Why are tattoos so popular?

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Re: Why are tattoos so popular?

Postby Son of Butch » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:31 pm

herofan wrote:
Atimm693 wrote:What I don't get is ear gauges.. Why you would want your earlobes to hang like a wizard's sleeve is beyond me.

I don' t get them either. Do those people actually look in the mirror and think, "wow, that looks great!"

I'm old school. It's gotta be a bone through ears or nose like National Geographic.

I was at Subway and the young girl making my sandwich had a tiny diamond chip in her nose.
Honestly when I first saw it glint... I thought it was a bit of snot on her nose.
I don't think that was the look she was going for.
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:00 pm

Jogeephus wrote:
Nesikep wrote:I've thought about getting one, I'd place it high on my arm.. It would be a combination of cattle an other things blended together, but I'm not artistic enough to really be able to get it drawn up... I would probably place it so it's hidden by a T shirt

If you decide to do this don't get drunk in Tijuana and hire a fella named Juan Fernando to tattoo an angus bull on your arm because Juan don't know be nice about cattle even though he says different.

I think that looks a lot like Brute 23's avatar pic!
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

herofan
GURU
GURU

Postby herofan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:10 pm

Son of Butch wrote:
herofan wrote:
Atimm693 wrote:What I don't get is ear gauges.. Why you would want your earlobes to hang like a wizard's sleeve is beyond me.

I don' t get them either. Do those people actually look in the mirror and think, "wow, that looks great!"

I'm old school. It's gotta be a bone through ears or nose like National Geographic.

I was at Subway and the young girl making my sandwich had a tiny diamond chip in her nose.
Honestly when I first saw it glint... I thought it was a bit of snot on her nose.
I don't think that was the look she was going for.

I've seen people with a u shape in their nose with a little ball hanging out each nostril. It looks just like someone with snot hanging out their nose. I can't imagine that is the look they were going for.
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:32 pm

herofan wrote:I've seen people with a u shape in their nose with a little ball hanging out each nostril.
It looks just like someone with snot hanging out their nose. I can't imagine that is the look they were going for.

I assume functional not ornamental, probably had it since childhood... to break them from picking.
0 x

Cross-7
GURU
GURU

Postby Cross-7 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:41 pm

I just went to Walmart to pickup dinner, cheap cordless drill and drinks.
I have no tattoos or piercings, wrangler britches, button up shirt, boots and a straw hat.
Everyone looked as me like I was the weirdo :D
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:48 am

Cross-7 wrote:I just went to Walmart to pickup dinner, cheap cordless drill and drinks.
I have no tattoos or piercings, wrangler britches, button up shirt, boots and a straw hat.

Probably had nothing to do with the clothes but everything to do with the face. :lol2: :hide:
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

Cross-7
GURU
GURU

Postby Cross-7 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:43 am

TexasBred wrote:
Cross-7 wrote:I just went to Walmart to pickup dinner, cheap cordless drill and drinks.

Probably had nothing to do with the clothes but everything to do with the face. :lol2: :hide:

I bet that's right
I ain't very pretty :lol:
0 x

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:47 am

One of these things is not like the others. Have you seen the People of Walmart website/pics? Yikes!!
0 x

john250
GURU
GURU

Postby john250 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:06 am

Told my daughter I'd dis own her if she got tattooed. It's worked so far. So many pretty girls around here with ugly ink.
0 x
Drain the Swamp!

dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby dieselbeef » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:59 am

i think it totally depends on the person..or girl..some I cn look at and like..others..including my niece..i wonder wtf they were thinkin.
every one f mine has a story. a life lesson or meaning....some people get stupid crap just to get stupid crap..those I don't get either..but ink on a hot chick don't turn me off any
0 x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

sooner or later im gonna be all beefmasters...probly be later

shaz
GURU
GURU

Postby shaz » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:13 pm

callmefence wrote:
TCRanch wrote:One of our vets is the last person you would expect to have a tattoo (very religious, devoted family man) but has a "wedding band" tattooed on his ring ringer in lieu of his ring. I certainly understand why he doesn't wear his actual ring (I don't on the ranch) and find his tat endearing.

I came close to the wedding band tattoo way back before it became common. I can't stand jewelry of any kind."on me" even sunglasses bother me. I kinda though me not wearing the ring bothered my bride, so I considered that. Never did it though.

The only tattoo I have is a wedding band. I work with electronics during the day and farm at night. No way would I wear a ring!
0 x
Grab the bull by the horns.....then what are you supposed to do?

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:41 pm

I've just never felt the need for one....nor had the desire for one. Some that are colorful are really pretty but most are nothing but black or blue and look like they were done in a prison cell.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

herofan
GURU
GURU

Postby herofan » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:42 pm

dieselbeef wrote:every one f mine has a story. a life lesson or meaning....some people get stupid crap just to get stupid crap..those I don't get either..but ink on a hot chick don't turn me off any

Im just curious, did you grow up around people with tattoos? Was it a norm? I've had life lessons and lost loved ones and all that kind of thing, but it never crossed my mind to address it with a tattoo. I guess just a different personal culture. Just like I'm sure it doesn't cross too many people's minds in NY city to eat pinto beans with a ham hock like me because it's just not their culture.
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

dieselbeef wrote:i think it totally depends on the person..or girl....but ink on a hot chick don't turn me off any

And expensive/designer - jeans/clothing on an ugly girl doesn't turn me on... but on a hot chick anything looks good.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:06 pm

Do tattoos look less trashy at closing time?
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”