inventing

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Re: inventing

Postby cowgirl8 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:20 am

M-5 wrote:yes, I am registered with the US patent office.

M-5 wrote:I am still working on it, with a patent pending I have a year to file for patent. It tightens barb wire.

Unless you have a patent pass and paid for, you are not registered to have a patent....So it passed the patent pending and you're just waiting on paying for the patent?
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:18 am

Most people just want to get a specific task accomplished when they invent something and most of the time it's the greedy sobs that steal the intellectual property to try and get rich.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:22 am

cowgirl8 wrote:
M-5 wrote:yes, I am registered with the US patent office.

M-5 wrote:I am still working on it, with a patent pending I have a year to file for patent. It tightens barb wire.

Unless you have a patent pass and paid for, you are not registered to have a patent....So it passed the patent pending and you're just waiting on paying for the patent?

You file a patent pending and that gets your intellectual property secure , you have one year to either file for a patent or let it expire. Most patent pending or in the reasearh and development stage or the trial market stage.

So you go straight to the patent without utilizing the system to see if the product is a viable before spending all that money?
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:31 am

That's not how I understood it. You file for the patent once you have a patent search done, that gets you intellectual property secured with a patent pending. The patent office, who is behind for 6 months to a year, reviews it. If they find it patentable, they pass it and send you or your reprehensive a acceptance. You then file, pay for, that final patent which is not as much as getting a patent pending. I'm guessing that's where you get the one year to decide. So you've already gone to the expense to get the patent pending, waited, so why not just get it patented. I believe that once mine was excepted, it was just a small fee to finish it.....
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:41 am

Yes you pay a fee for PP but it nominal compared to the complete process. Like I said before some people are not looking to impress or get rich only self satisfaction knowing that you accomplished something only a small % ever do.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:42 am

And one reason to have someone who is experienced at applying for patents is to make sure that all sides are covered. I actually got 3 versions of my jar adaptor patented. He was really surprised that I got all 3. This helps in the long run to protect my item from being 'made' another way to get around my patent. He applied the 3 versions and hoped for one to pass...but all 3 did and its almost impossible for someone to make one without infringing on my patent.. I paid more than if I applied myself to save a few bucks, but if i'm going to the trouble of getting the patent, I want to know 100% my efforts are protected...
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:48 am

cowgirl8 wrote:And one reason to have someone who is experienced at applying for patents is to make sure that all sides are covered. I actually got 3 versions of my jar adaptor patented. He was really surprised that I got all 3. This helps in the long run to protect my item from being 'made' another way to get around my patent. He applied the 3 versions and hoped for one to pass...but all 3 did and its almost impossible for someone to make one without infringing on my patent.. I paid more than if I applied myself to save a few bucks, but if i'm going to the trouble of getting the patent, I want to know 100% my efforts are protected...

To each his own
0 x

ddd75
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ddd75 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:55 am

you can show the mason jar invention?
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:02 am

This is a video of me making quick salsa. I'm using canned tomatoes probably because its winter time. The attachment is on my blender already...
https://youtu.be/Y0oRZeWauQk
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:10 am

This blender attachment was not only my idea. I've always wished to use my wide mouth jars. Technically you can attach the blade to a small mouth jar with no adapter. But, you have to fiddle with the blade and gasket. I've cut myself doing it this way and always have trouble with the gasket. I was not the only one doing this and not the only one wanting to use a wide mouth jar. I was just the first one to get a patent....
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:58 am

Just had another invention idea...I could see this one at BBBeyond...It pertains to the way I fold my towels and how when people see it they think its a good idea...I must start writing these down, it will be out of my head in about an hour if I don't....
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:36 am

M-5 wrote:Yes you pay a fee for PP but it nominal compared to the complete process. Like I said before some people are not looking to impress or get rich only self satisfaction knowing that you accomplished something only a small % ever do.

Your fence item is PP so it would be safe to show what you've come up with....We want to see it!!!
0 x

ddd75
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ddd75 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:11 am

cowgirl8 wrote:This is a video of me making quick salsa. I'm using canned tomatoes probably because its winter time. The attachment is on my blender already...

wow. thats really good.

ever try to go to kitchenaide or somewhere for it?
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:15 am

ddd75 wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:This is a video of me making quick salsa. I'm using canned tomatoes probably because its winter time. The attachment is on my blender already...

wow. thats really good.

I halfway contacted Ball. They introduced a jar for drinking, thought, HEY, yall need to license this.. Didn't hear back though. :(
0 x

ddd75
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ddd75 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:33 am

cowgirl8 wrote:
ddd75 wrote:

wow. thats really good.

I halfway contacted Ball. They introduced a jar for drinking, thought, HEY, yall need to license this.. Didn't hear back though. :(

might of contacted the wrong person.. i'd go to all the kitchen companies and try to get them to test market it.
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”