Oilfield​

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Re: Oilfield​

Postby Craig Miller » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:17 pm

0 x

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:35 pm

0 x

ohiosteve
GURU
GURU

Postby ohiosteve » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:53 pm

Thanks for posting those Craig, did you ever get that winch bed loaded? If you did I bet she was a little light in the steers!
0 x
The truest of warriors is often overlooked.

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:07 pm

In the top picture he got the mud pit loaded. He was definitely light but got it set in place. In the other he was trying to pick a mud pump. We got the crane on it. And he winches it up while the crane lifted the back end. Once he got it to break over it hauled fine. Setting it was fun. The trucking company had took two rig moves on the same days and sent their big truck to the other job.
0 x

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:49 am

"I'm gonna be your boss one day. Let me take a 2 hour rig tour so I'll know what everything is and how it works and what y'all do"
0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:12 pm

Craig Miller wrote:Image

"I'm gonna be your boss one day. Let me take a 2 hour rig tour so I'll know what everything is and how it works and what y'all do"

I may be reading this wrong but if you are referring to the changing of the guard in a family business I empathize with you and hope you have a better experience than I've had. One thing I've noticed is just cause you could swim fast in your wee years don't mean you can run daddy's business. (I have another expression for this but I sanitized it considerably for the board)

Good luck.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:02 pm

No those were this summer interns. They are all working on degrees in engineering of some type. Seeing a drilling rig for the first time ever in their lives. They will get to make the decisions and we will have to figure out how to make it work or make them understand why it wont.
0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:21 pm

Gotcha. My bad.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:31 pm

Craig Miller wrote:No those were this summer interns. They are all working on degrees in engineering of some type. Seeing a drilling rig for the first time ever in their lives. They will get to make the decisions and we will have to figure out how to make it work or make them understand why it wont.

The best thing you can do is befriend those guys. Lead them to the answer you want. Feed them the info and let them take the credit. In my experience it will pay dividends.

I have seen people try to buck those guys and "teach them a lesson". It never pays off.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

millstreaminn
Rancher
Rancher

Postby millstreaminn » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:33 am

ohiosteve wrote:I enjoy reading the oilfield talk on this site. Instead of Hi-jacking threads like I usually do (accidentally), I thought I'd try to start a thread. I know I'm just an Ohioan, but from what has been going on around here I'm starting to think Ohio is the new Texas. In town lately I've been seeing a helk of a lot of Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Canadian licence plates.
Any comments are welcome and hijacking of this thread is encouraged.

I'm in northern Pa, so not too far from you. JKLM Energy owned by Terry Pegula (he owns the Buffalo Sabres and the Buffalo Bills) is drilling exclusively in Potter County right now. They are producing natural gas from the Utica shale formation. Helmerich and Payne has their Flex 5 rigs (I thank that is what they are called) drilling in the area. Makes for a very busy hotel, which I am thankful for.
0 x
It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:00 am

millstreaminn wrote:
ohiosteve wrote:I enjoy reading the oilfield talk on this site. Instead of Hi-jacking threads like I usually do (accidentally), I thought I'd try to start a thread. I know I'm just an Ohioan, but from what has been going on around here I'm starting to think Ohio is the new Texas. In town lately I've been seeing a helk of a lot of Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Canadian licence plates.

I'm in northern Pa, so not too far from you. JKLM Energy owned by Terry Pegula (he owns the Buffalo Sabres and the Buffalo Bills) is drilling exclusively in Potter County right now. They are producing natural gas from the Utica shale formation. Helmerich and Payne has their Flex 5 rigs (I thank that is what they are called) drilling in the area. Makes for a very busy hotel, which I am thankful for.

I hope you're getting a good price on those rooms. Most hotels in West Texas get a nice price for oilfield. I was looking for a room a couple years ago in Pecos Texas and the cheapest room i could find was 450 a night and the no tell motel.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:43 am

Craig Miller wrote:
millstreaminn wrote:

I hope you're getting a good price on those rooms. Most hotels in West Texas get a nice price for oilfield. I was looking for a room a couple years ago in Pecos Texas and the cheapest room i could find was 450 a night and the no tell motel.

Would have been cheaper to just go to the "cat" house and pay for a whole night. :mrgreen: Course you probably would have had to drive to Monahans or Ft. Stockton. :cowboy:
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:13 pm

In the boom we were paying $250 a night easy... if you could find a room. We finally just booked them straight thru so we wouldn't lose them. Now... I can stay and the best of the best for $50. Easy come... easy go.

One place I stay at regularly has a tub of beer when you walk in. 2 free beers when you stay the night. :) In the boom some came with a cleaning service and a "cleaning service" ;-) also.
0 x

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:40 pm

Is there anything truthful about the article on the shale fracked wells depleting and getting weaker and not producing as they were.
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:56 pm

hurleyjd wrote:Is there anything truthful about the article on the shale fracked wells depleting and getting weaker and not producing as they were.

From day one every well produces less and less. It's like a balloon and you are slowly letting the air out. Most shale wells have an 80% decline curve in the first 6mo. "It's all about the flush" is a very common saying in the resource plays.
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”