inventing

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Cross-7
GURU
GURU

Re: inventing

Postby Cross-7 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:33 pm

tater74 wrote:It rained in Houston today.

You get a patent on it ?
0 x

Ol' 243
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Ol' 243 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:42 pm

Cross-7 wrote:
tater74 wrote:It rained in Houston today.

You get a patent on it ?

You gotta pay 1400 dollars to see if anyone else has one.
0 x

Ol' 243
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Ol' 243 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:48 pm

0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:49 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:No, just conversation.. Not sure why you guys have to turn it into this. I'd love to hear others experience. Like I said, its more about the learning to get a patent than what the patent is for, for me. Never once did I ask for a pat on my back. Nor did I want all this negativity... Anyone reading this, if you have an experience you'd like to share on getting a patent or something you invented, i'd love to hear it.

Ignore them. Some of them have never had an original thought in their life other than to criticize someone else's efforts.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:52 pm

Ol' 243 wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote: My poor husband, bless his heart. Such a great guy but I know most of the ideas I throw his way, he wonders if I've totally lost my noodles.

Oh, I definitely feel for the guy, but most folks pain is self inflicted. :lol:

And in your case stupidity must be hereditary. Hopefully you haven't reproduced.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:09 pm

Cross-7 wrote:I compliment your enthusiasm and drive.
99.9 % of sales is not getting down when told no and truly having confidence in your product

Exactly.....thank you.
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:13 pm

TexasBred wrote:Ignore them. Some of them have never had an original thought in their life other than to criticize someone else's efforts.

People like this make me sad. Like water off a ducks back. They should have listen to their mothers.. If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it at all... I sometimes want to say things on their conversations, but I don't because I don't get any enjoyment out of it. You have to wonder about people who do..
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

Ol' 243
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Ol' 243 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:05 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Ol' 243 wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote: My poor husband, bless his heart. Such a great guy but I know most of the ideas I throw his way, he wonders if I've totally lost my noodles.

Oh, I definitely feel for the guy, but most folks pain is self inflicted. :lol:

And in your case stupidity must be hereditary. Hopefully you haven't reproduced.

I tell you what, when they build a 50 ton injection mold in their garage you let me know, and I'll quit makin' babies.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:04 am

Ol' 243 wrote:I tell you what, when they build a 50 ton injection mold in their garage you let me know, and I'll quit makin' babies.

Since my patented plastic part is simple, we found a injection machine similar to this one. I believe the one we found had a hydraulic lever and not a hand pull. Didn't feel like doing a long search for it. Again, we still had to pay to get a mold made and I don't want to make them so this is why we didn't invest in a machine to do so. https://www.techkits.com/products/model-150a/
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:06 am

M-5 wrote:yes, I am registered with the US patent office

What is your invention?
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:13 am

cowgirl8 wrote:

What is your invention?

I have several things I'm always tinkering with , I have a fence tool ive I'm patent pending , and for what it worth most inventors never get rich but the lawyers they hire do.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:03 am

M-5 wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:

What is your invention?

I have several things I'm always tinkering with , I have a fence tool ive I'm patent pending , and for what it worth most inventors never get rich but the lawyers they hire do.

I was directed to a guy who is not a lawyer, but is a patent agent. Charges way less than a lawyer. Its really sad that I have a government patent lawyer living right next to me...lol...I'd never bother him though, he's retired and deserves it but he loves seeing the things I come up with .
My first invention was a toy. It was a little airplane that when hung on the pull chain of a ceiling fan, it went round and round. Would have made a great cereal box toy. Was carved out of Styrofoam and had paper wings...Worked great and was fun to watch. That was way back in the day, probably 1980...Was told, not many people have ceiling fans....lol
0 x

M.Magis
GURU
GURU

Postby M.Magis » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:17 am

cowgirl8 wrote:
Ol' 243 wrote:I tell you what, when they build a 50 ton injection mold in their garage you let me know, and I'll quit makin' babies.

Since my patented plastic part is simple, we found a injection machine similar to this one. I believe the one we found had a hydraulic lever and not a hand pull. Didn't feel like doing a long search for it. Again, we still had to pay to get a mold made and I don't want to make them so this is why we didn't invest in a machine to do so. https://www.techkits.com/products/model-150a/

That's not an actual injection molding machine. It's basically a semi-automated pouring machine. There's no real pressure, it simply squirts melted plastic through a nozzle.
Don't expect real injection mold quality with that type of machine.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:27 am

M.Magis wrote:That's not an actual injection molding machine. It's basically a semi-automated pouring machine. There's no real pressure, it simply squirts melted plastic through a nozzle.
Don't expect real injection mold quality with that type of machine.

Nitpick...I'm not looking to mass produce, but rather make one simple item one at a time. The one we looked at had a hydraulic injector, not a arm pull...Melted plastic, forced into a metal mold..........= injection machine. Never once did I ever say it compared to a industrial machine, it was a argument you decided to start. . So, lets give up this 'Oh yeah, you think you know everything bull shlt....its getting old.... If I make this plastic item, i'll either make my own silicone mold and used a resin plastic, or i'll get a home 'injection machine' with a metal mold and make them with melted plastic that is, with a hydraulic cylinder inject, yes, inject the melted plastic into the mold......period
0 x

M.Magis
GURU
GURU

Postby M.Magis » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:08 am

Okay, good luck with your ground breaking invention. For whatever reason I thought you wanted input from someone that actually works in the industry to steer you in the right direction for your product. Since you brought it up.
I see now you actually wanted to create the illusion of knowledge and some atta-girls.

Atta-girl.
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”