I need some help.....or sons...or your sons

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 886
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:22 pm

I need some help.....or sons...or your sons

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:44 pm

If any of you should happen to stumble across a young man that would like to build fence........send him my way. We've got a bunkhouse fit for a king (lower middle class king) and plenty of work to do. I'm looking for the kind of worker that would want to own a fence business some day.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

User avatar
Aaron
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3945
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Stratton, ON, Canada
Contact:

Re: I need some help.....or sons...or your sons

Postby Aaron » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:28 pm

If I didn't have cows, I would be there in a heartbeat. Talk about a dream job - would even make a great vacation for me.
0 x
Nothin' prettier than a red Ford truck, a Massey Ferguson tractor and a red-n-white Hereford sittin' on the farm.

cowboy43
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1782
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:36 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: I need some help.....or sons...or your sons

Postby cowboy43 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:16 pm

You have a problem that a large percentage of businesses have that need workers to do manual labor, no one wants to do it.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3461
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: I need some help.....or sons...or your sons

Postby callmefence » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:40 pm

You can't have my boy that's for dam sure.

I d tell you to call m5 but he's probably burnt out. Been fencing large tracts since he was 5. :D
0 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...


You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3185
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: I need some help.....or sons...or your sons

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:40 pm

I got a fence contractor starting here tomorrow morning. I don't know if you have crossed paths with Kevin Burton. He has done most of my fencing. Treated wood post, driven, high tensile woven, one strand barb on top. 12 foot spacing or maybe it is 10 foot spacing. Cannot remember.
0 x

Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 886
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: I need some help.....or sons...or your sons

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:04 pm

Bright Raven wrote:I got a fence contractor starting here tomorrow morning. I don't know if you have crossed paths with Kevin Burton. He has done most of my fencing. Treated wood post, driven, high tensile woven, one strand barb on top. 12 foot spacing or maybe it is 10 foot spacing. Cannot remember.


I haven't, but I'd be glad to bring some wire down for him to try out.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

User avatar
M-5
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5577
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:41 pm
Location: AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers

Re: I need some help.....or sons...or your sons

Postby M-5 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:06 pm

callmefence wrote:You can't have my boy that's for dam sure.

I d tell you to call m5 but he's probably burnt out. Been fencing large tracts since he was 5. :D

I doubt he could afford me
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 886
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: I need some help.....or sons...or your sons

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:08 pm

callmefence wrote:You can't have my boy that's for dam sure.

I d tell you to call m5 but he's probably burnt out. Been fencing large tracts since he was 5. :D


Tell Chisolm to check the pocket of that new hoodie for an offer when it gets there. :D
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3461
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: I need some help.....or sons...or your sons

Postby callmefence » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:13 pm

M-5 wrote:
callmefence wrote:You can't have my boy that's for dam sure.

I d tell you to call m5 but he's probably burnt out. Been fencing large tracts since he was 5. :D

I doubt he could afford me


Have you seen this guys shop. Think of the raining day tinkering possibilities.
0 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...


You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

wbvs58
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3190
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:45 am
Location: S.E. Queensland, Australia

Re: I need some help.....or sons...or your sons

Postby wbvs58 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:41 pm

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:If any of you should happen to stumble across a young man that would like to build fence........send him my way. We've got a bunkhouse fit for a king (lower middle class king) and plenty of work to do. I'm looking for the kind of worker that would want to own a fence business some day.

Are you going to do franchises Farmfence?

Ken
0 x

Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 886
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: I need some help.....or sons...or your sons

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:59 pm

wbvs58 wrote:
Farm Fence Solutions wrote:If any of you should happen to stumble across a young man that would like to build fence........send him my way. We've got a bunkhouse fit for a king (lower middle class king) and plenty of work to do. I'm looking for the kind of worker that would want to own a fence business some day.

Are you going to do franchises Farmfence?

Ken


That is something we have kicked around, but it would be a ways down the road. Right now, we are really just looking for a good, reliable, long term employee that just might work his way into the drivers seat.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3185
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: I need some help.....or sons...or your sons

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:07 am

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:I got a fence contractor starting here tomorrow morning. I don't know if you have crossed paths with Kevin Burton. He has done most of my fencing. Treated wood post, driven, high tensile woven, one strand barb on top. 12 foot spacing or maybe it is 10 foot spacing. Cannot remember.


I haven't, but I'd be glad to bring some wire down for him to try out.


HaHa, I bet he comes with wire and posts. He worked for TT also. TT was pleased. He had some big contracts on the horse farms in Lexington this spring.
0 x

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10383
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: I need some help.....or sons...or your sons

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:09 am

Bright Raven wrote:
Farm Fence Solutions wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:I got a fence contractor starting here tomorrow morning. I don't know if you have crossed paths with Kevin Burton. He has done most of my fencing. Treated wood post, driven, high tensile woven, one strand barb on top. 12 foot spacing or maybe it is 10 foot spacing. Cannot remember.


I haven't, but I'd be glad to bring some wire down for him to try out.


HaHa, I bet he comes with wire and posts. He worked for TT also. TT was pleased. He had some big contracts on the horse farms in Lexington this spring.


I would reccommend him to anybody.

Please ask Kevin if he has any interest in working on our farm again later this year. Thanks
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3185
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: I need some help.....or sons...or your sons

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:12 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
Farm Fence Solutions wrote:
I haven't, but I'd be glad to bring some wire down for him to try out.


HaHa, I bet he comes with wire and posts. He worked for TT also. TT was pleased. He had some big contracts on the horse farms in Lexington this spring.


I would reccommend him to anybody.

Please ask Kevin if he has any interest in working on our farm again later this year. Thanks


Will do.
0 x

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10383
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: I need some help.....or sons...or your sons

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:15 am

Bright Raven wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
HaHa, I bet he comes with wire and posts. He worked for TT also. TT was pleased. He had some big contracts on the horse farms in Lexington this spring.


I would reccommend him to anybody.

Please ask Kevin if he has any interest in working on our farm again later this year. Thanks


Will do.


Thanks, tradional fencing this time.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.


Return to “Every Thing Else Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 7 guests