inventing

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Re: inventing

Postby cowgirl8 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:24 am

I finally got a quote from China...Yeah, I know, I need to be careful. But, its doable if its legit. 1,500 for the mold and 19 cents per part shipped if I order 3000.. Going to chew on it for a while....
ddd75, I may investigate more with Ball...probably didn't get to the right person. I was sent a message it would be sent to someone else.. but, i'm thinking it was not received or was sent to the wrong department...
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:40 am

cowgirl8 wrote:I finally got a quote from China...Yeah, I know, I need to be careful. But, its doable if its legit. 1,500 for the mold and 19 cents per part shipped if I order 3000.. Going to chew on it for a while....
ddd75, I may investigate more with Ball...probably didn't get to the right person. I was sent a message it would be sent to someone else.. but, i'm thinking it was not received or was sent to the wrong department...

So looks like you would have 69 cents in each part. You might try an advertisement in Mother Earth News and some other get back to the land publications and market them yourself.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:09 pm

hurleyjd wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:I finally got a quote from China...Yeah, I know, I need to be careful. But, its doable if its legit. 1,500 for the mold and 19 cents per part shipped if I order 3000.. Going to chew on it for a while....

So looks like you would have 69 cents in each part. You might try an advertisement in Mother Earth News and some other get back to the land publications and market them yourself.

I thought I had the best space to demo it and get the word out. One of my canning FB groups has like 15,000 people in it. But even when I just posted a video of a recipe using it, once the manager of the group caught wind of it, she cut me off.. Anything I tried posting, she'd delete it. That kind of set me back a bit because it was what I had my sights on. But that's ok, sometimes its better to wait on things for the pieces to fall and fit better....
This morning I did contact Ball and asked for someone who handles new gadgets. They had a new one advertised on their page.. figured, i'll give it a try. I may give kickstarters a try again now that I know just several thousand dollars can get me inventory instead of tens of thousands..
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:58 pm

I had forgot about the blender thing. Good luck on the new thing. Also I don't understand the need to attack every single thing you post. Seems like the ones that don't like you would just over look all your post.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:45 am

UGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH. There was a patent made in 1917..lol...Waiting to hear from the patent guy what I can do. Bummed. He said there is no way to alter mine to make a new patent. At least I know 100 years ago, someone had my same idea. Not sure why its not around today. But, they didn't have internet back then for things to go viral..
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:10 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:UGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH. There was a patent made in 1917..lol...Waiting to hear from the patent guy what I can do. Bummed. He said there is no way to alter mine to make a new patent. At least I know 100 years ago, someone had my same idea. Not sure why its not around today. But, they didn't have internet back then for things to go viral..

so what was IT ??

http://www.google.com.pg/patents/US1213526

or Image
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:14 pm

Awfully naive if you thought specks for chickens was something new. Most common use of them is to stop them from pecking each other.
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:17 pm

That's not my invention. Lol. Honestly I'm not surprised. Payment guy said he had to dig deep for mine. When I figure out what to do with it I'll reveal what it is.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:17 pm

We have an old friend who is on his last days. Daughter and her husband went to look at his business possibly to buy. He's been in the computer business since the 70s. Very very smart man, but eccentric. He's invented many things over the years.
While there, he showed my daughter an invention he made and gave it to her to test. She brought it over here yesterday and I just sat back and scratched my head. I know people think i'm a little weird and my ideas are a little weird, but its just how I am. Some women like to shop, some like to be pampered, I spend my days working on things and coming up with ideas.
OK, back to his invention. First, a quick search and you can find many things like it, so its been done. Second, his was so complicated it was unmarketable. What it was is a coffee cup holder that hangs from crutches. The version we found quickly on a image search was a neat tight holder that would sway with the crutch so that it didn't spill. Friends was a big metal bracket with 3 chains hanging from it, with a tub, actually a Tupperware container with a hole cut in the top. This hung about a foot down from the bracket that attached to the hand bar. ANd the bracket wasn't like a homemade thing, it was machined. HIs shop has many machines for fabricating metal things, so it was professional and looks like he took a lot of time on it. Bless his heart, or anyone who spends lots of time on a project they feel will change someones life..
But, this gave me inspiration. Just when I think my idea is silly, its not. Driving checking cows a name came into my head. I needed a name for my new product. Cant announce it all because that would give it away and at this point I don't want any negative comments. Not that I cant take negative comments, but they derail my momentum..
Here is the first part of the name Bawk like the sound a chicken makes. My hope is, to get something out there that is a household word....
Bawk...bawk
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:23 am

On my patented invention, we just may do the 3D printer. When we last looked, there were no plastics we could use. But, time has improved the 3d printer and now I can get the right plastic.
Husband is doing all the research, he's wanted a 3D printer since they came out. SO, I trust him in getting what we need to get the Jinder Blenders made....
Still working on my chicken idea. Since I cant get a patent on it as it is, i'll either try to change it enough to get one, or go patent free....
0 x

RanchMan90
GURU
GURU

Postby RanchMan90 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:20 am

Should go on shark tank really
0 x
The secret to getting ahead is getting started ~ Mark Twain

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:37 am

They make simple multi-axis cup holders that hang vertical no matter what angle or direction the object they are attached to is in. They've been around forever.
You see them on boats and aircraft.
Had one I took on the helos I flew on nearly 50 years ago. Never spilled a drop.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:10 pm

RanchMan90 wrote:Should go on shark tank really

Have you seen Funderdome? They give inventors money with no stings. My new invention would be just what they look for...I think.. I did send in a hint to what I've made but haven't heard back. The show is iffy if it makes it a second season.. And while cutting hay, I came up with something added to the 100 yr old patent that might get a new patent for me....going to test it out more now that i'm done for a day or two being stuck in a tractor....pretty excited about this. Not only does it add to the thing, but its pretty cool. I have a prototype made to see if it would even work...tested it on a chicken and it worked....then husband came in and assigned me a hayfield. I get very few long days to myself.....
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”