Dying Young in Kentucky

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
ChrisB
GURU
GURU

Re: Dying Young in Kentucky

Postby ChrisB » Wed May 10, 2017 12:12 pm

No matter how poor a person is there is always enough money for a bag of chips, a pack of smokes, and a couple lottery tickets.
0 x

FlyingLSimmentals
GURU
GURU

Postby FlyingLSimmentals » Fri May 12, 2017 10:38 pm

Title of this thread brought some memories back. My brothers and I would talk as kids and joke around and such. Remember my older brother joking around how the Good Die Young, dipping Skoal or whatever name brand just being a young teen. Remember him saying I'd probably just live to 38 and Michael your probably live to 83 or something old. Wish he could have been right could of had my older brother for 23 more years. April 29th is usually a pretty tough day surprisingly it went by without me giving it a thought on that day. Must have been real busy. Sorry for posting off topic. Just felt like sharing.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri May 12, 2017 10:49 pm

FlyingLSimmentals wrote:Title of this thread brought some memories back. My brothers and I would talk as kids and joke around and such. Remember my older brother joking around how the Good Die Young, dipping Skoal or whatever name brand just being a young teen. Remember him saying I'd probably just live to 38 and Michael your probably live to 83 or something old. Wish he could have been right could of had my older brother for 23 more years. April 29th is usually a pretty tough day surprisingly it went by without me giving it a thought on that day. Must have been real busy. Sorry for posting off topic. Just felt like sharing.

Thank you for sharing. I have 3 brothers and a sister. We are all still alive. I remember sitting in a dormitory room as a freshman. There were about 5 of us talking about our aspirations. Someone said they wanted to be a Doctor. Someone said an Engineer, etc. I said I just wanted to live to be 50. I made it.
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Sat May 13, 2017 10:13 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
kenny thomas wrote:Many things have changed, first off we never had junk food. Barely had enough to eat. And if I acted a little lazy dad would hand me a hoe and say go to the tobacco patch. Any extra calories I could have gotten would have been worked off.

I still have this you should be familiar with as well. I hated hear dad tell me to go get it.

The last auction I was at there were 3 of those in a lot.. they went for nearly $300!!! They were in good shape though.

We have our share of fat arses up here, but I did find the southern states took that to a whole other level.. Checking into a hotel in Georgia there was a truck driver ahead of me, barely tall enough to see over the counter, I swear he would have been taller laying down, we was definitely into the 4wts.
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Sat May 13, 2017 10:16 am

Bright Raven wrote:
FlyingLSimmentals wrote:Title of this thread brought some memories back. My brothers and I would talk as kids and joke around and such. Remember my older brother joking around how the Good Die Young, dipping Skoal or whatever name brand just being a young teen. Remember him saying I'd probably just live to 38 and Michael your probably live to 83 or something old. Wish he could have been right could of had my older brother for 23 more years. April 29th is usually a pretty tough day surprisingly it went by without me giving it a thought on that day. Must have been real busy. Sorry for posting off topic. Just felt like sharing.

Thank you for sharing. I have 3 brothers and a sister. We are all still alive. I remember sitting in a dormitory room as a freshman. There were about 5 of us talking about our aspirations. Someone said they wanted to be a Doctor. Someone said an Engineer, etc. I said I just wanted to live to be 50. I made it.

A fellow who worked for us (a total nutjob, but friendly sort) was about 30, he would go on a new diet (raw, nuts, bluegreen algae, seeds, fruit, etc) at every whim of whatever the last book he read.. His goal was to get old. He's about 50 now, and I don't know how that's working out for him, but I will say he succeeded in LOOKING old.. he looks about 60-70 now
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sat May 13, 2017 10:53 am

Nesikep wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

A fellow who worked for us (a total nutjob, but friendly sort) was about 30, he would go on a new diet (raw, nuts, bluegreen algae, seeds, fruit, etc) at every whim of whatever the last book he read.. His goal was to get old. He's about 50 now, and I don't know how that's working out for him, but I will say he succeeded in LOOKING old.. he looks about 60-70 now

:lol:
0 x

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Sun May 14, 2017 10:44 am

kenny thomas wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Poverty and malnutrition seems like it goes hand in hand outside of the good olé US of A. Those that don't work should starve, and not be issued a handicap sticker because they're fat.

In the areas there and also many counties here in VA obesity is rapidly increasing. Even in smaller children. It's unreal how many 400 lb people I see.

:nod: :nod:
Same here, in my area, Kenny. Albemarle county doesn't seem to have the same level of obesity as my county (Greene) and some of the other surrounding counties.
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Sun May 14, 2017 10:48 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
kenny thomas wrote:Many things have changed, first off we never had junk food. Barely had enough to eat. And if I acted a little lazy dad would hand me a hoe and say go to the tobacco patch. Any extra calories I could have gotten would have been worked off.

I still have this you should be familiar with as well. I hated hear dad tell me to go get it.

Still have mine and still use it, now and then. I've gotten a Stihl version of the small Mantis tiller and use that more often.
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”