Why are tattoos so popular?

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Why are tattoos so popular?

Postby Bigfoot » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:51 pm

Please nobody take offense to this, but if I was single, I don't think I could bring myself to date a woman with a tattoo. Her body, her choice, but it's my hang up.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:59 pm

Bigfoot wrote:Please nobody take offense to this, but if I was single, I don't think I could bring myself to date a woman with a tattoo. Her body, her choice, but it's my hang up.

Yea everybody should judge a book by it's cover , right?
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:07 pm

M-5 wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:Please nobody take offense to this, but if I was single, I don't think I could bring myself to date a woman with a tattoo. Her body, her choice, but it's my hang up.

Past performance is our best indicator of future performance.
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:16 pm

Bigfoot wrote:
M-5 wrote:

That thief on the cross might disagree.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:21 pm

M-5 wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:
M-5 wrote:Yea everybody should judge a book by it's cover , right?

That thief on the cross might disagree.

I also couldn't date a woman that sits a glass on the table, when a coaster is in plane sight. I got lots of hang ups.
0 x

herofan
GURU
GURU

Postby herofan » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:47 pm

Same here; they just hold no attraction for me whatsoever. I can see a woman that I think is attractive, but if she has a tattoo, it just takes away from that attraction for me.
0 x

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:11 pm

herofan wrote:

Same here; they just hold no attraction for me whatsoever. I can see a woman that I think is attractive, but if she has a tattoo, it just takes away from that attraction for me.

Normally I might agree, but I knew a girl back in my single days (30-something years ago) that had a small butterfly tattoo on her shoulder. I didn't find that unattractive.
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

Aaron
GURU
GURU

Postby Aaron » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:09 pm

M-5 wrote:
Aaron wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:
:nod: I agree. I was never a big tattoo person unless they were ex-military but they have kind of grown on me. There is some really neat stuff out there.

I can't get behind all the piercings though... unless its a really hot chick... then I could probably look past it.

Seen that a few times and I still think it's horrid.

Still single right??

All day, every day. Like BigFoot, I have lots of hang ups. Possibly a curse, but most likely a blessing. Guy just a little older than me just paid his last check towards alimony last fall. 50k calf check, 40k went to the ex. All told she soaked him for 250k. She is a looker. Would have been financially prudent in his case to have a few hang ups. Lots of farm guys around here have gotten hooked up simply because they don't want to be alone - not a good reason to potentially risk your investment. And slowly those relationships are unraveling and things get messy.
0 x
Nothin' prettier than a red Ford truck, a Massey Ferguson tractor and a red-n-white Hereford sittin' on the farm.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:37 am

A good woman can't be replaced , with or without a tattoo. Now dont get me wrong there is a fine line between beauty and trashy.
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:23 am

Funny (at least to me) anecdote about tattoos.
In the 60s aboard ship a friend of mine was a barber and had tattoos on his arms, several were naked women. He was planning on getting out of the Navy and wanted to barber for a living. At that time to get a civilian barbers license you could only have tattoos that were covered and you couldn;t have a naked woman tattoo at all. He went through the surgical removal and bleaching process to get rid of them, very painful. He got out of the Navy and a month later rejoined and shipped him back to the same ship.
He didn;t see much humor in it but I thought it was hilarious.
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:24 am

Like Bigfoot I find tatoos very repulsive . i can't really explain why . I just never understood why someone would want to do it.
I have no problem with not setting your glass on a coaster.
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:25 am

Rafter S wrote:
herofan wrote:

Normally I might agree, but I knew a girl back in my single days (30-something years ago) that had a small butterfly tattoo on her shoulder. I didn't find that unattractive.

I bet that butterfly now looks like a saggy vulture
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:09 am

dun wrote:
Rafter S wrote:
herofan wrote:

I bet that butterfly now looks like a saggy vulture

Probably so, but in my memories it still looks the same.
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:46 am

One of my daughters was a jailer for a while. She's seen tons of hidden tats on strip searches....I think i'm the only parent with 4 kids that are tat free. Jailer daughter would have been my only guess to end up with a tat, but since she worked where she did and saw what she did, she'll remain tat free by her own accord. Said age is not kind to tats, neither is added weight. Not to mention that you wont find a single criminal without a painted body...
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:16 am

One of our vets is the last person you would expect to have a tattoo (very religious, devoted family man) but has a "wedding band" tattooed on his ring ringer in lieu of his ring. I certainly understand why he doesn't wear his actual ring (I don't on the ranch) and find his tat endearing.
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”