ownership for the Suburban was really close to $1,200/month over 4 years. The cost of ownership for the Subaru (if depreciation rates stay close to what they are today) should be around $500/month. Those figures are bumper to bumper expenses with resale value deducted, and do not take into account any interest, should you be paying it. I'm pretty confident that this little car (the first car I've ever owned) would go anywhere that a ton truck would go. IF my wife would go on vacation and leave the keys here, I'll be sure to test that theory.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:38 am

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:We just traded my wife's Suburban in on a Subaru Outback. The cost of ownership for the Suburban was really close to $1,200/month over 4 years. The cost of ownership for the Subaru (if depreciation rates stay close to what they are today) should be around $500/month. Those figures are bumper to bumper expenses with resale value deducted, and do not take into account any interest, should you be paying it. I'm pretty confident that this little car (the first car I've ever owned) would go anywhere that a ton truck would go. IF my wife would go on vacation and leave the keys here, I'll be sure to test that theory.

That's different. Yall saved money by downsizing. Not running 2 vehicles.

How many miles per month is that on average?
0 x

Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Tue May 30, 2017 9:45 am

Brute 23 wrote:
Farm Fence Solutions wrote:We just traded my wife's Suburban in on a Subaru Outback. The cost of ownership for the Suburban was really close to $1,200/month over 4 years. The cost of ownership for the Subaru (if depreciation rates stay close to what they are today) should be around $500/month. Those figures are bumper to bumper expenses with resale value deducted, and do not take into account any interest, should you be paying it. I'm pretty confident that this little car (the first car I've ever owned) would go anywhere that a ton truck would go. IF my wife would go on vacation and leave the keys here, I'll be sure to test that theory.

She averages 2,200 miles/month on the grocery getter. She also has a ton truck for farm/fence/delivery work.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Tue May 30, 2017 3:14 pm

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:

She averages 2,200 miles/month on the grocery getter. She also has a ton truck for farm/fence/delivery work.

$500 is pretty low. I can see the $1200 on 2200 miles because that is right around that .50$ mark but $500 is a hair over .20$ per mile. $3 gas at 20mpg is .15$ already.
0 x

Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Tue May 30, 2017 4:23 pm

Brute 23 wrote:
Farm Fence Solutions wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:

$500 is pretty low. I can see the $1200 on 2200 miles because that is right around that .50$ mark but $500 is a hair over .20$ per mile. $3 gas at 20mpg is .15$ already.

We burn $2 gas and it gets 33 mpg. :cowboy: I looked back on my notes, and it worked out to $591/month.
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”