Feast or Famine

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
M-5
GURU
GURU

Feast or Famine

Postby M-5 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:19 am

I'm convinced there is nothing in between. Drought last fall , mild winter , NO spring rains to speak of, The last 4 weeks we have started making up for it . The folks to my west will certainly have a little distain for moisture over the next few days but We are in still in need of significant accumulation. Ponds are dry and empty , Fortunately the grass has finally caught up to the cows and I was able to start temp fencing last week to allow some sort of rotation. At work its been famine for 2 months so hopefully the rain brings leaks . But I am truly Thankful and blessed
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Re: Feast or Famine

Postby TCRanch » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:00 pm

After going through a 3 year drought I feel guilty any time I complain about too much rain but that brings its own problems. Similar to years when we've had brutal winters, virtually no spring, brutal summers and fall lasts all of 2 weeks. You're right, there is no in between but still blessed (need to work on my thankful).
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:08 pm

Me and CB and Rafter's fixin to get wet.

https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/ ... y?map=5day
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:30 pm

greybeard wrote:Me and CB and Rafter's fixin to get wet.

https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/ ... y?map=5day

I don't think y'all will get much , most of rain on gonna be East . it started here last night and has not stopped just a light soaking rain. I sure wish I had some grass to sprig this weather is perfect for that
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:34 pm

Should be just about right for me.

0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”