Other Farm Income

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
boondocks
GURU
GURU

Re: Other Farm Income

Postby boondocks » Mon May 08, 2017 9:51 pm

TexasBred wrote:Got oil and gas production on 3 different properties. Not work and not all on the farm but good to have. Price sucks !!!

Have gotten approached by one of those companies to put up solar panel "fields"; ignored them. I'm all for solar and wind energy but don't want the fields ruined. Of course, if they'd offered more $... :lol:
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue May 09, 2017 8:59 am

boondocks wrote:
TexasBred wrote:Got oil and gas production on 3 different properties. Not work and not all on the farm but good to have. Price sucks !!!

Have gotten approached by one of those companies to put up solar panel "fields"; ignored them. I'm all for solar and wind energy but don't want the fields ruined. Of course, if they'd offered more $... :lol:

Solar farms usually take up large amounts of acreage basically limiting it's use to nothing but solar panels. I won't ever have any regardless of the money. Not worth the destruction of the property.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Tue May 09, 2017 1:17 pm

TexasBred wrote:
boondocks wrote:

Solar farms usually take up large amounts of acreage basically limiting it's use to nothing but solar panels. I won't ever have any regardless of the money. Not worth the destruction of the property.

Exactly. We do have a few wind farms nearby, and the farmers are still able to use (most of) the fields
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue May 09, 2017 3:32 pm

boondocks wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
boondocks wrote:

Exactly. We do have a few wind farms nearby, and the farmers are still able to use (most of) the fields

Wind farm start about 50 40 miles west of me and continue to West Texas and Texas Panhandle. We have lots of wind but just no wind farms yet.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Tue May 09, 2017 5:14 pm

Well, I got some watermelon seed in the ground today! Will plant again tomorrow before the rains come again on Thursday. My timing just might be OK this year.
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

chevytaHOE5674
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby chevytaHOE5674 » Sun May 14, 2017 8:48 pm

Other than cattle, I sell hay, custom mow/rake/bale for people, do some misc tractor/skid steer work, do some equipment repair, etc. If I can make a buck at it I will give it a shot.
0 x

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Sun May 14, 2017 8:57 pm

boondocks wrote:

What about the Telsa solar roof panels.
https://www.tesla.com/solarroof
0 x

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Mon May 15, 2017 11:03 am

We sell hay, mostly square bales to some horse people and some Llama people, do custom bush hogging and make hay for one farmer. Then work full time off farm jobs.
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Mon May 15, 2017 4:46 pm

I get a pension check that just started coming to the mail box at the farm. Does that count?
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon May 15, 2017 6:52 pm

Dave wrote:I get a pension check that just started coming to the mail box at the farm. Does that count?

Darn right it does !!!!
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”