inventing

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Re: inventing

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:47 am

M.Magis wrote:Okay, good luck with your ground breaking invention. For whatever reason I thought you wanted input from someone that actually works in the industry to steer you in the right direction for your product. Since you brought it up.
I see now you actually wanted to create the illusion of knowledge and some atta-girls.

Atta-girl.

Go back and I understood your suggestions, and had already done them. But you didn't understand that I had already done what you suggested, but rather thought that I needed told by a man what I needed to do. The injection machine my husband was positive he could make was never said to be equal to a industrial machine, yet that didn't stop you. I said, a mold for a injection whether it be for home use or factory was going to cost me 20,000, actually I looked back at the invoice and 2 years ago it was a little over 21.000 since its a 3 piece mold. You assume I have not done my homework and continue to ridicule me that I think I know everything and just want pats on my back. Can we let this go? I get it, you know everything there is to plastic and I will never know as much as you....lets move on, OK :deadhorse: BTW, my new invention has no plastic...oh but wait, its metal, should I shut up and not say I can make it as to draw out metal experts....lol
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:13 am

:D :D :D ;-)
Last edited by cowgirl8 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:34 am

cowgirl8 wrote:We had our prototype made with a 3D printer.. I used it to make silicone molds. I then used part of it to make a whole new piece and then made a mold out of that... Past all that part. But as far as us building a injection machine, we are capable in doing it. I'm just not sure if i'm up to selling and shipping them myself. 3D printers are good, but the item is made in layers. If the item is made in layers, it can split....
The problem with pouring is how much time it takes. I've experimented with several types of plastic. Each mold will hold up to about 30 pours. I've tried plastics that harden really really fast...too stressful....I have one that I get along with, 15 min hardening time, but its not really food grade. I've looked into one that sets in a couple hours and then you have to bake it. If I do anything with it, i'll just have a company make them, then, i'll feel less stressed if I have to ship.

M.Magis....this is the piece you seemed to skip over yet continued to tell me you're the expert. The difference for me, making them at home, is in the plastic. I can mix and hurry to get in a silicone mold, one at a time. Or, I can get a better food grade plastic, melt it and inject it into a aluminum mold I have to pay 21,000 for. But, if I have to pay that for a mold i'd be a idiot not to have someone in a factory to make them. Then all I have to do is take a truck and pick up the box full of adaptors..... My husband, who loves building things, offered to make me a machine that would do this, but I also explained to him that we still have to fork out that chunk of money for a mold so why not just have the factory make them.. We've done the 3D, we've done the silicone mold and pour plastics, I think we tried 4 types, and we have the file for the adaptor to have a mold made and we also have the invoice written up(although i'm sure prices would be different since its been over a year) to have this all done. On my adaptor I have done my homework. Just waiting for the right time to have it made....get it...
0 x

M.Magis
GURU
GURU

Postby M.Magis » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:51 am

I didn't actually skip over anything. You're using words you don't understand and using them wrong. Nothing wrong with that, anyone not in the industry would have no reason to understand what everything means. But you specifically said you needed to decide between a poured mold and an injection mold. When in fact you're not talking about injection molding at all.
Oh well, I should have known from the start you weren't looking for advice.
Atta-girl.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:15 pm

M.Magis wrote:I didn't actually skip over anything. You're using words you don't understand and using them wrong. Nothing wrong with that, anyone not in the industry would have no reason to understand what everything means. But you specifically said you needed to decide between a poured mold and an injection mold. When in fact you're not talking about injection molding at all.
Oh well, I should have known from the start you weren't looking for advice.
Atta-girl.

Good lord fella........If I have to have a mold made......I would have the factory make it. I'm assuming you cant read. Not using words I don't understand...maybe you cant understand what you are reading, you're just all high and mighty that you know it all....geeze....Yes, I did not know whether I wanted to pour at home or have it injected....at a factory....get it. Let it go now..
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:16 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:
M-5 wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:What is your invention?

I have several things I'm always tinkering with , I have a fence tool ive I'm patent pending , and for what it worth most inventors never get rich but the lawyers they hire do.

DId you ever sell any of your fence tools? I'd love to see it, what problem did it fix?. Honestly guys, i'm interested in the whole process and what others have had patented.... I am truly interested
When I've done patent searches I've seen some crazy things people had patented. I do not want to be the rope with a handle guy...lol....I find that I go from thinking my idea is spectacular from wondering if I've lost my mind
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:32 pm

The patent search is on. Patent guy has paying easy, paypal...That worked great. I suppose he could possibly find something like it, and if so I may still make my chicken thing. If there is something like it, its probably used for something else and not what I planned for it. Soon as he does his search and gets the application and drawings done and sent in, it patent pending. From the last one I had done, it could take a year to become a patent.. But the ball can start rolling on the patent pending....
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:27 pm

I am still working on it, with a patent pending I have a year to file for patent. It tightens barb wire.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:34 pm

I thought of you when I saw this.

https://youtu.be/s4dAtwb6Ie4
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:55 pm

M-5 wrote:I am still working on it, with a patent pending I have a year to file for patent. It tightens barb wire.

Do you have someone you know filing it? Or are you using a service?
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:20 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:
M-5 wrote:I am still working on it, with a patent pending I have a year to file for patent. It tightens barb wire.

No, it is not nessasary to use a service
Most services and lawyers are only there to make money. All you have to do is be able to read and understand instructions.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:22 pm

M-5 wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:

No, it is not nessasary to use a service
Most services and lawyers are only there to make money. All you have to do is be able to read and understand instructions.

Good deal...
0 x

Ol' 243
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Ol' 243 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:06 pm

[quote="M-5"All you have to do is be able to read and understand instructions.[/quote]

Herein lies the problem . . . . . . . .I can't believe I keep coming back and reading this shyt. It's like a train wreck, but I wanna see the carnage.
0 x

D2Cat
Rancher
Rancher

Postby D2Cat » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:25 pm

My FIL was quite a machinist. He grew up in his dad's shop and his two brothers had the same trade. Always building something. He once had an old wooden ladder discarded by his buddies at KCP&L when they went to fiberglass. He mounted a couple of shock absorbers on each leg, drilled and tapped and connected them with a line with a valve in it. You could set the ladder on a slope, open the valve, push the ladder down with it still perpendicular to the ground, then close the valve. Worked pretty slick.

Here's a pistol he made. On the side is says, "INGERSOLL TARGET .22 LONG". I think it's stainless steel.

[url][url=https://postimg.org/image/mwdel8ph9/]Image[/url][/url]
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:18 am

D2Cat wrote:My FIL was quite a machinist. He grew up in his dad's shop and his two brothers had the same trade. Always building something. He once had an old wooden ladder discarded by his buddies at KCP&L when they went to fiberglass. He mounted a couple of shock absorbers on each leg, drilled and tapped and connected them with a line with a valve in it. You could set the ladder on a slope, open the valve, push the ladder down with it still perpendicular to the ground, then close the valve. Worked pretty slick.

Here's a pistol he made. On the side is says, "INGERSOLL TARGET .22 LONG". I think it's stainless steel.

[url][url=https://postimg.org/image/mwdel8ph9/]Image[/url][/url]

Just think of the things people have come up with that were never patented. Now those wooden ladders are Christmas trees..lol..i have one. I set all my ceramic houses and stores on it. Totally love it. Paid 10 bucks for it at a estate sale, got lucky on the price. They go for a lot of money now if they are old and worn.
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”