Never said this before

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
cowgirl8
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4024
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:37 am
Location: NE Texas

Never said this before

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:05 am

Please quit raining, in July.....
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

User avatar
TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2515
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Palmyra, TN

Re: Never said this before

Postby TN Cattle Man » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:38 am

I echo your sentiments here in Middle Tennessee!! Don't get me wrong, I love the rain and know how precious it is but man, I need a couple of dry days to get some stuff done! I still have hay bales in the field that I need to put up!
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4024
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:37 am
Location: NE Texas

Re: Never said this before

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:42 am

We've lost around 40 bales to flood... Was almost dry enough to get them out of the field. Timed it right to get it cut and baled, but rain that evening......Now, underwater...
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4024
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:37 am
Location: NE Texas

Re: Never said this before

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:42 am

Paris got 11 inches.. We've gotten around 5 so far
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28036
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Never said this before

Postby TexasBred » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:57 am

I'm not going to complain. Think we've had close to 10 inches since 6/1/17 but never know when it will quit and not get a drop for a month. And 100 degree days and just around the corner. My cows still have loose manure from the good green hi protein grazing. Never had that before in July that I can remember.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4024
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:37 am
Location: NE Texas

Re: Never said this before

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:40 am

Its going to be a month before we can get back to cutting hay. And shredding, no telling when we can do that. Grass is over our cows heads.. Had a heifer with pneumonia last week. Luckily she went into the woods and I just barely saw her in there but did see her, otherwise she'd be dead now. If I have a calf or cow go down now, I wont see them till the buzzards are circling..
None of this water is soaking in anymore, its 100% runoff..
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

User avatar
slick4591
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8239
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: Farmersville, Texas
Contact:

Re: Never said this before

Postby slick4591 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:43 am

Friend of mine at Roxton posted this pic of his road on the morning of the 3rd.

Image
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4024
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:37 am
Location: NE Texas

Re: Never said this before

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:41 pm

slick4591 wrote:Friend of mine at Roxton posted this pic of his road on the morning of the 3rd.

Image

Yeah, that water flowed by a little while ago....lol..
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

Ol' 243
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 738
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:57 pm
Location: Wedowee, Al

Re: Never said this before

Postby Ol' 243 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:43 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:Please quit raining, in July.....


You should invent a Rain Maker/Rain Stopper . . . . . . . .lol
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4024
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:37 am
Location: NE Texas

Re: Never said this before

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:52 pm

Ol' 243 wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:Please quit raining, in July.....


You should invent a Rain Maker/Rain Stopper . . . . . . . .lol

Believe me when I say, I've thought on it....
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

User avatar
Rafter S
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3706
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:13 am
Location: Grimes County, TX

Re: Never said this before

Postby Rafter S » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:56 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:Please quit raining, in July.....


Have you ever heard the term "Be careful what you wish for"?
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

User avatar
Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10964
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:31 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Never said this before

Postby Bigfoot » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:54 pm

TN Cattle Man wrote:I echo your sentiments here in Middle Tennessee!! Don't get me wrong, I love the rain and know how precious it is but man, I need a couple of dry days to get some stuff done! I still have hay bales in the field that I need to put up!


With all the rain we've been getting, and all the fronts that have come through, Ive been missed by the majority of the rain. If we do end on a drought, I will have a month jump start on everybody else. Brother just down the road has accumulated 5 or 6 inches in the last couple weeks. I'm at 3/10's.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

cow pollinater
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5593
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:33 pm
Location: Eastern OK

Re: Never said this before

Postby cow pollinater » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:18 pm

When I left California during the drought I swore I'd never complain about rain and I'm not there yet but I'm starting to see why some people do...
0 x

User avatar
backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy
Posts: 14236
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:27 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Never said this before

Postby backhoeboogie » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:12 pm

TexasBred wrote:I'm not going to complain. Think we've had close to 10 inches since 6/1/17 but never know when it will quit and not get a drop for a month. And 100 degree days and just around the corner. My cows still have loose manure from the good green hi protein grazing. Never had that before in July that I can remember.


Exactly. I remember when all the cactus died around here. Purple then brown shriveled up prickly pear. Everywhere. Mud and flood is way better than burn out
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

User avatar
Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6459
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:34 pm
Location: Ctrl Virginia

Re: Never said this before

Postby Workinonit Farm » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:19 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:
TexasBred wrote:I'm not going to complain. Think we've had close to 10 inches since 6/1/17 but never know when it will quit and not get a drop for a month. And 100 degree days and just around the corner. My cows still have loose manure from the good green hi protein grazing. Never had that before in July that I can remember.


Exactly. I remember when all the cactus died around here. Purple then brown shriveled up prickly pear. Everywhere. Mud and flood is way better than burn out


:nod: :nod:

Having endured drought, a bunch of years ago, I vowed not to complain about rain or mud again! Since that drought, we had times where everything was muck and guck, and I was glad for the moisture.
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.


Return to “Every Thing Else Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests