Fixing a Mud Hole

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
slick4591
GURU
GURU

Re: Fixing a Mud Hole

Postby slick4591 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:59 am

Finding out that different people use different terminology for the stuff I'm supposedly getting. Talk to a friend of mine this morning that he called it wash out, the stuff that they dump when cleaning out the concrete delivery trucks. He says it will make a pretty good base, but not necessarily help my mud hole.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:07 pm

Washout works pretty good for a topper, but it's hit or miss whether anyone at the readymix places has any available when you need it. It gets sold pretty quick around here.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:32 pm

greybeard wrote:Washout works pretty good for a topper, but it's hit or miss whether anyone at the readymix places has any available when you need it. It gets sold pretty quick around here.

Since figuring out what it really is I figured out I can only use it as a base and to spread on my driveway. I'm not going to waste any on the mud hole, so I'll fix it a different way once it dries out. The truck driver I talked to says there are several places around that beg people to haul the wash out off and give it away.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”