Long treated posts in IN, KY or IL?

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
jkwilson
GURU
GURU

Re: Long treated posts in IN, KY or IL?

Postby jkwilson » Tue May 30, 2017 8:54 am

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:If you are 4 hours from Earl Park, and 3 hours from Sebree, we must be neighbors.

I reckon we are. 20 miles as the crow flies. Looks like Switz City is about halfway between us on a line.

I was looking at Green River's 4X10 PT round posts. Don't know if they stock them, but they have a price on their site.
0 x

Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Tue May 30, 2017 9:34 am

jkwilson wrote:
Farm Fence Solutions wrote:If you are 4 hours from Earl Park, and 3 hours from Sebree, we must be neighbors.

I reckon we are. 20 miles as the crow flies. Looks like Switz City is about halfway between us on a line.

I was looking at Green River's 4X10 PT round posts. Don't know if they stock them, but they have a price on their site.

They don't have any in stock. I met with the owner and manager last week about a different matter, and mentioned longer stock again. It sounded promising that GRP might start stocking longer posts for us. :D
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

jkwilson
GURU
GURU

Postby jkwilson » Tue May 30, 2017 10:54 am

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:
jkwilson wrote:

They don't have any in stock. I met with the owner and manager last week about a different matter, and mentioned longer stock again. It sounded promising that GRP might start stocking longer posts for us. :D

I've seen semis loaded with untreated posts heading for GRP on the Pennyrile/I69 and it looks like they are usually full loads of the same post so they might prefer to deal in big volume. I'd like to see the place, just out of curiosity, but I'm usually towing my boat when I'm in that area.
0 x

Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Tue May 30, 2017 12:22 pm

jkwilson wrote:
Farm Fence Solutions wrote:
jkwilson wrote:

I've seen semis loaded with untreated posts heading for GRP on the Pennyrile/I69 and it looks like they are usually full loads of the same post so they might prefer to deal in big volume. I'd like to see the place, just out of curiosity, but I'm usually towing my boat when I'm in that area.

We do a fair amount of business with them, so if you'd ever like to see the place, you are more than welcome to ride down with me sometime. They do prefer volume sales. We take a semi or two a week from there. Most importantly, what kind of boat?
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

jkwilson
GURU
GURU

Postby jkwilson » Wed May 31, 2017 12:25 am

20ft bass boat.
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”